Author Topic: Could God Do That?  (Read 26583 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Could God Do That?
« on: October 26, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
If God decided to manifest Himself in the flesh of a human being - as a person - and buy the house next door to you and move in, and become your neighbor, and appear to you just like any other neighbor, could He?

If He chose to do the very same thing, next door to a Chinese person, an Indian, and a European, all at the same time that He was living next door to you, and carry on 4 simultaneous conversations with the 4 of you, in 4 different languages all at the same time, could He?

If God wanted to do that, would God be able to do that?

[edit addition on 1-23-2015: God not only manifest Himself as a man in the person of Jesus Christ, but God also manifest Himself as a man to Abraham. Even took Abraham up on his offer to fetch water to wash His feet with as well as Abraham's offer of food:

Genesis 18:1 And the LORD {Yehovah} appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.....
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/god_manifest_flesh.htm [end edit]

Mujaheed

• View Profile
Re: Could God Do That?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
Mujaheed (I'll remove this personalization after you reply), If God decided that he wanted to create a human being, in order for Him to personally dwell on the earth in the flesh of that human being - as that person - and then buy the house next door to you and move in, and become your neighbor, and appear to you just like any other neighbor, could He?

If He chose to do the very same thing, next door to a Chinese person, an Indian, and a European, all at the same time that He was living next door to you, and carry on 4 simultaneous conversations with the 4 of you, in 4 different languages, could He?

If God wanted to do that, would God be able to do that?

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD right? so why become a man to talk to you, would you know that it is GOD talking to you? IF GOD TELLS YOU HE IS GOD then there is absolutely no need for faith or belief as we would now know there is a god like we know there is a sun.

The very notion of faith and trust in god disappears immediately. What would be left? absolute obedience, you would have absolutely no excuse to break a single law of god, only Satan would say after that that there is no more laws. THE LAWS GIVE YOU A STANDARD, does it not?

THE COMMAND OF GOD LIVES INSIDE OF YOU ALREADY, THE RUH (spirit is a mistranslation/ or bad one) IS THE COMAND OF GOD. We choose to nurture or neglect that command by folowing or rejecting the commands of THE GOD.

everything comes into existence through "be and it is done" (a very crude translation from the arabic) you call it the word and "the word was made flesh", in real term it makes more sense if it is "the word was made to dwell in the flesh", that is why THE GOD sent the scripture to guide that very Ruh (SPIRIT) as it will return one day to its creator.

THE FIRST COMMAND FOR THE RUH IS THE RECOGNITION OF THE CREATOR. HEAR YE O ISRAEL YOUR LORD GOD IS ONE.

It is absurd to think that THE GOD needs to inhabit? beget ? become a man? (would that make the man a god or does it make god a man, either way it is a very roman/greek pagan pholosophy)

It is an absurdity to suggest that GOD came to earth to live next door to man when the THE GOD already has power over all things and why interfere with your freewill? that means THE GOD is unfair! why select who to engage with and who not to, it would be every human beings right to meet the man-god would it not?

I would feel very cheated if God appears before a select few and offer them his love and offers me a ghost, bad deal favoring whores and sinners and adulterers  and appearing before your own killers, and not me a believer?

I don't want the SPIRIT PART for ALL SPIRITS ARE NOT OF GOD THE BIBLE SAYS!!!

YOU NOW HAVE A MAJOR DILEMA. don't you Peter

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD right?

I agree.

It is absurd to think that THE GOD needs to inhabit?

No it is absurd for a man to think that God NEEDS anything.

beget ? become a man? (would that make the man a god or does it make god a man, either way it is a very roman/greek pagan pholosophy)

If God chose to manifest Himself as your next door neighbor, would that make Him any less God?

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
It is absurd to think that THE GOD needs to inhabit?

No it is absurd for a man to think that God NEEDS anything.

beget ? become a man? (would that make the man a god or does it make god a man, either way it is a very roman/greek pagan pholosophy)

If God chose to manifest Himself as your next door neighbor, would that make Him any less God?

More importantly to me is would he tell me he is god?

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »
If God, in the person of your next door neighbor, simply told you that He was God, do you think you would believe Him?

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
If God, as your next door neighbor, simply told you He was God, do you think you would believe Him?

Definitely not, NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD....and besides that I have been warned that the GOD OF THIS WORLD IS SATAN.

Matthew 4:8-9
The devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee.
Luke 4:5-7
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee.
John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh.
John 16:11
Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not.

AND I DONT WANT TO CHASTISED OR HURT

Hebrews
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.      (12:6)
"Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."
Do bad things happen to good people?
12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.        (12:8)
"If ye be without chastisement ... then are ye bastards."
God always hurts the ones he loves. And if God doesn't hurt you, you are a bastard, not a son.
12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »
If God, as your next door neighbor, simply told you He was God, do you think you would believe Him?

Definitely not, NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD....

That's the whole point. You would be seeing God manifest, or revealed, through the person of your next door neighbor. Some Jews reacted just the same way you would have.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »

That's the whole point. You would be seeing God manifest, or revealed, through the person of your next door neighbor. Some Jews reacted just the same way you would have.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I
am
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:

I WOULD NOT STONE HIM, THE JEW KILLS EVERYONE, SO ITS NOT REALLY GOD IS IT IF IT IS ONLY MANIFESTATION (DONT YOU MEAN CREATION OF GOD?) THE NOTION IS ABSURD AND YOU KNOW IT.

SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, ITS NOT GOD IN THE REAL SENSE OF THE WORD, ITS A MANIFESTATION, IN THAT CASE WE ARE ALL LIKE JESUS ACCORDING TO YOU WE ALL HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT IN US, SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? WE ARE ALL GODS? HOW ARROGANT CAN YOU BE!!

CAN GOD NOT SEE ME FROM HEAVEN< CAN GOD NOT HEAR ME< CAN GOD NOT COMMUNICATE WITH ME FROM HEAVEN AND DOES GOD NOT KNOW EXACTLY HOW I FEEL, DID GOD NOT SEND THOUSANDS OF PROPHETS WITH HIS WORD, SO WHY YOUR ABSURD NEED FOR A MANIFESTATION, LIKE A SIGN OR A PROOF OF GODS EXISTENCE

YOU WOULD DESTROY FAITH AND BELIEF AND EVERYTHING THAT IS NEEDED BY A HUMAN BEING FOR HIS OWN SALVATION,

THERE WOULD BE NO BELIEF, IF ONE KNOWS THERE IS A GOD LIKE YOU KNOW THERE IS A SUN, YOU SEE IT OR THE VERY PROOF OF IT, THEN BELIEF IS NULLIFIED. THEN ONLY THE LAW WOULD BE LEFT.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »
1. How could Jesus proclaim in the 1st century, that He was before Abraham?
2. Why did those Jews want to stone Him for His proclamation?

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 03:31:48 AM »

yes where does he make and unambiguous statement? tell me what does I AM mean?
DOES IT MEAN :I EXISTED or does it mean I am GOD

DID JEWISH SCRIBES NOT LEAVE OUT THE NAME OF GOD AS IT COULD NOT BE PRONOUNCE BY COMMON FOLK?

So "I AM" means what?

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »

DID JEWISH SCRIBES NOT LEAVE OUT THE NAME OF GOD AS IT COULD NOT BE PRONOUNCE BY COMMON FOLK?

So "I AM" means what?

"I AM"  is God's name.

Exd 3:13 ¶ And Moses said unto God, Behold, [when] I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What [is] his name? what shall I say unto them? 

Exd 3:14   And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 

Exd 3:15   And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this [is] my name for ever, and this [is] my memorial unto all generations. 

Unfortunately the Jews were so afraid of blaspheming God's name by uttering it with their human tongues they replaced His name with YHWH and later it was rendered LORD. Anytime you see LORD in all caps like that in the Bible it is a place marker for Yahweh or IAMTHATIAM. God, El, Elohym are words for WHAT God is. Yahweh is the name of God or WHO HE is.
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:58 AM »

So "I AM" means what?

No more obfuscating Mujaheed please answer directly and succinctly to that which you quote. Stay on topic.

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »

So "I AM" means what?

No more obfuscating Mujaheed please answer directly and succinctly to that which you quote. Stay on topic.

I AM ASKING YOU WHAT IT MEANS,

DOES IT MEAN I AM? OR DOES IT MEAN GOD?

MY Understanding is that I AM am standing before Abraham, or by Abraham's words that GOD IS ONE! the line does not say I WAS BORN OR I EXISTED BEFORE ABRAHAM, DOES IT.

WHAT DOES  before everything I AM WHAT I AM MEAN? THAT I EXISTED BFORE EVRYTHING ELSE OR THAT it could mean in front of ABRAHAM I exist as a Prophet like him. I am in front of (before) Abraham, OR I SWEAR BY ABRAHAM I AM A PROPHET OF GOD, I did not get to finish my sentence as you started to misunderstand and stone me?

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 09:18:17 AM »

So "I AM" means what?

MY Understanding is that I AM am standing before Abraham, or by Abraham's words that GOD IS ONE! the line does not say I WAS BORN OR I EXISTED BEFORE ABRAHAM, DOES IT.

WHAT DOES  before everything I AM WHAT I AM MEAN? THAT I EXISTED BFORE EVRYTHING ELSE OR THAT it could mean in front of ABRAHAM I exist as a Prophet like him. I am in front of (before) Abraham, OR I SWEAR BY ABRAHAM I AM A PROPHET OF GOD, I did not get to finish my sentence as you started to misunderstand and stone me?

"I AM" implies self-existence and sustanance. That He exists of His own will. Not created. More importantly though to the Jews refering to yourself as "I AM" would be an overt claim to being the One True Living God. Since the Pharisees were asking how Jesus knew things about Abraham they did not Jesus told them because He existed before Abraham and by using that specific name claimed to be the Creator.
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »

"I AM" implies self-existence and sustanance. That He exists of His own will. Not created. More importantly though to the Jews refering to yourself as "I AM" would be an overt claim to being the One True Living God. Since the Pharisees were asking how Jesus knew things about Abraham they did not Jesus told them because He existed before Abraham and by using that specific name claimed to be the Creator.
[/quote]

SO ACCORDING TO YOU JESUS IS GOD? and he did not need any sustenance (he never ate food) he brought himself into the world by his own accord with no Mother or Spirit? Was not sustained in the womb by natural consequence of pregnancy?

DID NOT ENDURE INSULTS AND PERSECUTION AND STONING? WHAT DO THINK THE PENALTY IS FOR STONING "I AM"?

The only one that uttered I AM and was cursed by ALLAH (THE GOD) is SATAN, Satan uttered those words to THE GOD " I AM better than man and GOD cursed him for his pride and ignorance as MAN WAS MADE IN THE BEST OF MOULDS "THE IMAGE OF THE GOD".

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »

So "I AM" means what?

WHAT DOES  before everything I AM WHAT I AM MEAN?

It is a declaration of Jesus' divinity. Otherwise there could be no other way that He could have been before Abraham. That's why the Jews wanted to stone Him. You stone Him yourself, just as the Jews desired, and crucify Him all over again by rejecting the Gospel to follow Mohammed.

THAT I EXISTED BFORE EVRYTHING ELSE OR THAT it could mean in front of ABRAHAM I exist as a Prophet like him. I am in front of (before) Abraham, OR I SWEAR BY ABRAHAM I AM A PROPHET OF GOD, I did not get to finish my sentence as you started to misunderstand and stone me?

John 10:30 I and [my] Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

That "one" in the Koine Greek neuter gender means of one essence. That's why the Jews wanted to stone Him again. There is a whole section devoted to Jesus' divinity. If you have a genuine interest in learning about it I recommend you thoroughly explore it since your post indicates complete unfamiliarity with it. There is no need to repeat those threads here.

The purpose of this thread was to open your eyes to the fact that God is without limitation. While at the same time your view of Him is limited to what could be conceived by the child-like mind, of a single, 7th century desert dwelling illiterate.

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »

So "I AM" means what?

WHAT DOES  before everything I AM WHAT I AM MEAN?

It is a declaration of Jesus' divinity. Otherwise there could be no other way that He could have been before Abraham. That's why the Jews wanted to stone Him. You stone Him yourself, just as the Jews desired, and crucify Him all over again.

THAT I EXISTED BFORE EVRYTHING ELSE OR THAT it could mean in front of ABRAHAM I exist as a Prophet like him. I am in front of (before) Abraham, OR I SWEAR BY ABRAHAM I AM A PROPHET OF GOD, I did not get to finish my sentence as you started to misunderstand and stone me?

John 10:30 I and [my] Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

That "one" in the Koine Greek neuter gender means of one essence. That's why the Jews wanted to stone Him again. There is a whole section devoted to Jesus' divinity. If you have a genuine interest in learning about it I recommend you thoroughly explore it since your post indicates complete unfamiliarity with it. There is no need to repeat those threads here.

The purpose of this thread was to open your eyes to the fact that God is without limitation. While at the same time your view of Him is limited to what could be conceived by the child-like mind, of a single, 7th century desert dwelling illiterate.

I am not unfamiliar with it I attended a school that compelled BIBLE STUDIES from the age of 7, and the priests could not answer any questions more than you can in this forum. Your speculation is not even your own.

I have been looking at the subject for almost 49 years and the more I look at it the more the evidence mounts up to the fact that It was nothing but conjecture on the part of Scholars of the BIBLE who wrote from their own opinions in Rome at a time that the needed a political solution to a religious problem.

RELIGION of ISIS was favored by the woman (VIRGIN BIRTH AND chastity)
Religion of Mithra (favored by the Roman soldiers coming from Persia. (MITHRA was born on the 25 of December)
Combine these religions and you have the NT.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 09:45:53 AM »
I am not unfamiliar with it I attended a school that compelled BIBLE STUDIES from the age of 7, and the priests could not answer any questions.........

If that's a reference to Roman Catholic priests it's no wonder and perhaps helps us understand how you got where you are. Please browse the Roman Catholic section. There are lots of parallels between Roman Catholicism and Islam.

.......  more than you can in this forum. Your speculation is not even your own.

I have been looking at the subject for almost 49 years and the more I look at it the more the evidence mounts up to the fact that It was nothing but conjecture on the part of Scholars of the BIBLE who wrote from their own opinions in Rome at a time that the needed a political solution to a religious problem.

You can't pretend that you have an interest in other than conjecture, when you believe 7th and 8th century created, Mohammedan historical fiction.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=1912.0

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
Religion of Mithra (favored by the Roman soldiers coming from Persia. (MITHRA was born on the 25 of December)

Mohammed lifted Jesus' virgin birth from Scripture. So if you are announcing that you are turning atheist or agnostic, then perhaps it's a step in the right direction. No shortage of Mohammed's followers stop off there before seeking the love of Yeshua.

Regarding pagaism that was brought into the institutional "church" - particularly the extra/non scriptural heresies that were brought into Roman Catholicism - I highly recommend the book "Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola. Doesn't go all that easy on the protestant "church" either.
I have some things to take care of so I will be back later. If you try another blizzard of non-responsive posts they will wind up with the rest. Don't you find this chat preferable?

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »

Sorry but the centrality of Mary is an RCC doctrine not scriptural. Secondly the Religion of Mithra did not include any set date for his birth and even if it did the Bible does not give the date of Jesus' birth and it isn't required to celebrate it. Furthermore your assertion would seem that you are doubting Jesus' virgin birth. Is this the case?

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »

SO ACCORDING TO YOU JESUS IS GOD? and he did not need any sustenance (he never ate food) he brought himself into the world by his own accord with no Mother or Spirit? Was not sustained in the womb by natural consequence of pregnancy?

DID NOT ENDURE INSULTS AND PERSECUTION AND STONING? WHAT DO THINK THE PENALTY IS FOR STONING "I AM"?

The only one that uttered I AM and was cursed by ALLAH (THE GOD) is SATAN, Satan uttered those words to THE GOD " I AM better than man and GOD cursed him for his pride and ignorance as MAN WAS MADE IN THE BEST OF MOULDS "THE IMAGE OF THE GOD".

Did his body need sustenace? Certainly but as He showed on Calvary morning He had authority over death and did not need anything to sustain His being? Are you not more than flesh and blood? Your soul needs sustenace from God to exist but Jesus was the very Spirit of God in flesh and His Spirit needs no sustenace as He demonstrated when He raised His body from the dead.

Mujaheed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »

Did his body need sustenace? Certainly but as He showed on Calvary morning He had authority over death and did not need anything to sustain His being? Are you not more than flesh and blood? Your soul needs sustenace from God to exist but Jesus was the very Spirit of God in flesh and His Spirit needs no sustenace as He demonstrated when He raised His body from the dead.

you did say self sustaining? so what is he either needed food like everyone else which implies he needed the bathroom like everyone else

I know I am holding a Spirit inside of me, my spirit (RUH) came through the union of a mother and father, Prophet Adam's (PBUH) Spirit was place there directly by God and The Prophet Jesus (PBUH) spirit was sent with the Angel Gabriel. These are signs for believing men and women not debating points for Pagan worshipping or confusion for those prone to conjecture and opinions. It is in conformity with the entire BIBLE. The scribes and pharisees dont say anything clearly they let you draw conclusions by upper and lower case use that did not exist, in the language of the Scriptures.

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 10:39:10 AM »

you did say self sustaining? so what is he either needed food like everyone else which implies he needed the bathroom like everyone else

I know I am holding a Spirit inside of me, my spirit (RUH) came through the union of a mother and father, Prophet Adam's (PBUH) Spirit was place there directly by God and The Prophet Jesus (PBUH) spirit was sent with the Angel Gabriel. These are signs for believing men and women not debating points for Pagan worshipping or confusion for those prone to conjecture and opinions. It is in conformity with the entire BIBLE. The scribes and pharisees dont say anything clearly they let you draw conclusions by upper and lower case use that did not exist, in the language of the Scriptures.

Everyone's spirit came from God. Noone but He can create a spirit. Which is just my point. Jesus' Spirit is the very Spirit of God. It sustains itself. If God should choose to dwell in flesh He can. simple as that. Furthermore Jesus' sacrafice would have meant little if He had not allowed the limitations of the flesh to have affected him. If you cannot feel hunger does fasting really mean anything? So if Jesus' body could not feel pain or death then what would His sacrafice have meant to us?

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »

Sorry but the centrality of Mary is an RCC doctrine not scriptural. Secondly the Religion of Mithra did not include any set date for his birth and even if it did the Bible does not give the date of Jesus' birth and it isn't required to celebrate it. Furthermore your assertion would seem that you are doubting Jesus' virgin birth. Is this the case?

Mohammed branded his own style of Marianism lifted from the Roman Church. Another parallel.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=512.0

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »

You wouldn't be seeing God, but seeing God as he chose to reveal Himself to you, as your next door neighbor.
You would be seeing that neighbor.
In the Old Testament God revealed Himself to Moses speaking through a burning bush, for example.
Another time God manifest Himself alongside 3 guys in an oven.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=615.0

So if God wanted to inhabit the flesh of a man, and move in next door to you, God would be without limit to do that, wouldn't He?

....and besides that I have been warned that the GOD OF THIS WORLD IS SATAN.