Author Topic: Discussion re: The Love of the One True God as Discovered by Muslims Thread  (Read 5280 times)

annazakiya

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/user/cwar068

Just noticed you have this convert from Islam to atheism listed Peter.

I happened to come across his website a few weeks ago - he lives in my city. I emailed him to tell him about Jesus and Christianity and we have arranged to meet in a few days so we can talk as he is interested to hear what I have to say  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:51:10 PM by Peter »

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Re: The Love of the One True God as Discovered by Muslims
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:25:26 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/cwar068

Just noticed you have this convert from Islam to atheism listed Peter.

I happened to come across his website a few weeks ago - he lives in my city. I emailed him to tell him about Jesus and Christianity and we have arranged to meet in a few days so we can talk as he is interested to hear what I have to say  :)

That is amazing! First if I had noticed the link to an atheist in this section I would have removed it, and second that it resulted in your meeting!
Likely a lot of them use atheism as a stepping stone after overcoming Islam, but it still doesn't fill that hole in their heart. There is a whole forum full of mostly atheist ex-muslims at faithfreedom.org

annazakiya

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »
That is amazing! First if I had noticed the link to an atheist in this section I would have removed it, and second that it resulted in your meeting!
Likely a lot of them use atheism as a stepping stone after overcoming Islam, but it still doesn't fill that hole in their heart. There is a whole forum full of mostly atheist ex-muslims at faithfreedom.org

Yes I think atheism is a stepping stone - a definite step up - the kind of atheism we are talking here really is a different sort than the stock standard indifference kind of atheism.

I am working on a couple of tracts specifically for Muslims and this convert will be the first person I give them to. I have largely based them on some of yours Peter: http://www.islamandthetruth.com/free_tracts.htm. I have used your "Do you love Jesus?" and "Is there a God-sized hole in your heart?" questions as the focus of the tracts.

Anyway, I wondered if you could point me towards any key bible quotes that can answer that second question? Passages that particularly highlight the way Yahushua brings peace, love, fulfilment and completeness to a person's inner being like nothing else can? And passages that talk about how Yahushua lives in the believer, how it is a two-way relationship, that sort of thing.

I just don't have enough bible knowledge yet so it's taking me quite a long time :)

I do have :

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

To me the above verse describes the complete opposite of Allah.

Also "my sheep hear my voice", but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

annazakiya

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:18:18 PM »
Oh another thing, a short time before I became a Christian, I happened to meet a Saudi Muslim reading a book on Christianity - we actually started talking because he asked me if I was a Christian as he wanted to know what "sovereignty" meant. I had to say that I wasn't and that I had no idea what it meant in Christian terms. I am also pretty sure that (sadly) the book he was reading was written by a Muslim. (Not that I have anything against Muslims, but obviously you are not going to learn the truth about Christianity by reading a book written by a follower of a religion that completely denies the pivotal issue of Christianity)

Of course I am kicking myself now and wish I could run into him again but I've since moved to another city :) However, that just shows that Muslims are looking for answers. So Muslims, don't feel alone or guilty about searching for answers - there are many many others that feel just like you.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:19:49 PM by annazakiya »

annazakiya

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 06:46:18 PM »
Anyway, I wondered if you could point me towards any key bible quotes that can answer that second question? Passages that particularly highlight the way Yahushua brings peace, love, fulfilment and completeness to a person's inner being like nothing else can? And passages that talk about how Yahushua lives in the believer, how it is a two-way relationship, that sort of thing.

Actually I just did a search on Blue Letter Bible for "lives in" and that helps :)

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 06:52:56 PM »

I just don't have enough bible knowledge yet so it's taking me quite a long time :)

I don't have a lot of bible knowledge as far as recalling verses and their locations, but I get a lot done with searches in the Blue Letter Bible.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/
I can usually remember a word or two, and if I can remember three it will usually take me straight to the verse. I will add onto this list as things occur to me and resisting can help a lot too, though he has kept a pretty low profile in here lately.
I may be a little nailed down by taxes over the next couple days.

Re Yeshua relationship how about John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jhn&c=14&t=KJV#20

To answer Muhammad's challenge to "call on witnesses" and "produce a sura like it" I like to quote this one.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.   5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.   6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.   7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.   8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.   9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.   10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.   11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

You may want to include more context around these verses.

Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Looks like plenty more in that search of - love - http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?criteria=love&page=6&t=KJV

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

search - with you - http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?criteria=with+you&page=4&sf=5&t=KJV

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »
Sorry for the absence guys I was celebrating an anniversary with some friends out of town and forgot to mention it. That is great news anna. If you have any questions let me know. I will do anything I can to help. I will also message you as soon as I am done with my homework for class this week.
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

annazakiya

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 04:02:09 AM »
Thanks for the help Peter and offer of help resisting... It is good news though we had to postpone our meeting so hopefully I will get to meet him this week instead.

I am almost done with my tracts and am quite happy with them. I thought I would print out a whole heap and keep some on me all the time - in the car etc. then I could give them to Muslims that I see when I am out and about - well women anyway as they are easy to spot with their headscarves etc. I also thought about going to the mosque when the Friday prayers are finished and giving them out when they are getting into their cars out in the street. I wouldn't be so bold as to go onto the mosque as I don't want to anger anyone, but I think on the street is fine, don't you?

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »
I think you should do whatever you are called to do through the Spirit. I can't help guide you there. Focusing on women is perhaps a good idea since they are the victims of Muhammad's men's club.

annazakiya

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »
I think you should do whatever you are called to do through the Spirit. I can't help guide you there. Focusing on women is perhaps a good idea since they are the victims of Muhammad's men's club.

Yes I completely agree.