Author Topic: The Certainty of Jesus Crucifixion to Christians & Jews  (Read 3743 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
The Certainty of Jesus Crucifixion to Christians & Jews
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
Please don't correct, etc. as this is in development.

As far as I know there is not a single Jewish sect that denies that Jesus was crucified.
If there is a sect that does not hold this view I would appreciate a heads-up. (This isn't in reference to genealogical Jews that are agnostic or atheist. Those are not sects of Judaism.)

There exists no doubt, in a single Christian, anywhere, that Jesus was crucified, died, and was resurrected. There is not a single more important to the beliefs of a Christian.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Nor is there a single doubt among Christians that Jesus died on the cross, providing the perfect sacrifice, so that all who have faith in His shed blood are redeemed from sin.

Mat 26:28      For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

That term "new testament" is translated from the same Koine Greek word as is translated "New Testament". This is what the New Testament and Christianity is all about. It's very foundation.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

The simple reason this can be so boldly and confidnetly stated is that this is the whole subject of Christianity. If someone were to not believe this, then they would not be a Christian. There is not a single thing in the Gospel about which Christians are more confident in their faith than this. If a person is self-described as a Christian has doubts about this they have only deceived themselves into believing they are a Christian.

Our certain understanding comes through all of the witnesses of Jesus Christ as detailed in the Gospel. Here are some accounts of Jesus crucifixion, death and resurrection:

http://www.islamandthetruth.com/gospel_of_john.htm#john_19
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/gospel_of_matthew.htm#matthew_27
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/gospel_of_mark.htm#mark_15
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/gospel_of_luke.htm#luke_23

If you are a Muslim don't be afraid to read the links above. It is the Word of God. Even Mohammed specifically instructed Muslims:

Sura 4:136 O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His Messenger, and the scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and the scripture which He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth Allah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Day of Judgment, hath gone far, far astray.

How can you "believe in" the scriptures that came before Mohammed if you've never read them?

Even though there is no doubt in Christianity or Judaism regarding the crucifixion of Jesus, nearly seven centuries after the fact Mohammed nonetheless suggested:

Surah 4.157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

So seven centuries after the fact Mohammed apparently admits to the event of someone being crucified, yet suggests that the eye witnesses of the event were somehow deceived by their own eyes - and there was certainly no shortage of witnesses, including Roman historians.

Ironically, when we ask Muslims what did happen during that event, and what did happen to Jesus - before during and after - we find that it is the Muslims that are truly "...full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow..."

Try asking one.
If you are an honest Muslim what do you believe? Now try asking several of your friends and relatives, and your imam too. Go online and ask it casually of Muslims in Muslim chat rooms. Witness the widely diverse versions of the crucifixion of Jesus and what happened to Him.
However if you do seek out the truth, you are going to be labeled as a budding "apostate", so I would highly recommend phrasing your questions as innocently as possible.

While Jesus crucifixion is the very heart and foundation of Christianity, denying it is at the very heart and foundation of Islam, and even more importantly denying that Jesus is the Son of God. Consider the prefix "anti".

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: The Certainty of Jesus Crucifixion to Christians & Jews
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »
(KJV) 1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;   2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.   3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;   4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:   5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:   6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.   7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.   8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

That's hundreds of eye witnesses still alive when these verses were penned.