Author Topic: The Jesus You Can't Ignore  (Read 2342 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Jesus You Can't Ignore
« on: July 30, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »
I as of yet have not finished this book so normally I would not comment on it. But I see the direction the author (John MacArthur) is taking and would suggest anyone interested in contending the faith should read this book. While it is true that we should love our neighbor as ourself does that mean we should not share the truth God has given us? No indeed it doesn't. Nor should we pretend to respect and most certainly never genuinly respect any word that speaks contrary to the truth that Jesus gave us. Does this mean that we should brow beat others with our view? Again no. However how can you honor God and insinuate that his message is any different than it is. Make no mistake about it Jesus was a spiritual warrior. If you read the Gospels Jesus was often the one to open confrontation with the Pharisees rather than the other way around. Am I trying to insinuate that Jesus was simply argumentative for the sake of disagreeing? For a third time NO! But consider this: Mat 10:34-37 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 
It is clear here that Jesus considered his message to be paramount. Nothing mattered more. Nothing. Not even observing tradition and most especially not observing niceties. This division that Jesus spoke of was not his wish simply a foregone conclusion in the mind of the Lord. A result to the stimulus of truth. So don't be timid with wolves in sheep's clothing. Don't think that you can tame them, ignore them, rationalize them, placate them and most especially don't for a minute consider them to be more than what they are: Enemies of truth.

God Bless
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: The Jesus You Can't Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »
I as of yet have not finished this book so normally I would not comment on it. But I see the direction the author (John MacArthur) is taking and would suggest anyone interested in contending the faith should read this book. While it is true that we should love our neighbor as ourself does that mean we should not share the truth God has given us? No indeed it doesn't. Nor should we pretend to respect and most certainly never genuinly respect any word that speaks contrary to the truth that Jesus gave us. Does this mean that we should brow beat others with our view? Again no. However how can you honor God and insinuate that his message is any different than it is. Make no mistake about it Jesus was a spiritual warrior. If you read the Gospels Jesus was often the one to open confrontation with the Pharisees rather than the other way around. Am I trying to insinuate that Jesus was simply argumentative for the sake of disagreeing? For a third time NO! But consider this: Mat 10:34-37 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Indeed. And nowhere more apparent than in the "honor killing" of an Islamic family member, for coming to Christ.

Great video that keeps being banned from YouTube:
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=88d267dba53d454cb1ed

Also the loss of family, friends, employment, inheritance even among Muslims in the most advanced first world countries. But then a daughter only gets half the inheritance of her brother anyway.

honor killing islam

Videos

And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  
It is clear here that Jesus considered his message to be paramount. Nothing mattered more. Nothing. Not even observing tradition and most especially not observing niceties. This division that Jesus spoke of was not his wish simply a foregone conclusion in the mind of the Lord. A result to the stimulus of truth. So don't be timid with wolves in sheep's clothing. Don't think that you can tame them, ignore them, rationalize them, placate them and most especially don't for a minute consider them to be more than what they are: Enemies of truth.

God Bless
sword
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=212.0
division
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=226.0