Author Topic: Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing...  (Read 5564 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them.

Believe it or not there is actually no shortage of bible-ignorant Muslims, deceived by Greek sophist styled entertainers like Ahmed Deedat (who even made up his own phony bible verse to deceive his adoring fans) that suggest that their proof-texting of the verse above constitutes a "bible test", and that every Christian should feel compelled to drink poison and handle snakes to confirm that they are truly saved. This is of course a preposterous notion to Spirit filled Christians, and blessedly as the Lord would have it, any Muslim that has actually bothered to explore this passage has also found a very serious wake-up call just two verses before the subject verse! Let's turn to the passage.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;  18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

To a literate person it says IF they drink any deadly thing. Does it say that a Christian must necessarily do a single one of those things? No again. Indeed scripture warns not to tempt or dare God.

Deuteronomy 6:16 Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted [him] in Massah.
Luke 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

That verse from Luke also includes a declaration of divinity by Jesus.

Let's look at a practical application of drinking poison. This young exMuslim convert to Christianity's own father tried to murder him for being an "apostate", and handed him poison to drink. He drank it but it didn't affect him. That is a proper context of, and fulfillment of, these verses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtsZm3_754

Acts 28:1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita.   2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold.   3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid [them] on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.   4 And when the barbarians saw the [venomous] beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.   5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.   6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

If a Christian had consumed a deadly poison like botulism, and it didn't harm them, how would they even know they consumed it? Muhammad's YouTube followers are driven by Satan in transparently failed efforts to accuse Christians in their cacophony of blasphemy, while working so hard to MISunderstand Scripture.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

But Christians can rest easy and assured, in knowing that such antichrist blasphemy is just more fulfillment of prophecy.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.    2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,    3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good...

Additionally, each Christian is called individually by the Holy Spirit to fill their unique role.

Let's investigate another passage where some of those things are mentioned that helps clarify this subject:

1 Corinthians 12:1-10 Now concerning spiritual [gifts], brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 4  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6  And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

So we can see that each Christian is called by the Spirit and may be given a gift, or gifts, individually.
I praise the Lord for calling me to 1.5 billion souls, filled with the spirit of antichrist, through the false prophet Mohammed.
Here's A REAL bible "test"

1 John 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].

Some like these country based Christians actually do feel called to handle snakes and drink strychnine. Look at the sweet little old lady snake-handling at the end of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhvOeNCKhs

11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.    12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ.    13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.    14  For the body is not one member, but many.    15  If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?    16  And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?    17  If the whole body [were] an eye, where [were] the hearing? If the whole [were] hearing, where [were] the smelling?    18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.    19  And if they were all one member, where [were] the body?    20  But now [are they] many members, yet but one body.    21  And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.    22  Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:    23 And those [members] of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely [parts] have more abundant comeliness.    24  For our comely [parts] have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that [part] which lacked:    25  That there should be no schism in the body; but [that] the members should have the same care one for another.    26  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.    27  Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.    28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.    29  [Are] all apostles? [are] all prophets? [are] all teachers? [are] all workers of miracles?    30  Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?    31  But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
How did Muhammad make out in regard to eating poison?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YNFNJXhgb4

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith.php?keyword=poison&book=&translator=1&search=1&search_word=all&start=10&records_display=10

Muhammad said that if he wasn't a real prophet then surely the artery to his heart would be cut.

Sura 69.40 That this is verily the word of an honoured apostle; 41 It is not the word of a poet: little it is ye believe! 42 Nor is it the word of a soothsayer: little admonition it is ye receive. 43 (This is) a Message sent down from the Lord of the Worlds. 44 And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name,    45 We should certainly seize him by his right hand, 46 And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart:

(6) Narrated Ibn Abbas: 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to let Ibn Abbas sit beside him, so 'AbdurRahman bin 'Auf said to 'Umar, "We have sons similar to him." 'Umar replied, "(I respect him) because of his status that you know." 'Umar then asked Ibn 'Abbas about the meaning of this Holy Verse:-- "When comes the help of Allah and the conquest of Mecca . . ." (110.1) Ibn 'Abbas replied, "That indicated the death of Allah's Apostle which Allah informed him of." 'Umar said, "I do not understand of it except what you understand." Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O 'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison." (Book #59, Hadith #713)

Isn't that funny??!! He failed his own test of prophethood!

(2) Narrated Anas bin Malik: A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle .  (Book #47, Hadith #786)

(5) Narrated Abu Huraira: When Khaibar was conquered, a (cooked) sheep containing poison, was given as a present to Allah's Apostle  (Book #59, Hadith #551)

(14) Narrated Abu Huraira: When Khaibar was conquered, Allah's Apostle was presented with a poisoned (roasted) sheep. Allah's Apostle said, "Collect for me all the Jews present in this area." (When they were gathered) Allah's Apostle said to them, "I am going to ask you about something; will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes, O Abal-Qasim!" Allah's Apostle said to them, "Who is your father?" They said, "Our father is so-and-so." Allah's Apostle said, "You have told a lie. for your father is so-and-so," They said, "No doubt, you have said the truth and done the correct thing." He again said to them, "If I ask you about something; will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes, O Abal-Qasim! And if we should tell a lie you will know it as you have known it regarding our father," Allah's Apostle then asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They replied, "We will remain in the (Hell) Fire for a while and then you (Muslims) will replace us in it" Allah's Apostle said to them. ''You will abide in it with ignominy. By Allah, we shall never replace you in it at all." Then he asked them again, "If I ask you something, will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes." He asked. "Have you put the poison in this roasted sheep?" They replied, "Yes," He asked, "What made you do that?" They replied, "We intended to learn if you were a liar in which case we would be relieved from you, and if you were a prophet then it would not harm you."  (Book #71, Hadith #669)

I guess they got the answer to their poison test!

(1) anas reported that a Jewess came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with poisoned mutton and he took of that what had been brought to him (Allah's Messenger). (When the effect of this poison were felt by him) he called for her and asked her about that, whereupon she said: I had determined to kill you. Thereupon he said: Allah will never give you the power to do it. He (the narrator) said that they (the Companion's of the Holy Prophet) said: Should we not kill her? Thereupon he said: No. He (anas) said: I felt (the affects of this poison) on the uvula of Aitah's Messenger.  (Book #026, Hadith #5430) (Muslim)

The self-described "prophet" claimed his alter-ego "Allah" would never give her the power to kill him! But their own books reveal what a foolish claim that was.

But what about the apostle Paul that Muhammad's followers like to vilify?

Acts 28:3 But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and laid them on the fire,
a viper came out because of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
28:4 When the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand,
they said one to another, "No doubt this man is a murderer, whom,
though he has escaped from the sea, yet Justice has not allowed to live."
28:5 However he shook off the creature into the fire, and wasn't harmed.
28:6 But they expected that he would have swollen or fallen down dead suddenly,
but when they watched for a long time and saw nothing bad happen to him,
they changed their minds, and said that he was a god. 

So what about a young Christian convert in Africa whose own father put him to the test? (6:30 minute mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YNFNJXhgb4&feature=channel_video_title