Author Topic: The Old Covenant  (Read 5993 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
The Old Covenant
« on: July 29, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
PeteWaldo YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0VnWjnoZDM

In the Old Covenant God revealed that atonement for sin could be made through the blood of sacrificed animals as sin offerings.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=sin+offering&t=KJV&sf=5

God instructed His old covenant people to build a tabernacle, where the sacrifice of animals was to take place on an alter, that was the focus of the temple.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=tabernacle&t=KJV&sf=5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon%27s_Temple

Muslims even today recognize blood sacrifice when they sacrifice animals on the hill of Mina during Hajj. Also believing that the first drop of blood shed by an Islamic warrior - what they believe to be a "martyr" - killed during imperialistic conquest provides remission of sin for the fallen.

Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, eventually became the one sacrifice for all that have faith in His shed blood, thus fulfilling the old covenant.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Hbr 10:12  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

God also made a land covenant with His people, a part of which is described as follows:

Genesis 17:7  And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an EVERLASTING covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, ALL THE LAND OF CANAAN, for an EVERLASTING possession; and I will be their God.

Daniel prophesied the restoration of the Israleites to their land in 1948, and city in 1967, right to the year. http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=77.0 Their land severely compromised today via the U.N. by the likes of Fidel Castro, Ahmadinejad, Ch�vez, Carter, Clinton and Bush.

God gave "all the land of Canaan, for an EVERLASTING possession" to the seed of Abraham, but because of disobedience God's people were dispersed in the wilderness of the nations for over 2500 years.
But to which seed was this covenant promised?

Genesis 17:20 And as for ISHMAEL, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. 21 BUT MY COVENANT will I establish WITH ISAAC, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

So we find that covenant was with the seed OF ISAAC and NOT with the seed of ISHMAEL.

Romans 9:7  Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, [are they] all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.    8  That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these [are] not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.    9  For this [is] the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.

Not only because Ishmael was Abraham's son with his wife Sarah's handmaiden Hagar, but.....

Genesis 21:8 And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the [same] day that Isaac was weaned. 9 And Sarah saw THE SON OF HAGAR the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, MOCKING.

It was not only because the Lord willed Abraham's wife Sarah to be able to bear Abraham a son, in spite of her advanced age, but also because Ishmael blew it with his mocking.

Do we witness Ishamel's seed mocking on YouTube today, through those like Ahmed Deedat and his adoring, applauding, bible-ignorant minions, mocking the seed of Isaac?
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=268.0

10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: FOR THE SON OF THIS BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH MY SON, [even] with ISAAC.

Abraham took Sarah's advice and cast out Hagar and Ishmael, thereby disowning the son he had with Sarah's handmaiden. What did God think about that?

Genesis 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for IN ISAAC SHALL THY SEED BE CALLED.

So God comforted Abraham in having done the right thing by listening to Sarah and throwing out Ishamel for his mocking. We see in the next verse that God doesn't even recognize Ishmael as a son of Abraham:

Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, THINE ONLY [SON] ISAAC, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Most of us are familiar with this story about how God tried Abraham's faith so I won't detail it here. http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=22&v=1&t=KJV#top But what can we further learn about the seed of Ishmael?
Going back to chapter 16:

Genesis 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou [art] with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. 12 And HE WILL BE A WILD MAN; HIS HAND [WILL BE] AGAINST EVERY MAN, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

And so it has been with the seed of Ishmael - particularly over the last 1400 years - with the Islamic "dar el salaam" conquest of the "dar el harb".

If you are a Muslim you are in the dar el salaam, or house of peace.
But if you are a non-Muslim, you are in the dar el harb, or house of war.

As a non-Muslim in the dar el harb, you may not consider yourself to be at war against Islam, but Islam has been at war against you for 1400 years.

Sura 8:12 I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them

Surah 9.29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. 30 The JEWS call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the CHRISTIANS call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. ALLAH'S CURSE BE ON THEM: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

Rest assured. God's people have followed Him for 3500 years, through two covenants, as revealed through ALL of the inspired prophets and "messengers" of His 1600 year record.

It's utterly preposterous to suggest that 700 years after that record was closed, God would send A SINGLE messenger, who WAS and TAUGHT the PERFECT OPPOSITE of Jesus Christ, to produce a 23 year record, opposed to the Word of God.

Indeed we are warned:
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.   
But Mohammed even came as a ravening wolf through imperialistic murder and theft.

A "prophet" whose followers must necessarily reject the 1600 year record that God gave mankind, in order to follow the 23 year, 7th century record of Mohammed.
With modern day claims of corruption of God's Word even going against their own book:

Sura 5:47 LET THE PEOPLE OF THE GOSPEL JUDGE BY WHAT ALLAH HATH REVEALED THEREIN. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

5:68 Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye STAND FAST BY THE LAW, THE GOSPEL, and ALL THE REVELATION that has come to you FROM YOUR LORD."

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us A SON IS GIVEN: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and HIS NAME shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Sura 4:136 O ye who believe! BELIEVE IN Allah and His Messenger, and the scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and THE SCRIPTURE WHICH HE SENT to those BEFORE (him).

Psalms 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Matthew 27:35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

... ANY WHO DENIETH Allah, His angels, HIS BOOKS, HIS MESSENGERS, and the Day of Judgment, HATH GONE FAR, FAR ASTRAY.

Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Galatians 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten [son],

1John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The same Koine Greek word diatheke is translated as "testament" 13 times and "covenant" 20 times.

testament
New Testament Greek Definition:
1242 diatheke {dee-ath-ay'-kay}
from 1303; TDNT - 2:106,157; n f
AV - covenant 20, testament 13; 33
1) a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to
be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly
possessions after his death, a testament or will
2) a compact, a covenant, a testament
2a) God's covenant with Noah, etc.

Peter

• Administrator