Author Topic: The Term Begotten as Used for The Son of God  (Read 2912 times)

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
The Term Begotten as Used for The Son of God
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:24:18 AM »
If you have been the victim of Islam's Greek sophist styled entertainers and antichrists like Ahmed Deedat, and have heard such foolishness as the term "begotten" was added to scripture and has been thrown out, please visit the following link to the thread on that subject and the 49 times the term is used in the KJV:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=227.0

Some Muslim liars and proclaim that Christians believe that God had to have carnal sexual relations with Mary to be the Father of Jesus, not only because they are blasphemers, but because Muhammad compels them to deny that God has a Son, in spite of over a hundred verses that indicate otherwise.
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/jesus_the_son_of_god.htm

The scriptures proclaim that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, in one of the most blessed and widely quoted verses, in the Gospel:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Let's check Strong's on the term:

him that begat
New Testament Greek Definition:
1080 gennao {ghen-nah'-o}
from a variation of 1085; TDNT - 1:665,114; v
AV - begat 49, be born 39, bear 2, gender 2, bring forth 1,
be delivered 1, misc 3; 97
1) of men who fathered children
1a) to be born
1b) to be begotten
1b1) of women giving birth to children
2) metaph.
2a) to engender, cause to arise, excite
2b) in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his
way of life, to convert someone
2c) of God making Christ his son
2d) of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work

Did God cause Jesus to arise - to be made manifest to mankind - or not? Did God have to have sex with Mary to make the rest of those of us that are His sons? Even Muhammad's followers believe that Mary conceived Jesus, through the direct will of God, yet nonsensically then deny that Jesus is the Son of God because of Muhammad's superstitions.

The reason Muslims have to make their preposterous claim, and deny the obvious use of the term begotten, is because the Quran is the blasphemous opposite of the bible when it matters:

Sura 19:88 They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!" 89 Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!

Surah 112:2 Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; 3 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

Consider the term begat from a dictionary:

1. To father; sire.
2. To cause to exist or occur; produce: Violence begets more violence.

Does violence have to have sex with violence to beget more violence?

If God didn't beget Jesus, then who is responsible for Jesus being made manifest on earth? How did Mary conceive Jesus, by herself? How did Mary become pregnant with Jesus Christ?

Muslims believe Jesus was uniquely created by God in the Virgin Mary, yet have to deny it at the same time claiming that God didn't cause Jesus to be put in Mary.

If God put Jesus in Mary by saying "be" and she conceived Jesus, then how did God not cause Jesus to be manifest on earth?
Then who would be Jesus' Father? Jesus tells us God is His Father in maybe 1/3 of the 234 verses that declare God to be the Father.
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/god_the_father.htm
If God is Jesus Father, then isn't Jesus God's Son? Over 100 verses declare Jesus to be the Son of God:
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/jesus.htm

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Old Testament prophecy:

Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

That prophecy referenced in the New Testament:

Act 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Jhn 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Jhn 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hbr 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hbr 5:5  So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1Jo 5:18  We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.