Author Topic: The Purpose of This Forum Section  (Read 1736 times)

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
The Purpose of This Forum Section
« on: October 11, 2014, 11:44:52 AM »
The purpose of this category is to call out and hopefully correct, deceptive articles in publications like Encyclopedias, dictionaries and others, that we otherwise should be able at least to a small extent, presume are authoritative sources of factual information. Tragically in this day and age, there is apparently little vetting of what individual Encyclopedia authors write, and perhaps even less editing since articles regarding matters of historical record about Mecca, mix in elements of Islamic so-called "tradition" that suggest that Mecca had a history prior to the 4th century AD. However Islamic "tradition" was in fact all created and put to the pen in the 7th to 10th centuries AD, without reference to any actual historical record that preceded the 5th century AD. Obviously whether intended or not, what articles that intertwine Islamic fables with historical record accomplish, is to add an air of legitimacy to a counter-scriptural, unhistorical, archaeologically devoid anti-history - that is also a demographic and physically immovable geographical impossibility.

While Wikipedia has the excuse that it can be vandalized by any sorely deluded soul that creates a login, if encyclopedias or textbooks have any interest in being perceived as authoritative sources of factual information, they need to separately categorize - that is, make a clear distinction between - created fiction and fact.

While publications generally couch Islamic fables with qualifiers like "According to Islamic tradition....." or "According to legend....", because they include those Islamic fables in "History" sections, young students, or people with limited capacity for critical thinking, or folks that are simply predisposed to believe the created "history", do not recognize the qualifier as a disclaimer. Instead they are led to believe that encyclopedias actually report Islamic "tradition" as history, specifically because it is intertwined with history, in "History" sections. Our experience even with web authors, whose writing skills indicate that on other matters they may otherwise possess fairly normal cognitive function, present links to encyclopedias and such while proclaiming that they confirm as historical fact that Abraham and Ishmael built the Kaaba.

I believe it is incumbent upon all forum members to call out the articles of these publications and websites that effectively masquerade fiction as fact. If we don't correct the errors now, then who else will our heirs be able to blame for a future of fact-yielding-to-fiction and truth-yielding-to-lies, with perhaps that anti-history becoming the only information available in our children's futures as is the case in Islamic slave states that even impose the death penalty for "blasphemy", or what we in the west would characterize as open and honest discussion of Muhammad and Islam as revealed through Islam's own books.
http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/blasphemy_laws.htm

As publications recognize their unscholarly and juvenile error, of intertwining Islamic "tradition" with fact - rather than eliminating the fables or at least categorizing them separately, and adjust their articles accordingly - we will move publication-specific criticism out of the view of the general public.

Forum members, please measure each word you write to these publications or put in this forum section very carefully, to assure that your points remain inarguable.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: The Purpose of This Forum Section
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
It isn't as hard a task as it may sound, particularly when dealing with folks that possess normal cognitive function, and capacity for critical thinking. I have enjoyed some success in the past. Here is the reply I received from one such described author of a history website, that he sent in reply to my query back in August of 2010, even though there was little in his article even suggested a history of Mecca prior to the 1st century AD:

"Pete, thanks for getting in touch and for your helpful point. Our very brief history of Mecca is based on several separate articles in the Encyclopedia Britainnica, but I am not sure where the specific mention of the 1st century AD in the section heading derives from. I have adjusted both the heading and the section to reflect the lack of evidence that you rightly point out."