Author Topic: Zechariah 14:2-4  (Read 2214 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Zechariah 14:2-4
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »
In Zechariah 14:2-4 nations are to be gathered against Israel and that the city (Jerusalem) wil be taken, the houses rifled and the women ravished and that half the city will be taken into captivity but the residue of her people will not be cut off from the city. In the past and even currently there have been plans by many nations to carve up the holy land to accomadate the palestinian arabs and give them half of Jerusalem as a capitol. Everyday the political and religious climate there becomes more tense. Given what is said in Zechariah should we expect a palestinian uprising to try and regain Jerusalem and if so would this be the final event that occurs before the Lord steps down to defend his people. Zechariah 14:3-4 describes this and I wonder if this is the final straw. I am not trying to date set or anything along those lines. I am simply trying to stay vigilant.
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Zechariah 14:2-4
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »
In Zechariah 14:2-4 nations are to be gathered against Israel and that the city (Jerusalem) wil be taken, the houses rifled and the women ravished and that half the city will be taken into captivity but the residue of her people will not be cut off from the city. In the past and even currently there have been plans by many nations to carve up the holy land to accomadate the palestinian arabs and give them half of Jerusalem as a capitol. Everyday the political and religious climate there becomes more tense. Given what is said in Zechariah should we expect a palestinian uprising to try and regain Jerusalem and if so would this be the final event that occurs before the Lord steps down to defend his people. Zechariah 14:3-4 describes this and I wonder if this is the final straw. I am not trying to date set or anything along those lines. I am simply trying to stay vigilant.

Isn't it amazing (and typical) that the Muslims are expecting the EXACT OPPOSITE of what will take place? (and the preterists and others that hold "replacement theology" not far behind them with their barely disguised anti-Semitism). Thanks for posting!

http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=331.msg1099#msg1099