Author Topic: Why did Jesus speak in parables?  (Read 4149 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Why did Jesus speak in parables?
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
Muslims put a tremendous amount of effort into MISunderstanding the 1600 year record of YHWH to mankind in order to be able to follow Muhammad's stand-alone, heavily abrogated, 23 year 7th century record. Chats generally demonstrate that they think that Scripture should somehow be as easy to read and understand as books written for children. Even that a verse completely removed from it's context should be able to create a whole doctrine or act as a lone stand-in for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. While we are to approach the Scriptures with eyes and ears as open as a child's, nobody can expect to gain a good understanding of the things of the Spirit of God, until one is OF the Spirit of God.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

Jesus spoke in parables for the same reason.

Mark 4:9 And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. 11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all [these] things are done in parables: 12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and [their] sins should be forgiven them.

As you move through the examples presented in this forum category you will be able to witness the stunning blindness that Mohammed's followers suffer. Ironically, some of the very same verses, that they remove from context to falsely accuse Jesus, are found in passages that condemn the very behavior they are engaging in!

Don't be discouraged from getting started by the difficulties detailed above as you have but to

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Just as millions of your former fellow Muslims have.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Muslims4Jesus?blend=2&ob=1