Author Topic: What are the true Commandments that Christ had given?  (Read 3625 times)

AntiMarxist4Life

• View Profile
What are the true Commandments that Christ had given?
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »
Greetings to you all,

I apologize for my long hiatus from this wonderful website and I am glad to be back.

I have some serious questions at hand and I am asking for everyone to set aside their religious dogmas that they hold onto, let us read over what Yushua the Messiah had taught to the multitudes.

As I have been studying The New Testament, I feel that Chapter five is the most overlooked, as I had read throughh it I had noticed that the Commandments that were being taught were revolutionary.

This brought up a serious question, are we still under Mosaic Laws as the Pharisees and Seducees would have us believe, Or are we living under an entirely new set of laws that Yushua the Messiah has set forth for us to live by (with the exemption only being applied to the 10 commandments)??  Please Read the book of Matthew in its entirety, then Please pay close attention to Matthew 5:1 through 7:29 and Mathew 22:1 through 39, pay close attention to chapter 22:35,

Now will you please turn to and read Acts, particularly chapter 15,

Do you see this as well? What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:37:19 AM by AntiMarxist4Life »
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"-Declaration of Independence
YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/AntiMarxist4life

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: What are the true Commandments that Christ had given?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 06:47:37 AM »
My time is a little short lately so rather than delve in proof-texted passages, I'll address the law in this new covenant era, a little more broadly.

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

As Christians we understand...

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

While there is no shortage of folks that believe they are in the kingdom by punching the clock on Sunday morning and then living in, and of, the world the rest of the week, I pray they will be saved through their ignorance.

Romans 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.

An unregenerate person cannot fully understand the things of the Spirit of God.

1Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

While born again faithful believers hearts are just as Jeremiah prophesied they would be during this new covenant era.

Jeremiah 31.31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:   32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: {although...: or, should I have continued an husband unto them?}   33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.   34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

While the law hasn't passed away, neither has mankind's inability to keep, particularly the old covenant law. Especially since I believe I read that something like 1/3 of the old covenant law requires being Jewish, as well as living in, and being served by the temple in, Jerusalem. However, particularly in regard to Gentiles, in this new covenant era it's perhaps best to...

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

For faithful born again believers the law is always present, in us, and with us. It might be viewed something like a hyper-conscience that first and foremost considers the effect, of what we are about to say or do, on others. We don't need a book or someone to tell us what the law contains, once the condition of our heart conforms to the two greatest commandments.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

We have but to...

1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Which describes a 24/7 walk and talk relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, our one mediator since, as with Abraham, we are saved by grace, through faith.

Romans 4.12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which [he had] being [yet] uncircumcised.   13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.   14 For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:   15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.   16 Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Thus, good works are the fruit of salvation, not the path to it. I think that sometimes when Christians search the scriptures for a law to follow, it is because they are convicted by unresolved serial sin issues in their lives that they are failing to resolve, and so instead are trying to be obedient on another level to compensate for their disobedience. Not surprisingly sometimes the very same folks engage in finger-pointing at their brethren, that in their opinion are failing to keep, whatever portion of the law it is they believe they are conforming to.

1 Tim 1.7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.   8 But we know that the law [is] good, if a man use it lawfully;   9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane... 11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Phl 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Is there a reason you chose the Historicist category rather than Judeo/Christian general category for this thread? I can move it as having searched for it a couple times I think it will be easier to find there.