Author Topic: Retitled: Let the People of the Gospel go by what Allah has revealed therein  (Read 12760 times)

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
[edit add]split from: The Untold Story-Islam Documentary by Tom Holland
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=4713.0 [end edit]

As you begin to set about seeking out evidence of a pre-4th century Mecca, please let me ask an unrelated question regarding the Quran. Muhammad said:

Sura 5:47 Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein.

Which is what I do, as a person of the Gospel. By Muhammad's day the Gospel had been translated into every popular language, copied tens of thousands of times, and had been read all over the "known world" for centuries.
How do you reconcile that, when the whole subject of the Gospel is the crucifixion, death and resurrection of the Lamb of God, who saves all from sin who have faith in His shed blood?
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
Re: The Untold Story-Islam Documentary by Tom Holland
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 05:34:08 PM »
As you begin to set about seeking out evidence of a pre-4th century Mecca, please let me ask an unrelated question regarding the Quran. Muhammad said:

Sura 5:47 Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein.

Which is what I do, as a person of the Gospel. By Muhammad's day the Gospel had been translated into every popular language, copied tens of thousands of times, and had been read all over the "known world" for centuries.
How do you reconcile that, when the whole subject of the Gospel is the crucifixion, death and resurrection of the Lamb of God, who saves all from sin who have faith in His shed blood?

Response: The Qur'an informs us that there were previous revelations, such as the Injil given to Jesus (ra) and the Taurat given to Moses (ra). Muslims do not believe that the Gospel as we have it today is not in it's original form. Hence, the Bible is not the Full word of God. So in its original form, there was no mention of a crucifiction, trinity, Jesus as God, or the Son of God. Instead, we accept what the Bible says which is Jesus was just a Prophet (Acts:2:22).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:38:51 PM by Al-Fatihah »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »

Response: The Qur'an informs us that there were previous revelations, such as the Injil given to Jesus (ra) and the Taurat given to Moses (ra). Muslims do not believe that the Gospel as we have it today is not in it's original form. Hence, the Bible is not the Full word of God. So in its original form, there was no mention of a crucifiction, trinity, Jesus as God, or the Son of God. Instead, we accept what the Bible says which is Jesus was just a Prophet (Acts:2:22).

Sorry my friend by you missed the tense. Muhammad is speaking in the present tense about the Gospel and its people that existed at the time of his recitation. And the Gospel had been preached and followed throughout the whole known world for centuries before Muhammad.
Try again.

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 06:14:07 PM »

Sorry my friend by you missed the tense. Muhammad is speaking in the present tense about the Gospel and its people that existed at the time of his recitation. And the Gospel had been preached and followed throughout the whole known world for centuries before Muhammad.
Try again.

Response: Exactly. He is speaking in the present tense, which means he is referring to the Injil (Gospel) that was present with him.  Not what you have now.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »

Try again.

Response: Exactly. He is speaking in the present tense, which means he is referring to the Injil (Gospel) that was present with him.  Not what you have now.

Please reread what I wrote and actually try to comprehend what you are suggesting.
In order for the Gospel of Muhammad's day, to be different than the Gospel of today, would have required going back and changing its whole subject to becoming the exact opposite of what it had been, in the tens of thousands of copies, that had been translated into every popular language and were scattered throughout the whole "known world" prior to Muhammad's day.

(I'm going to try to break this out into a separate thread)

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »

Please reread what I wrote and actually try to comprehend what you are suggesting.
In order for the Gospel of Muhammad's day, to be different than the Gospel of today, would have required going back and changing its whole subject to becoming the exact opposite of what it had been, in the tens of thousands of copies, that had been translated into every popular language and were scattered throughout the whole "known world" prior to Muhammad's day.

Response: Not at all. Corruption does not require changing everything. Your own Bible Historians and Christian scholars acknowledge that the Bible has been tampered. Mark 16: 9-20 has been confirmed to be falsely added.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:46:10 PM »

Response: Not at all. Corruption does not require changing everything. Your own Bible Historians and Christian scholars acknowledge that the Bible has been tampered. Mark 16: 9-20 has been confirmed to be falsely added.

Perhaps I assumed too much. Do you know what the whole subject of the Gospel that we have today is? What is the whole reason the Messiah was made manifest to the world, and His whole purpose as revealed in the Gospel we have today?

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 06:49:16 PM »

Perhaps I assumed too much. Do you know what the whole subject of the Gospel that we have today is? What is the whole reason the Messiah was made manifest to the world, and His whole purpose as revealed in the Gospel we have today?

Response: In Islam, we believe Jesus to be only a man and a Prophet. (Acts 2:22). So he was not God in Flesh, did not die on the cross and crucified, and was not part of a Trinity. These are later interpolations by man in the Gospel. This is the Islamic belief. They were not there when it was originally revealed to Jesus (ra).

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »

Response: In Islam, we believe Jesus to be only a man and a Prophet. (Acts 2:22). So he was not God in Flesh, did not die on the cross and crucified, and was not part of a Trinity. These are later interpolations by man in the Gospel. This is the Islamic belief. They were not there when it was originally revealed to Jesus (ra).

I didn't ask about what Muhammad taught you to DISbelieve about the Gospel. I asked you what the whole subject of the Gospel is today. What is the reason the Passover Lamb of God was crucified?
If you need help try this page:
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/the_lamb_slain.htm

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »

My friend, none of the 4 oldest Qurans do other than contradict each other, as well as the Quran you have in your possession. Scroll to the 48 minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9lIuUjPs0

So let's get honest. Even if some claims about a verse or two being compromised were true, it wouldn't change the WHOLE SUBJECT of the gospel. Here are their accounts:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=1175.0

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 07:54:06 PM »

My friend, none of the 4 oldest Qurans do other than contradict each other, as well as the Quran you have in your possession. Scroll to the 48 minute mark:

So let's get honest. Even if some claims about a verse or two being compromised were true, it wouldn't change the WHOLE SUBJECT of the gospel. Here are their accounts:

Response: There are no contradictions in the Qur'an, supported by your failure to quote and demonstrate one. yet we find many in your Bible.

Was it 700, or 7,000 horses? 1 Chronicles 18:3-4 and 2 Samuel 8:3-4
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:16:37 PM by Al-Fatihah »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »

Response: There are no contradictions in the Qur'an,.......

Not only is the Quran filled with contradictions, but even Muhammad knew what a mess he made of it over the short span of just 23 years (as it was frequently pointed out to him), so that Muhammad himself had to institute a doctrine of abrogation in order to nullify the earlier surahs that were contradicted by the later surahs.

2:106 (Asad) Any message which, We annul or consign to oblivion We replace with a better or a similar one. Dost thou not know that God has the power to will anything?
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=116.0

.......supported by your failure to quote and demonstrate one. yet we find many in your Bible.

Was it 700, or 7,000 horses? Chronicles 21:1 and 2 Samuel 10:18

Why do you suppose it is that you can't answer the question you were asked, but feel the need to obfuscate instead?
Do you know what spirit it is in you that prevents you from being able to simply say what the whole subject of the gospel is?

You see my friend, I follow all of the prophets and witnesses as revealed in the 1600 year record of YHWH to mankind, whose people have followed Him through two covenants for 3500 years.

You are required to DISbelieve that record, because you follow the stand-alone 23-year record of a violent, murderous, 7th-century false prophet.

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 08:25:28 PM »

Not only is the Quran filled with contradictions, but even Muhammad what a mess he made of it over the short span of just 23 years (as it was frequently pointed out to him), so that Muhammad himself had to institute a doctrine of abrogation in order to nullify the earlier surahs that were contradicted by the later surahs.

2:106 (Asad) Any message which, We annul or consign to oblivion We replace with a better or a similar one. Dost thou not know that God has the power to will anything?

.......supported by your failure to quote and demonstrate one. yet we find many in your Bible.

Why do you suppose it is that you can't answer the question you were asked, but feel the need to obfuscate instead?
Do you know what spirit it is in you that prevents you from being able to simply say what the whole subject of the gospel is?

Response: As expected, you dodged addressing the obvious contradiction in your Bible, thus it is clear it is tampered and not the true word of God.

And you couldn't quote a contradiction from the Qur'an. So your own failed rebuttals show the Qur'an is true. Unlike your Bible.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »

Not only is the Quran filled with contradictions, but even Muhammad what a mess he made of it over the short span of just 23 years (as it was frequently pointed out to him), so that Muhammad himself had to institute a doctrine of abrogation in order to nullify the earlier surahs that were contradicted by the later surahs.

Response: As expected, you dodged addressing the obvious contradiction in your Bible, thus it is clear it is tampered and not the true word of God.

And you couldn't quote a contradiction from the Qur'an. So your own failed rebuttals show the Qur'an is true. Unlike your Bible.

Why on earth do you think that some verses have to be nullified through Muhammad's doctrine of substitution? For the heck of it?

"Those who believe [in the Qur.an], and those who follow the Jewish [Scriptures], and the Christians and the Sabians, any one who believe in God and the last day, and work righteousness shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Sura 2:62).

Now, read a counter "revelation" in Sura Imran:

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam [Submission to God] he will be in the ranks of those who have lost all spiritual good" (Sura 3:85)
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/contradictions_in_the_koran.htm
http://www.1000mistakes.com/1000mistakes/index.php

You see? You couldn't bring yourself to state the subject of the Gospel, because you are filled with the spirit of antichrist from the enemy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »

Why on earth do you think that some verses have to be nullified through Muhammad's doctrine of substitution? For the heck of it?

You ssee? You couldn't bring yourself to state the subject of the Gospel, because you are filled with the spirit of antichrist from the enemy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Response: In other words, still no answer to the obvious contradiction in your Bible, thus confirming it is not the word of God.

As for the Qur'an, the Qur'an was revealed in stages. Not all at once. It was done this way because the people were not ready for the Qur'an all at once.  So verses were revealed by Allah to straighten them up, then later cancelled so they were prepared to accept the final verses.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 08:53:49 PM »

You ssee? You couldn't bring yourself to state the subject of the Gospel, because you are filled with the spirit of antichrist from the enemy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Response: In other words, still no answer to the obvious contradiction in your Bible, thus confirming it is not the word of God.

As for the Qur'an, the Qur'an was revealed in stages. Not all at once. It was done this way because the people were not ready for the Qur'an all at once.  So verses were revealed by Allah to straighten them up, then later cancelled so they were prepared to accept the final verses.

The stages are a different subject.
You didn't address why some verses have to be nullified.
I showed you why, in the contradiction that I added to that post when you  were posting.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad

By Muhammad's day the Gospel had been translated into every popular language, copied tens of thousands of times, and had been read all over the "known world" for centuries.

So how did someone uniformly change each and every one of those tens of thousands of copies of the gospel, in each of those different languages, that were spread and being read all over the known world for centuries before Muhammad was ever born.
Please explain how that could have been done.

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »

I showed you why, in the contradiction that I added to that post when you  were posting.

Response: I just told you why they were cancelled, which is because they were not meant to be the final revelation. They were staged to prepare the people for the final revelation.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »

Response: I just told you why they were cancelled, which is because they were not meant to be the final revelation. They were staged to prepare the people for the final revelation.

So a large part of the Quran has to be thrown out and substituted. The earlier yielding to the later.
Let me help you with which is which. Muhammad's earlier somewhat more peaceful pre-Hijra Mecca drivel had to be nullified by his later surah's that call his followers to terrorize, slay, conquer and subjugate non-Muslims to Muhammad's followers.
http://falseprophetmuhammad.com/jihad_islamic_terrorism.htm

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 09:14:43 PM »

So a large part of the Quran had to be thrown out and substituted. The earlier yielding to the later.
Let me help you with which is which. Muhammad's earlier somewhat more peaceful pre-Hijra Mecca drivel had to be nullified by his later surah's that call his followers to terrorize, slay, conquer and subjugate non-Muslims to Muhammad's followers.

Response: The Qur'an as we have today is final and no verse in it has been cancelled. What was cancelled is not in the Qur'an.

As for substituting peace with violence, that would be your warlord Jesus.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on Earth, I came not to send Peace, but a sword" Matthew 10:34.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:31:06 PM by Al-Fatihah »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 09:30:52 PM »

So a large part of the Quran had to be thrown out and substituted. The earlier yielding to the later.

Response: The Qur'an as we have today is final and no verse in it has been cancelled. What was cancelled is not in the Qur'an.
Nice try, but this isn't some opinion of mine. If you had gone to the link I had provided you wouldn't have had to continue posting in ignorance.

Out of only 114 suras in the Quran, a whopping 71 are subject to abrogation. Al-Nasikh wal-Mansoukh is the classic Islamic book, by esteemed Islamic scholar Abil-Kasim Hibat-Allah Ibn-Salama Abi-Nasr, that details all of the abrogated verses, and what they have been abrogated by.

"Think not that I have come to send peace on Earth, I came not for Peace, but a sword" Matthew 10:34.

Your blasphemy against the Messiah, the "Prince of Peace", is driven by the spirit of antichrist. Someone outside the Spirit of God that is in abject ignorance to the Gospel and desires to blaspheme the one true God, might draw that false conclusion. But what sword did Jesus bring?

Ephesians 6:12 .... the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=225.0

But what about the mass murdering genocidal Muhammad?

Tabari VIII:35/Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina (it is still its marketplace today), and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."
http://falseprophetmuhammad.com/jesus_or_muhammad.htm#banu_qurayza

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »

Nice try, but this isn't some opinion of mine. If you had gone to the link I had provided you wouldn't have had to continue posting in ignorance.

Out of only 114 suras in the Quran, a whopping 71 are subject to abrogation. Al-Nasikh wal-Mansoukh is the classic Islamic book, by esteemed Islamic scholar Abil-Kasim Hibat-Allah Ibn-Salama Abi-Nasr, that details all of the abrogated verses, and what they have been abrogated by.

"Think not that I have come to send peace on Earth, I came not for Peace, but a sword" Matthew 10:34.

Your blasphemy against the Messiah, the "Prince of Peace", is driven by the spirit of antichrist. Someone outside the Spirit of God that is in abject ignorance to the Gospel and desires to blaspheme the one true God, might draw that false conclusion. But what sword did Jesus bring?

Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Tabari VIII:35/Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina (it is still its marketplace today), and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."

Response: And yet you still cannot quote from the Qur'an where it says a verse in the Qur'an is abrogated, thus refuting yourself. In fact, the Qur'an itself says it is free of discrepancy (4:82), thus debunking your abrogation claim.

Then you quote a reference from Al-Tabari, yet al-Tabari is not even an authentic source. Who says so> He says it himself.

Tabari says:

"Let him who examines this book of mine know that I have relied, as regards everything I mention therein which I stipulate to be described by me, solely upon what has been transmitted to me by way of reports which I cite therein and traditions which I ascribe to their narrators, to the exclusion of what may be apprehended by rational argument or deduced by the human mind, except in very few cases. This is because knowledge of the reports of men of the past and of contemporaneous views of men of the present do not reach the one who has not witnessed them nor lived in their times except through the accounts of reporters and the transmission of transmitters, to the exclusion of rational deduction and mental inference. Hence, if I mention in this book a report about some men of the past, which the reader of listener finds objectionable or worthy of censure because he can see no aspect of truth nor any factual substance therein, let him know that this is not to be attributed to us but to those who transmitted it to us and we have merely passed this on as it has been passed on to us."

Debunked by your own sources.

Whereas when we open your Bible, we see it is the work of blasphemy, and even slander against God. Such as Ezekiel 16:8 where God has sex with a girl, then verses 42-44 he gets jealous when she cheats on him.

What kind of God is that? A false one.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:07:43 PM by Al-Fatihah »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2015, 10:10:13 PM »

Response: And yet you still cannot quote from the Qur'an where it says a verse in the Qur'an is abrogated, thus refuting yourself.

Again:
"Those who believe [in the Qur.an], and those who follow the Jewish [Scriptures], and the Christians and the Sabians, any one who believe in God and the last day, and work righteousness shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Sura 2:62).

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam [Submission to God] he will be in the ranks of those who have lost all spiritual good" (Sura 3:85)

In fact, the Qur'an itself says it is free of discrepancy (4:82), thus debunking your abrogation claim.

Whereas when we open your Bible, we see it is the work of blasphemy, and even slander against God. Such as Ezekiel 16:8 where God has sex with a girl, then verses 42-44 he gets jealous when she cheats on him.

What kind of God is that? A false one.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad

By Muhammad's day the Gospel had been translated into every popular language, copied tens of thousands of times, and had been read all over the "known world" for centuries.

So how did someone uniformly change each and every one of those tens of thousands of copies of the gospel, in each of those different languages, that were spread and being read all over the known world for centuries before Muhammad was ever born.
Please explain how that could have been done.

Al-Fatihah

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »

Again:

Response: Islam is submission to the will of Allah. So verse 2:62 shows no contradiction since it clear says the Christians, Jews and Sabians who believe in Allah, which makes them Muslims.

Another fail.

Whereas we see you still cannot address the obvious contradiction in your Bible

700 or 7,000 horses?
1 Chronicles 18:4 and 2 Samuel 8:4