Author Topic: The Eschatology of Futurism VS the Gospel  (Read 1662 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
The Eschatology of Futurism VS the Gospel
« on: November 15, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »
The old covenant prophet Jeremiah prophesied of a new covenant:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

The following literal verses that confirm the new covenant, are found in literal passages of the New Testament ("diatheke" or new covenant) scriptures, and are not open to interpretation.

The new covenant Jeremiah prophesied is of course confirmed as fulfilled:

Hbr 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Fulfilled through the perfect, complete and finished sacrifice of the sinless Lamb of God.

Jhn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

And thus:

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

So Herod's temple was thrown down every stone, just as Jesus prophesied, further confirming the the ONE way to the Father in this new covenant era.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Through the ONE sacrifice for sins FOREVER:

Hbr 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

I'm not ashamed of the Gospel, are you? Are Jews? Did you ever visit "Jews for Jesus" site?

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Jesus built His temple in three days, just as He prophesied:

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

His people ARE His temple:

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

Fellow citizens with the saints, in the whole household of God, both on this side of the kingdom and the other.

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

That one true tabernacle that the Lord pitched and not man:

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Indeed, God doesn't dwell in temples made with hands:

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

For more on the temple of God you can visit this thread:

The Messiah, Jesus Christ, having built His temple, while ushering in His kingdom in the first century, through His crucifixion, death and resurrection:

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Indeed I will remain humbly honored to be my brother John's companion in the kingdom of Jesus Christ:

Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

A kingdom that is, and will remain, specifically not of this world:

Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The New Testament warns:

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

So for the followers of Darby's doctrine, of which I was once one myself, please consider:

1. Why do you effectively kick Jews out of the new covenant, by expecting a restoration of the old covenant, that waxed away?
2. Why do you suggest that Jesus' ONE sacrifice for sins FOREVER was somehow so insufficient, incomplete and unfinished, that a resumption of animal sacrifices in the future could ever be appropriate or sanctified for any reason?
3. Why do you want to take salvation through the Gospel away from Jews, when it was specifically given to the Jew first?
4. Why do you want to tear down the temple that Jesus built in three days, by cheering on a physical temple, made with hands?
5. Why would you ever believe such a temple could ever be consecrated, to then be desolated, when our high priest is seated in the true tabernacle and rules in His kingdom today?
6. Why do you think that God would dwell in a temple made with hands?
7. Why do you reject the kingdom of Jesus Christ that arrived in the first century, to cheer on some future kingdom on earth, when Jesus told us His kingdom is specifically not of this world?

Could the answer to all those questions be because of John Darby's 19th century interpretation of the figurative language of Daniel's Old Testament dream?
Sound doctrine must obviously begin with literal verses in literal passages that are not open to interpretation, before even beginning to try to interpret, the figurative language of dreams and visions in prophecy.