Author Topic: Books everyone should read  (Read 1860 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Books everyone should read
« on: December 05, 2010, 05:25:51 AM »
There are books that have been indespensible to me in my apologetics. Books that build a strong case for the veracity of scripture, faith and God. I will provide a list of those books in the hopes that others might benefit from them

The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel
The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel
The Case for the Real Jesus by Lee Strobel

Each of these books are the result of an athiest turned believer who investigates the case for each of these respective topics.

The Prophet of Doom by Craig Winn

This is the most exhaustive study on the life of Muhammad and the birth of Islam I have ever read.

The Infidel's Guide to the Koran by Robert Spencer
The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) by Robert Spencer
The Truth about Muhammad: The founder of the world's most intolerant religion by Robert Spencer
Religion of Peace?: Why Christianity is and Islam isn't by Robert Spencer

Each of these is a relatively brief but informative treatment of Islam, the Koran, Muhammad and the interaction of these respective objects with the west.

Islam and the Jews by Mark A. Gabriel
Islam and Terrorism by Mark A. Gabriel
Muhammad and Jesus by Mark A. Gabriel

Each of these is written by an ex-muslim who graduated 2nd in his class from Al-Azhar University and details the relationship between the respective subjects mentioned in the titles.
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

MTLbobiras

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
Re: Books everyone should read
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »
I think Bob Spencer is a genius,his arguements aginst ISLAM and Mohammed have been strong and robust, but the muslim community tries to play the game to sweep Bob under the rug, He has great courage to come out directly on public TV and debate these people. I am sure this brave man must get death threats on a daily basis, from hard core muslims.

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Books everyone should read
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »
No doubt he does. You can see the kind of ire Pete and I stir up from internet muslims with our limited scope. Imagine how much more impact someone with Robert Spencer's exposure must have. Not to mention Ravi Zacharias, and the other brave individuals who reach out to the muslim community in such a huge way.
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon