Author Topic: Luke 3:38 says that Adam was the son of God too  (Read 3882 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Luke 3:38 says that Adam was the son of God too
« on: March 06, 2009, 09:16:32 AM »
YouTube uploaded Greek sophist styled entertainers like Yusuf Estes have suggested, that the bible teaches that Adam had the same status in regard to being the Son of God that Jesus did. This Estes video in particular is invariably uploaded by YouTube cowards who censor comments on their videos.

Estes claims to be a Greek language student, but apparently never looked at the Koine Greek for this verse, that he even teaches on, in order to blaspheme God's Word. However a look at the Koine Greek exposes his false claim.

This passage includes a lengthy lineage that begins in verse 23:
http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Luk&c=3&v=38&t=KJV#23

Luk 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was [the son] of Heli, 24 Which was [the son] of Matthat, which was [the son] of Levi, which was [the son] of Melchi, which was [the son] of Janna, which was [the son] of Joseph,

Christians and Muslims both know that Jesus was only Joseph's son in the adoptive sense because Joseph was the husband of Jesus' mother Mary. When they say (as was supposed) refers to the outward appearance of their relationship, to those that didn't know about how Jesus was conceived by Mary.
However Christians and Muslims both believe that Jesus was the only person in human history to be conceived by a virgin, by the will of God.

So that should give us a sense of how the term "son" is used in this passage.
After many "which was [the son] of" it concludes in verse 38 with:

Luk 3:38 Which was [the son] of Enos, which was [the son] of Seth, which was [the son] of Adam, which was [the son] of God.

The King James translators sometimes included what they thought might be helper words, in brackets. In this case they stretch from all the way back to verse 23, but unfortunately they also included the same "helper" at the end of the verse in regard to God and Adam. To unregenerates that don't understand that Jesus is how God revealed Himself to us, this could seem to indicate that Adam was [the son] of God. I only say unfortunate because it could only be misunderstood by those that don't understand the things of the Spirit of God, and some like Estes that actually seize on it as an ill conceived "opportunity" to falsely accuse and blaspheme the Word of God.

But how does this verse read in the Koine Greek / English interlinear?
We see the bracketed KJV "helper" words [the son] were added by the translators, and do not exist in the Koine Greek:

Luke 3:38  tou  <3588>  enwV  <1800>  tou  <3588> {OF ENOS,}  shq  <4589>  tou  <3588> {OF SETH,}  adam  <76>  tou  <3588> {OF ADAM,}  qeou  <2316> {OF GOD.}

There is no reference to Adam being any kind of "son" of God.
Adam was indeed of God. God made him from the dust of the ground.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Adam could only be imagined to be a son of God, before his fall, in the generic sense, as all regenerate individuals are.
But NOT in the sense of THE ONLY begotten Son of God - conceived by a virgin by the will of God - Jesus Christ.

Footnote:

Estes claims to be a converted Christian pastor, but by his own admission he was never Christian, freely admitting in his testimony that when he and his father were in "Christian" ministry they put money before ministry.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Plus it is impossible for a true Christian to become a Muslim:

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and FALSE PROPHETS shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, IF [IT WERE] POSSIBLE, even the elect.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Luke 3:38 says that Adam was the son of God too
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »
bump

MTLbobiras

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »
Hi Peter:

I don't see this "Yusuf Estes" as a  Greek sophist styled entertainer, I would say he classifies more of a sell out to Christ and of himself by taking up ISLAM as true faith.
It is very hard for me to fathom how blind some of these people are and they can not see the truth in Christ.
I am not sure how these muslims mange to convert people. I would think they look for weakness, people going threw turbulance and are of not a sound mind, Insecure about Christ because they have unrealistic expectations, or plain naive....However for me it is a sad site to see people getting snared in by the wolf.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
Hi MTL and welcome to the forum! :)

Hi Peter:I don't see this "Yusuf Estes" as a  Greek sophist styled entertainer, I would say he classifies more of a sell out to Christ and of himself by taking up ISLAM as true faith.

I labeled him that because his time is spent entertaining his bible-ignorant through speeches that tickle their ears with his lies as they applaud their way all the way to hell.
He may not be considered a sell-out to Christ since he was by all appearances never OF the Spirit of God. In his personal testimony he claims that he and his father were Christian pastors, but then goes on to say that the money was what was important to them. Another reason I don't believe he was elect is.

Mat 24:24    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Seems it's not possible for a true Christian to be deceived by a false prophet. Much less one that conducted himself as a murdering, prisoner raping, thief.

It is very hard for me to fathom how blind some of these people are and they can not see the truth in Christ.

It is hard to fathom sometimes but it boils down the fact that one has to be OF the Spirit of God before one can understand the things of the Spirit of God.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

I am not sure how these muslims mange to convert people. I would think they look for weakness, people going threw turbulance and are of not a sound mind, .......

That's why Islam thrives in third world countries and prisons. 3/4 of so-called converts in the U.S. leave Mohammed's religion within a few years.
....... Insecure about Christ because they have unrealistic expectations, or plain naive....However for me it is a sad site to see people getting snared in by the wolf.

Again, welcome to the forum brother.