Author Topic: Jesus Crucifixion in the Quran  (Read 3612 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Jesus Crucifixion in the Quran
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
This single surah is how we can recognize Islam is the perfect opposite of Christianity. Rejecting the whole subject of Jesus Christ and the new covenant He brought, as revealed through all of His prophets and witnesses, Old Testament and New.

Mohammed:

Surah 4.157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Not only are Christians fully persuaded that Jesus was crucified, died and was buried, and was resurrected on the 3rd day, and perhaps most Jews recognize the man, Jesus, was crucified, but there is a considerable secular historical record of the event as well, the most famous, perhaps, from the Roman historian Josephus.
Now look at that Surah again.
"...those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow..."

It is a stunning irony that those groups I mention above don't doubt Jesus crucifixion and death on the cross, yet any Christian in here that has asked Muslims about what happened at that event, have gotten as many different answers as the number of people asked. They are lost in a mass state of confusion over this subject. You will get stuff like: "Another man substituted and his face was made to look like Jesus". Or "Jesus went straight up to Heaven". "The witnesses were standing too far away to see well" (even though Mary was at his feet, let alone the Roman soldiers who put Him on the cross and pierced His side). Or "Judas substituted for him". Or "Jesus didn't die".

So Muslims are, exactly as Mohammed describes the rest of us, who at least recognize Jesus death.
As far as Jesus never dying, the Quran doesn't even support that:

Surah 19:33 "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

Try it yourself. Ask some Muslims online what happened at the crucifixion, and then ask what ever did happen to Jesus.

Christians of course recognize the Old Testament prophecy of Jesus' crucifixion:

Psalms 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. 17 I may tell all my bones: they look [and] stare upon me. 18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Fulfilled in the new covenant:

Matthew 27:35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Zechariah 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

Blood atonement in Islam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WMfQW8E5dc
Some believe the first drop of blood shed by a Muslim so-called martyr may provide propitiation for the sin of 70 of his nearest and dearest friends and relatives:
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu_UxJphKuc0ApfRXNyoA?p=first+drop+blood+martyr+islam+sin&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501-s&fr2=sb-top&sao=1
They even throw a "wedding" celebration for them posthumously.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnagD9Q5CKo

Sura 5:68 Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord, that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. But sorrow thou not over (these) people without Faith.

What does that Gospel say? Jesus died on the Cross to save us from our sins.

Mark 15:39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Regarding Mohammed and his sorely deluded followers?

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

http://www.israelinbibleprophecy.com/the_lamb_slain.htm

1Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Surah 9.30 The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the Son of God. That is a saying from their mouth; (In this) they but imitate what the Unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment. 31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

http://www.islamandthetruth.com/the_lamb_slain.htm

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Prophesied many hundreds of years in advance:

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:    32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: {although...: or, should I have continued an husband unto them?}    33  But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The terms "testament" and "covenant" come from the same Koine Greek word:
testament
New Testament Greek Definition:
1242 diatheke {dee-ath-ay'-kay}
from 1303; TDNT - 2:106,157; n f
AV - covenant 20, testament 13; 33
1) a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to
be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly
possessions after his death, a testament or will
2) a compact, a covenant, a testament
2a) God's covenant with Noah, etc.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It doesn't matter how few our sins, old covenant or new:

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

God's people have followed Him for 3500 years, through 2 covenants, revealed in the 1600 year record of God to mankind, through ALL of the prophets and witnesses of His Word.

ONE MUST CHOOSE

Either Jesus and ALL the prophets and witnesses of God's word, or Mohammed, who never performed a single miracle, who not a soul ever heard Gabriel or Allah speak to, who never had a single FULFILLED prophecy, and who WAS and taught THE EXACT OPPOSITE, of Jesus Christ.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=148.0