Author Topic: Catholic Concerns - by former nun Mary Ann Collins  (Read 8164 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Catholic Concerns - by former nun Mary Ann Collins
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »
Online book:

Catholic Concerns - Mary Ann Collins
Table of Contents and path to the PDF http://petewaldo.com/catholic_concerns.htm

Appendix A
For Catholics

If you are from a Catholic background, what you were taught about Catholicism probably
doesn't show the whole picture. This book will introduce you to another side of Rome
that you need to be aware of in order to be well informed.

The truth can stand up to the test of history, Scripture, and being questioned. If
what you were taught about Catholicism is true, then nothing in this book will shake it.

The truth can stand on its own. That is because Jesus Christ is Truth Incarnate. He
said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6) And Jesus promised that the Holy
Spirit would guide us into all truth. (John 16:13)

I started out as a secular humanist. (You can read about it in my Testimony.) My
first prayer was, "God, if You're out there, show me." And He did. (It was a gradual
process.) Because of that, I'm confident that God will reveal Himself, and His truth, to
any person who really wants to understand.

I am asking God to show both you and me what is true and what is not true. We
all need that-all the time.

God is powerful enough to open our eyes when they need to be opened. And He is
loving enough to want to do it. The crucial question is, what is more important to us-the
truth, or staying in our comfort zone? If we really want the truth, then God will show it to
us.

I encourage you to check out my sources for yourself and come to your own
conclusions. That is because you and I are responsible for our own lives. We need to base
our decisions on our own personal convictions, and not on what somebody else tells us.

Some day, you and I will stand before God, and our works will be tested by fire.
The Bible says:

"Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it,
because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work
of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon,
he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall
suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." (1 Corinthians
3:13-15)

When you and I stand before God, we will not be able to give excuses based on
what somebody else told us. God expects us to test everything. The Bible says:
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

According to Strong's Concordance, the word "prove" means "to test." We have
to test everything ourselves. We cannot depend on "experts" to do it for us. And we
cannot hide behind "experts" when we stand before God.

As you read this book-or any other book-I encourage you to ask God to give
you His perspective about the things that you are reading. We all need to habitually seek
God for His wisdom and guidance.

The Bible promises that if we really want wisdom, and we ask God for it, then He
will give it to us. The Apostle James says:

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men
liberally, and upbraideth not: and it shall be given him." (James 1:5)

So as you read, please ask God to give you wisdom, and to reveal His truth to
you. And ask Him to reveal Himself to you, to help you understand His nature and His
character.

May the Lord lead us all into a greater understanding of His truth.

PATRIOT

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Concerns - by former nun Mary Ann Collins
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
Mary Ann Collins' story is so very painfully stated by her!  I don't think Roman Catholics quite understand how very difficult it is for an ex-Catholic to expose the truth!

I was a Catholic, and, although not a good Catholic, for I could never subscribe to so many of the things that were so very revolting to me, even as a young girl.  I never had, nor could ever stand to have the "worship" for Mary, nor statues around.  I called myself a "smorgasbord Catholic," as I know many to be although, "steadfastly," remaining in it!!

It wasn't UNTIL I actually read the New Testament, in its entirety, that my eyebrows were raised.  I, in truth, couldn't quite assimilate it the first time I read it, and did so, again, for so many were the contradictions with what I had "known" through the Catholic Church's teachings!

At this very time, it happened I watched a documentary on the life of Martin Luther.  One statement stayed with me from which I understood that NEVER had he read the Bible!!  It was only when he was ordered to teach some course, he thought he should know about what he was speaking,... and actually read the Bible!

I was dumbfounded!!  HOW COULD IT BE??  Did not the Holy Book sit atop the altar from which the priests read here and there?!!!! 

It was then that I was sure, neither had the pope, at the time, John Paul II, ever read the Bible!  ONE COULD NOT POSSIBLY DO SO,... AND REMAIN IN SUCH A COVEN OF DEMONS!!

The anger I felt for having been deceived for so long has not as yet subsided, although it has been almost 10 years!  BUT, WHOM COULD I BLAME BUT JUST ME, FOR NEVER EVER EVEN CONSIDERING READING THE WORD OF GOD?!! 

My heart breaks for the many, I know, such as family and friends, who are in it, innocently, just for believing the devil in disguise which is the Roman Catholic Church AND THE LIES IT DISSEMINATES!!

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:06:17 AM »
Mary Ann Collins' story is so very painfully stated by her!  I don't think Roman Catholics quite understand how very difficult it is for an ex-Catholic to expose the truth!

Indeed. The bondage is tremendous. Charles Chiniquy was revolted by several things he was asked to do even early on, as a priest (particularly auricular confession), yet it took him 25 years to overcome that bondage.

That is the best I've read by x-clergy so far. Free online too. http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=426.0

I was a Catholic, and, although not a good Catholic, for I could never subscribe to so many of the things that were so very revolting to me, even as a young girl.  I never had, nor could ever stand to have the "worship" for Mary, nor statues around.  I called myself a "smorgasbord Catholic," as I know many to be although, "steadfastly," remaining in it!!

It wasn't UNTIL I actually read the New Testament, in its entirety, that my eyebrows were raised.  I, in truth, couldn't quite assimilate it the first time I read it, and did so, again, for so many were the contradictions with what I had "known" through the Catholic Church's teachings!

This happened to me to a lesser extent when I started writing about futurist doctrine. I indoctrinated myself into futurist doctrine for about 10 or 12 years through Jack Van Impe tapes and books, though I didn't become a Christian until toward the end of that period. Just as I determined to memorize his Revelation series, the Lord led me out of Darby's mid-19th century, 7-year tribulation / pre-trib rapture doctrine that Van Impe holds along with most of the 80 million evangelicals in the U.S. alone.
The more time I spent exploring it in hindsight, in Christian chat forums and such, the more I realized the easiest way to see through it, is through the "temple of God": http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=103.0
The church is in a stunning position when it comes to eschatology: http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=446.0

I can see your eyes are open. I believe this may be a special blessing for those of us that have overcome a doctrine. The best place to learn about the Roman Church is X-Catholics/Clergy, Islam, X-Muslims/Imams, X-Mormons, X-Jehova's etc. I don't doubt about Scientology, from X-scientologists. There is a good reason that these are the most vilified, by those that remain in bondage.

I guess that is what all the "overcommeth"ing is about in the 2nd and 3rd chapters of Revelation. Overcoming Satan and unsound doctrine, as he is the author of it.
Nicolaitionism (victory over the people/laity) being practiced acutely in the Roman Church. One of a few things God expresses a personal hatred for.

At this very time, it happened I watched a documentary on the life of Martin Luther.  One statement stayed with me from which I understood that NEVER had he read the Bible!!  It was only when he was ordered to teach some course, he thought he should know about what he was speaking,... and actually read the Bible!

I was dumbfounded!!  HOW COULD IT BE??  Did not the Holy Book sit atop the altar from which the priests read here and there?!!!!  

The vast majority of Muslims are saved by simply reading - often just a little - scripture.
For Muslims that may be lurking here, an intro to the Gospel from the same version that Deedat used can be accessed here:
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/gospel_of_john.htm

It was then that I was sure, neither had the pope, at the time, John Paul II, ever read the Bible!  ONE COULD NOT POSSIBLY DO SO,... AND REMAIN IN SUCH A COVEN OF DEMONS!!

The anger I felt for having been deceived for so long has not as yet subsided, although it has been almost 10 years!  BUT, WHOM COULD I BLAME BUT JUST ME, FOR NEVER EVER EVEN CONSIDERING READING THE WORD OF GOD?!!  

My heart breaks for the many, I know, such as family and friends, who are in it, innocently, just for believing the devil in disguise which is the Roman Catholic Church AND THE LIES IT DISSEMINATES!!

Sadly, my wife still suffers the bondage, even though she only attends a pseudo-Roman church now (Angilcan Catholic). The parts she likes are #1 the Eucharist, the robes, incense, etc.
We can't even talk about Jesus, or Islam, or anything spiritual. Her fear is so great, and insecurity in the Lord so pronounced, that her eyes just glaze over when I try. This comes from believing that God is assigned to us by men, as men usurp the role of Jesus Christ, not only in the Roman Church, but in the protestant church as well.
A great read on this subject is "Pagan Christianity" by 100 year old Frank Viola.

Archaeological evidence suggests that in the first century the ecclesia was an every member function. meeting in homes. Communion was a shared meal.
It wasn't about the Greek sophist styled pulpit-pew relationship, introduced into the "church", by Constantine. It wasn't about having some doctrine pounded into believers, but about what you and I are doing here.

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

PATRIOT

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »
INDEED, Pete, that is exactly how it was intended to be, exactly that which you and I are doing, in the simplest of forms, no pomp and circumstance to be had!

Jesus told us to not even bother bringing a change of clothes!!

My heart breaks for you because of your wife!  I will keep her in my prayers!!  May I know her first name?

I raised my son in the Roman Catholic Church.  I went to Catholic school as a child,... and hated it!  Yet, there I had my son going to one through his young years!  He was an altar boy and all!

It really wasn't until his death ten years ago that I became interested in the Bible!  Funny, isn't it, there I had one sitting on the coffee table all along, and never had bothered to open it beyond the selected passages here and there.  It cannot be read like that!!  There is a thread to it!!  Snippets here and there darken and twist the reality, the truth!!

Berean Beacon has sent me some pamphlets that I am tempted to go distribute at a Roman Catholic Church on some Sunday!  It is titled "What every Catholic should know!"

"When you and I stand before God, we will not be able to give excuses based on
“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
109"

(I am not sure I inserted your quote correctly!  The screen keeps jumping!!)

Anyway, it is wearisome to talk to Catholics for the many excuses they give, but, it is also true that the above is true.  They will not have excuses to give when before God, and I shall not have their "blood on my hands!"

Well, I am getting acquainted with this means of communication!!

May God bless you and your wife, profusely!!

Your sister in Christ,

Helga

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »
INDEED, Pete, that is exactly how it was intended to be, exactly that which you and I are doing, in the simplest of forms, no pomp and circumstance to be had!

In the U.S. alone, every year over 18 billion dollars are spent on building and maintaining churches, that could otherwise be feeding the poor, around the world.

Jesus told us to not even bother bringing a change of clothes!!

My heart breaks for you because of your wife!  I will keep her in my prayers!!  May I know her first name?

Thanks Helga.

I raised my son in the Roman Catholic Church.  I went to Catholic school as a child,... and hated it!  Yet, there I had my son going to one through his young years!  He was an altar boy and all!

It really wasn't until his death ten years ago that I became interested in the Bible!  Funny, isn't it, there I had one sitting on the coffee table all along, and never had bothered to open it beyond the selected passages here and there.  It cannot be read like that!!  There is a thread to it!!  Snippets here and there darken and twist the reality, the truth!!

As I have had to scramble for verses on specific subjects to show Muslims, as a result I have done a lot of word searches. As time has passed I have found a lot of benefit in jumping around, particularly by subject.
I think it would be a great way for a Berean spirited study group to do their bible studies too.
Take a subject like "temple of god", for example, where the "man of sin" "sitteth", and expose all the verses that contain that term, and then study each verse in it's context.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=%22temple+of+god%22&t=KJV
 It can be very revealing, and makes things very interesting when I have a purpose, or quest, guiding my study.
In the case of a group it would bring in no shortage of discussion and varying views.

Berean Beacon has sent me some pamphlets that I am tempted to go distribute at a Roman Catholic Church on some Sunday!  It is titled "What every Catholic should know!"

"When you and I stand before God, we will not be able to give excuses based on
“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
109"

(I am not sure I inserted your quote correctly!  The screen keeps jumping!!)

Anyway, it is wearisome to talk to Catholics for the many excuses they give, but, it is also true that the above is true.  They will not have excuses to give when before God,.....

We can pray that their ignorance could help excuse them.
Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.

..... and I shall not have their "blood on my hands!"

Well, I am getting acquainted with this means of communication!!

May God bless you and your wife, profusely!!

Your sister in Christ,

Helga
God bless you too, sis.

PATRIOT

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:43:27 PM »
Oh, Pete, this is a marvelous hope to have!!

"We can pray that their ignorance could help excuse them.
Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression."

But, view "Last Rites" by BereanBeacon which is quite scary!

God bless you!!

Helga

Esteban

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
Mary Ann Collins' story is so very painfully stated by her!  I don't think Roman Catholics quite understand how very difficult it is for an ex-Catholic to expose the truth!

I was a Catholic, and, although not a good Catholic, for I could never subscribe to so many of the things that were so very revolting to me, even as a young girl.  I never had, nor could ever stand to have the "worship" for Mary, nor statues around.  I called myself a "smorgasbord Catholic," as I know many to be although, "steadfastly," remaining in it!!

It wasn't UNTIL I actually read the New Testament, in its entirety, that my eyebrows were raised.  I, in truth, couldn't quite assimilate it the first time I read it, and did so, again, for so many were the contradictions with what I had "known" through the Catholic Church's teachings!

At this very time, it happened I watched a documentary on the life of Martin Luther.  One statement stayed with me from which I understood that NEVER had he read the Bible!!  It was only when he was ordered to teach some course, he thought he should know about what he was speaking,... and actually read the Bible!

I was dumbfounded!!  HOW COULD IT BE??  Did not the Holy Book sit atop the altar from which the priests read here and there?!!!! 

It was then that I was sure, neither had the pope, at the time, John Paul II, ever read the Bible!  ONE COULD NOT POSSIBLY DO SO,... AND REMAIN IN SUCH A COVEN OF DEMONS!!

The anger I felt for having been deceived for so long has not as yet subsided, although it has been almost 10 years!  BUT, WHOM COULD I BLAME BUT JUST ME, FOR NEVER EVER EVEN CONSIDERING READING THE WORD OF GOD?!! 

Hi, Scripture is and has always been read at every Mass. Today's readings were: Job 3:1-3 11-17 and 20-23, Psalm 88:2-8 and Luke 9:51-56.  The whole of the New and much of the Old Testament is read together with Epistles and psalms over each 3 year cycle. Weren't you listening?

amos45

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 09:14:07 PM »

I can support your statement also, as I have a close Catholic friend who regularly reads scripture passages at mass.

Regards,

Amos

Esteban

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »

I can support your statement also, as I have a close Catholic friend who regularly reads scripture passages at mass.

Regards,

Amos

Thanks, Amos. I find so many of the comments on this forum to be similarly and worryingly uninformed about Catholicism when the truth of the matters concerned can so easily be discovered on the net or by simply attending a Mass.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 10:48:18 AM »
Hi, Scripture is and has always been read at every Mass.

1. I am ignorant to Catholic Mass rituals so please forgive this question. Traditionally, what language is the mass in?

2. My grandmother's sister had a similar story to Charles Chiniquy's boyhood story.
She had a bible on a table when a priest dropped by the house to visit. He instructed her not to read the bible - but told her that he would do all the reading of the Bible for her.
Why do you suppose it is that the Roman Church discouraged congregants from reading scripture?