Author Topic: The seed of Ishmael proves Mohammed in prophecy  (Read 6426 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
The seed of Ishmael proves Mohammed in prophecy
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »
Gen 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, [and] with his seed after him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oU32h2HgA4
There are some claims made by Muslims regarding Mohammed in Deuteronomy, but Jews and Christians understand that passage as one of the clearest Messianic prophecies in the Old Testament. Explored here:
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=219.0

"2) That he will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites."

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require [it] of him.

That Messianic prophecy was of course fulfilled in Jesus Christ:

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Ishmael was the  son of Abraham, from his wife Sarah's handmaiden, Hagar. In Abraham's day, carrying on a man's name, or lineage, was so important, that if a wife was barren, it wasn't unusual for the husband to have a child by the wife's handmaiden, to be raised as the son of the husband and wife.

Sarah encouraged Abraham to have a son with her handmaid Hagar because Sarah thought herself to be barren because of her advanced age. Later on the Lord did allow Sarah to bear a son for Abraham, named Isaac.

Gen 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

That's why the land belongs to the Jews: http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=494.0

Genesis 17:7  And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Then:

Gen 21:8 And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the [same] day that Isaac was weaned. 9 And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. 10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, [even] with Isaac.

Abraham not only sent Hagar away, but also Ishmael, thereby DISOWNING him.

Genesis 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Note that God does not recognize Ishmael in the following verse, even though Hagar, Sarah's handmaiden, had Ishmael, before Abraham's wife Sarah, had Isaac:

Gen 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only [son] Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

What else can we learn about Ishmael?

Genesis 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou [art] with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. 12 And he will be a wild man; his hand [will be] against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

And so it has conspicuously been with the seed of Abraham's abandoned son Ishmael. Their hand against every man. For the last 1400 years, against every non-Muslim. The dar el salaam conquest of the dar el harb.

From the bloody rape, pillage and plunder of the imperialistic conquest of nearly the whole known world, of the Islamic First Jihad, to the over 13,000 deadly Islamic terror attacks around the world, just since 9-11.
Please visit: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com

Muslims go on to correctly claim that in the seed of Abraham all nations of the earth will be blessed:

Genesis 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

That obedience was expressed when God asked Abraham to take Isaac up onto a mount to sacrifice him, and Abraham was willing to do so, simply because his faith was so great. But the Lord spared Isaac and Abraham sacrificed a ram instead.

The fruit of Islam should dispel any such notion that the blessing of the Lord is in the seed of Ishmael, but let's explore it through scripture.

Once again, just like in part 1, we find that claim of being called in Ishmael is the direct opposite of the actual case:

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten [son],

Romams 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, [are they] all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Galatians 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he [who was] of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman [was] by promise.

Hebrews 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as [in] a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Indeed Mohammed was, and taught, the direct opposite of Jesus Christ.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oU32h2HgA4

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: The seed of Ishmael proves Mohammed in prophecy
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:15:25 AM »
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad/ishmael.htm

" Mohammed's family is not connected to any Ishmaelite tribe because Mohammed's family didn't leave Yemen until the 5th  century A.D., and that's about  1,100 years  after the Ishmaelites disappeared. Mohammed's tribe could not have lived in the same locations as the Ishmaelite tribes at any time throughout history.

The genealogy fabricated by Ibn-Ishak contradicts the sayings of Mohammed, who expressed his ignorance about his ancestors prior to his 17th ancestor.

Ibn Ishak was considered by the Muslim scholars of his time as being guilty of forgery and fabricating false genealogies.[1]

Long before Ibn Ishak, Muslims who lived in Mohammed's own time also fabricated genealogies in an attempt to connect Mohammed to the descendants of Ishmael.  Mohammed, himself, rejected all of these false genealogies, and he put limits regarding the genealogy of his ancestors. Regarding Mohammed's own rejection of the false genealogies, Amru bin al-As wrote:

Mohammed genealogized himself regarding his ancestors until he reached al-Nather bin Kinaneh, then he said, "anyone who claimed otherwise or added further ancestors, has lied."[2][ii]

By this, Mohammed confessed that neither he, nor anyone else, knew about his ancestors beyond al-Nather bin Kinaneh. Nather bin Kinaneh is the 17th ancestor in the genealogy which Mohammed recognized as true. Other narrations of the customs, or sayings, of Mohammed, called Hadiths, show Mohammed refused to be genealogized prior to Maad,  ???who some suggested, was the 4th ancestor prior to al-Nather bin Kinaneh.[3][iii]"