Author Topic: Saved Roman Catholics  (Read 3049 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Saved Roman Catholics
« on: July 27, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
Please don't get the impression that I don't believe there are regenerate Christians within the Roman Catholic Church. Indeed I know at least one Irish Catholic quite well whom I consider to be my best friend, that I believe to be one of the most regenerate people that I know. However, I believe those Roman Catholics are saved in spite of the Roman Catholic Church, rather than because of it. The second and third chapters of Revelation describe regenerate individuals even within the worst of churches.

Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. 15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].  

What's the overcoming about? Isn't it about overcoming unsound doctrine?

Nicolaitan - nico (victory)
(over) laitans (people - laity)

1Peter 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 Neither as being lords over [God's] heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Saved Roman Catholics
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
bump