Author Topic: Is Jesus God?  (Read 2824 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Is Jesus God?
« on: January 18, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »
According to Jesus own declaration:

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:

God's name is "I AM" so we can see Jesus declaration of divinity and it so enraging the Pharisees that they wanted to stone Him. Eventually crucified Him for it.

Exd 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, [when] I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What [is] his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Particularly since He declares His coexistence with God from before Abraham.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Here's another declaration of divinity:

John 10:30 I and [my] Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Again the declaration of divinity and again those Pharisees before Him sought to stone Him. Jesus is the Son of God. That's why they crucified Him:

John 19:7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

Jesus is our path to, or the way we can find, God.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

In the larger context:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

And again:

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Here is another declaration of divinity:

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

And another:

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth. 25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am [he]. 27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

That bracketed translator word "[he]" I don't believe is a help at all, in this passage. This passage is explored in more detail with the Greek/English Textus Receptus interlinear here:
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=108.0

Additional scriptural evidence of Jesus' coexistence with God the Father:

2Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Hebrews 9:26  For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Revelation 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=54.0

1 Peter 1:19  But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:  20  Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Genesis 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Mujaheed

• View Profile
Re: Is Jesus God?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »
According to Jesus own declaration:

NOT A SINGLE VERSE SAYS< I JESUS IS GOD WORSHIP ME< WHY THE VAGUE STATEMENTS AND VEILED REFERENCES, IS GOD NOT DIRECT AND MAKES THINGS CLEAR AS TO WHO HE IS?

Now Quote ALL THE VERSES WHERE JESUS SAYS HE IS A MAN AND WE CAN COMPARE THE TWO LISTS.

BY THE WAY:
If as you state GOD's name is "I AM" The sentence reads before ABRAHAM< GOD (I AM) IT DOES NOT SAY BEFORE ABRAHAM ME JESUS AND I AM I AM ????? can you read a sentence coherently and truthfully? HE IS MISSING ONE I AM.

THE SONS OF GOD ARE ALL THE PROPHETS IT IS THE LANGUAGE OF THE BIBLE
LIST ALL THE REFERENCES TO SON OF GOD< FROM ENOCH WAS THE SON OF GOD,
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SAY UPPER CASE LOWER CASE IT DOES"NT EXIST IN ARAMAIC OR HEBREW>

I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE< SO THEY STONED GOD? HOW PERPOSTEROUS< STONING GOD THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE? It means that the creator has sent him with a message and he is at peace one with the Creator, In marriage sermon, let no man separate what GOD has Joined is the husband now joined physically or metaphorically? GET A GRIP IT IS A DECLARATION OF PROPHETHOOD>

I AM (al-THE Ielaah-GOD) ALLAH two words?

Who Were The Sons Of God From Genesis 6:2?

“The Sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.” Genesis 6:2 (NIV)

Some people think the “Sons of God” mentioned in the Bible are fallen angels that married human women producing a cross breed called the Nephilim. Others think that the sons of God are men from the godly line of Seth who sinned by marrying ungodly women from the line of Cain.

I've listed several verses from the Bible that refer to the “Sons of God”:

1.“Now there was a day when the Sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.” Job 1:6 (KJV).

2.“Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD” Job 2:1(KJV).

3.“When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?” Job 38:7 (KJV).

4.“For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?” Psalm 89:6 (KJV).

Another verse, which can be found in Daniel 3:25, specifically mentions the Son of God, but I believe that the passage is clearly referring to the Messiah. On can hardly equate the sons of God with the Son of God—Jesus.

In the New Testament, the Sons of God are alluded to in a few verses. Two of them are:

1.Jude 6, “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.” (KJV)

2. Second Peter 2:4, “For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;” (KJV)

Angels, according to the Bible, are “messengers” of God, and protectors of Israel and God’s children. They were created by God and they are notably strong and very wise. Given all of the above, one could say that the sons of God are angels. However, in light of the verses that I will list below—well, I’ll wait a bit to state the obvious. The verses are:

1. Second Samuel 14:20, “To fetch about this form of speech hath thy servant Joab done this thing: and my lord is wise, according to the wisdom of an angel of God, to know all things that are in the earth.”

2. Psalm 103:20, “Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.”

3. Psalm 104:4, “Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:”

I’m only going to list one out of a multitude of verses in the book of Genesis alone that refer to angels because only one is necessary:

“And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.” Genesis 16:9 (KJV) [Underlining, mine.]

There are people out there that will disagree with my conclusion, but that's okay—we'll just have to agree to disagree. :) To me, it's clear from the verse above that the “sons of God” mentioned in Genesis 6:2 are from the line of Seth. Since Moses wrote the first five books in the O.T., in light of Genesis 16:9 –as well as a multitude of verses that Moses himself wrote—that he knew the difference between sons of God and angels.

Because Moses used the term “angel” when he was referring to an angel, and referred to God-fearing people when he used the term “sons of God”, I believe that it's a complete waste of one’s time to question whether Moses meant “angels” when he used the term, “sons of God” in Genesis 6:2.

Had Moses meant to use the term “angel” for “sons of God” the passage would have read, “… the angels saw that the daughters of men were beautiful…” But he didn’t. He used the term sons of God to describe God-fearing men.

Here are a couple of other verses that refer to the sons of God: “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,” the apostle Paul stated in Galatians 3:26 (NIV). And in Hebrews 12:7, he said, “Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?”

Three that bear the