Author Topic: The Holy Spirit  (Read 11529 times)

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: The Holy Spirit
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
Catholics offer up atonement for the dead. It is part of the Catholic faith. From the Catholic Bible -

2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

I requested supporting scripture, not pre-Christian era uninspired writing. Why do you suppose it took the Roman Church 1500 years to add the Apocrypha to their Bible?

"Start with a pinch of Homer, add two cups of scriptural interpretation, slowly pour in some secret ingredients and blend with copious amounts of wild imagination. Chop into 11 parts (more depending on your appetite), cook on low heat, and let simmer for 1500 years. Serve along with Scripture."
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=902.0

Perhaps next you'll be suggesting it was men in an unbroken chain of Apostolic succession from Jesus Christ that figured it out?

Child of God

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 11:51:07 AM »
Catholics offer up atonement for the dead. It is part of the Catholic faith. From the Catholic Bible -

2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

I requested supporting scripture, not pre-Christian era uninspired writing. Why do you suppose it took the Roman Church 1500 years to add the Apocrypha to their Bible?

"Start with a pinch of Homer, add two cups of scriptural interpretation, slowly pour in some secret ingredients and blend with copious amounts of wild imagination. Chop into 11 parts (more depending on your appetite), cook on low heat, and let simmer for 1500 years. Serve along with Scripture."

Perhaps next you'll be suggesting it was men in an unbroken chain of succession from Jesus Christ that decided it?

During this conversation with Jesus, He confirmed that I could make atonement for the dead. So I know that this verse is valid.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:53:38 AM by Child of God »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »

Perhaps next you'll be suggesting it was men in an unbroken chain of succession from Jesus Christ that decided it?

During this conversation with Jesus, He confirmed that I could make atonement for the dead. So I know that this verse is valid.

What I know is the practice is straight out of paganism (and also happens to be a Wiccan practice) and is not supported by scripture, so the most "obvious" suspicion should be, that an unclean familiar spirit is deceiving you. That's why they're called deceiving spirits. The Jews didn't consider those pre-Christian era books to be inspired either.

Regarding relying on presumption, without trying the spirit, you seem to be ignoring or minimizing the following:

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Do you also believe that the heads of the Roman Church have been an unbroken chain of Holy Spirit inspired succession ever since Jesus Christ?

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »
I have never sought signs or chased Halos.

The Holy Spirit cannot be tested this way because He does not speak on His own authority.

Sure, that's why we were given the test. Because it doesn't work, eigh? The fact is the Holy Spirit will reassure by repeating, while unclean spirits will try to duck and dodge as they are being exposed, because they cannot repeat that phrase.
This is a test that brethren I know use to ferret out unclean spirits and demons that pose as the Holy Spirit, in brethren that are speaking in tongues, for example.

Jesus said to the Apostles -

John 16:13. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His authority, but whatever He hears He will speak, and He will tell you things to come.

He repeats back to a person that what He hears and sees. This is how He speaks. He has an absolute perfect memory.

I know familiar spirits as well. And I would not insult the Holy Spirit by suggesting that He is a familiar spirit when I know He is not.

You mean that you presume His is not an unclean spirit, even though you credit this voice in your head as being the reason you pray for the dead (besides RC "tradition"). Familiar deceiving spirits are just that, my friend - deceiving.
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/man_of_sin.htm

Consider a sufferer from MPD (DID). Within the host of spirits there are benign ones, that even help to manage the more demonic spirits in the community of alters.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=31.0

There are threads of brethren in this forum that had been deceived into believing that unclean spirits were the Holy Spirit. One was delivered from his familiar spirits and rejoined the forum later with a different username.
Another is a 3rd generation Pentecostal preacher, that thinks the glossolia he encourages his congregation to mutter in, is Holy Spirit inspired tongues. That's the result of failing to "try the spirits". That third generation Pentecostal preacher presumes, just as you indicate you do.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 12:47:26 PM »
I have good discernment of both good and evil spirits.

I have extensive knowledge of the spirit world. Feel free to ask me about anything. Angelic and demonic powers?...whatever.

This post was entered to be purely informational, for later perusal, and not intended to distract from the subject at hand. It will be most helpful for us to keep track of the conversation if you go to the first reply after your last at this link:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=4679.msg18043#msg18043

Perhaps you would like to expand your library with a free online book - Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson - who has delivered (I forgot whether it is hundreds or thousands) of Christians from unclean spirits and demons.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=30.0

Interesting fate of an extreme anti-Zionist and his wife:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=3109.0

Child of God

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 03:09:30 PM »

What I know is the practice is straight out of paganism (and also happens to be a Wiccan practice), and is not supported by scripture, so the most "obvious" conclusion should be that an unclean familiar spirit is deceiving you. That's why they're called deceiving spirits. The Jews didn't consider those pre-Christian era books to be inspired either.

Regarding regarding on presumption, without trying the spirit, you seem to be ignoring or minimizing the following:

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Do you also believe that the head of the Roman Church is an unbroken chain of Holy Spirit inspired succession ever since Jesus Christ?

I have not been deceived. I am probably one of the most leading authorities on the Holy Spirit today. If you knew the Holy Spirit, you would know that He does not speak on His own authority. Meaning, He does not speak with His own voice and could not possibly be tested the way you have indicated. That test is for familiar spirits and not God, the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever tried a spirit yourself? Do you have any experience with the spirit world? Just how I would not have an inexperienced mechanic diagnose my car, neither would I allow someone without experience to determine whether my interpretations are correct or not. If you have no experience, you are not qualified to make such determinations. Without experience, all you have is book knowledge. Book knowledge falls short of real life experience with book knowledge. And if you have no experience, you have no authority on this subject. Let us not be like the big-headed enemy and pretend we are more than we are or something we are not.

I know God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit intimately (personally). They have all spoken to me. I speak the truth, I am not lying, my consciousness bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:48:05 PM by Child of God »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 03:45:16 PM »

What I know is the practice is straight out of paganism (and also happens to be a Wiccan practice), and is not supported by scripture, so the most "obvious" conclusion should be that an unclean familiar spirit is deceiving you. That's why they're called deceiving spirits. The Jews didn't consider those pre-Christian era books to be inspired either.

Regarding regarding on presumption, without trying the spirit, you seem to be ignoring or minimizing the following:

Do you also believe that the heads of the Roman Church have been an unbroken chain of Holy Spirit inspired succession ever since Jesus Christ?

I have not been deceived. I am probably one of the most leading authorities on the Holy Spirit today. If you knew the Holy Spirit, you would know that He does not speak on His own authority. Meaning, He does not speak with His own voice and could not possibly be tested the way you have indicated. That test is for familiar spirits and not God, the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever tried a spirit yourself? Do you have any experience with the spirit world? Just how I would not have an inexperienced mechanic diagnose my car, neither would I allow someone without experience to determine whether my interpretations are correct or not. If you have no experience, you are not qualified to make such determinations. Without experience, all you have is book knowledge. Book knowledge falls short of real life experience with book knowledge. And if you have no experience, you have no authority on this subject. Let us not be like the big-headed enemy and pretend we are more than we are or something we are not.

I know God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit intimately (personally). They have all spoken to me. I speak the truth. My consciousness bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.

Please answer the question.

Child of God

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »

I know God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit intimately (personally). They have all spoken to me. I speak the truth. My consciousness bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.

I know nothing of this and thus cannot answer this question.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 03:57:43 PM »

I know nothing of this and thus cannot answer this question.

By Catholic I have been presuming that you mean Roman Catholic, who you also pointed out licenses their flock to pray for the dead. As a Roman Catholic, how on earth is it that you could "know nothing" about the doctrine of Apostolic succession?
http://www.bing.com/search?q=apostolic+succession&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=apostolic+succession&sc=8-20&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=77d4b3bb44c7467aa5f4508b21cc3b3d

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 04:22:38 PM »

I have not been deceived. I am probably one of the most leading authorities on the Holy Spirit today.

If you do say so yourself, eigh?

If you knew the Holy Spirit, you would know that He does not speak on His own authority. Meaning, He does not speak with His own voice and could not possibly be tested the way you have indicated. That test is for familiar spirits and not God, the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever tried a spirit yourself?

I personally have never been called to it. However two of my ministry partners have had extensive experience with delivering folks from unclean spirits and instructing others on the matter. Later in life Ellis logged about 8,000 hours on line helping those afflicted by MPD find their way back to their mono-minds through the power of the Holy Spirit.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=31.0

I did have one up close and personal experience with unclean spirits and what appeared to be a demon though.
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/man_of_sin_revealed.htm

Do you have any experience with the spirit world? Just how I would not have an inexperienced mechanic diagnose my car, neither would I allow someone without experience to determine whether my interpretations are correct or not. If you have no experience, you are not qualified to make such determinations. Without experience, all you have is book knowledge. Book knowledge falls short of real life experience with book knowledge.

I couldn't agree more in regard to delivering people from spirits and demons.
Please review what you gave me to go on, prior to your pulling this rabbit out of the hat. Some guy floating around the Internet that calls himself a Catholic "mystic", posting what you claim are photographs and videos of the Holy Spirit while citing unscriptural unsound Roman Church doctrine, so....... well....... how did you expect to be received? "Oh, gee, I've never seen a photograph of the Holy Spirit before! Thanks!"? What on earth reason for posting those photos and idolatrous images anyway?

And if you have no experience, you have no authority on this subject. Let us not be like the big-headed........

"I am probably one of the most leading authorities on the Holy Spirit today."

.......enemy  and pretend we are more than we are or something we are not.

So how can a Roman Catholic be as experienced as you claim to be and not be familiar with the doctrine of Apostolic succession?

Child of God

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
I am not pretending to be something I am not. I was being modest. I am probably one of the most leading authorities on the Holy Spirit in the entire world today.  :)

I do not expect you to be able to identify the Holy Spirit.

Images are not idolatrous. Worshipping images is. This is what God forbids. The Catholic Church does not worship images. Nor do I.

My interest is in those of heaven and not so much the Church.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:14:24 PM by Child of God »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »
I am not pretending to be something I am not. I was being modest. I am probably one of the most leading authorities on the Holy Spirit in the entire world today.  :)

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

So perhaps it's the familiar spirits that informed you that you are "probably one of the most leading authorities on the Holy Spirit in the entire world", or do you just presume that because you know everybody in the world?
How many guys do you suppose are running around out there claiming they have photographs and videos of the Holy Spirit?

I do not expect you to be able to identify the Holy Spirit.

The Christians in this forum are filled with the Holy Spirit, so we don't feel any need to seek after a sign as an evil and adulterous generation of men do. Fulfilled prophecy and the mathematical precision thereof, are plenty more than enough evidence.
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/mathematical_precision_of_prophecy.htm
Even if it were a photo of the Holy Spirit, you would be wasting your time with it in here, and elsewhere likely doing more to discourage seekers from beginning a life in Christ with an intro like yours.

Images are not idolatrous. Worshipping images is. This is what God forbids. The Catholic Church does not worship images. Nor do I.

Of course Muslims make the same claim - that they don't worship the (Quraish pagan's) black stone (idol) - even as Muslims are obligated to travel to that black stone and march around it seven times (as the Arabian pagan's did) and kiss it (as Muhammad did) or at least point to that black stone idol on each trip around, venerating that stone idol as representing their "Allah", just as the Arabian pagans did.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=1050.0

So who are the fellows in this photo kneeling and praying to before their object of worship?

My interest is in those of heaven and not so much the Church.

Then why would you choose to associate yourself with the bondage of the many heresies and denigration of Jews, of the Roman Church, if your interest is "not so much the Church"?

If your interest is "in those of heaven" then why post images of them made by artists that never even saw them?

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above.....

Particularly the usually, specifically, counter-gospel images of Jesus.

1Co 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

So how can a Roman Catholic be as experienced as you claim to be and not be familiar with the doctrine of Apostolic succession?