Author Topic: Nabi Sulaymaan - King Solomon - as another fable of Islam  (Read 5345 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Nabi Sulaymaan - King Solomon - as another fable of Islam
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:14:30 AM »
Much more on this link to BrotherPete.com

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/33315417

Nabi Sulaymaan

SULAIMAN AS A PROPHET Nabi Sulaiman was chosen the Prophet after his father died. He was given the special gift of wisdom from ALLAH (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) where he could judge (21:79) between people in a just and fair manner. He was also given the gift of understanding as well as talk to all the plants, birds (27:16), animals, insects, wind and even the jinns (27:17- unseen creations) and Satan, the devil (38:37). He was given this gift so that he could protect and be very careful in treating all the animals and insects correctly. He also had the extraordinary gift of talking to the plants to learn what benefit and cures they carried for the human beings and animals that needed medical help. His special power of controlling the wind (21:81 &34:12) enabled him to travel very quickly and at great speed. His ability to communicate with the Jinn was to make use their labour force in working (34:13). He even used the Satans for buiding and diving into the deepest seas for its treasures.

THE PLIGHT OF THE ANTS One day when Nabi Sulaiman (alayhis salaam) and his army reached a valley on their way to fight their enemy he heard a tiny ant cry out, “O you ants, hurry seek shelter, hide, the soldiers are coming this way. Quickly take cover or they will trample you to death(27:18).” When he heard these cries of warning from the tiny ant he stopped his army and asked his men to be very careful not to kill the tiny ants. He smiled at the wisdom of this ant and thanked (27:15) his Creator for this special favour that has been bestowed on him (27:19). He did not proceed any further. He turned around and headed home to save lives as well as save the weakest of creatures.

QUEEN BILQEES Our Glorious Qur'an gives us another example of the gratitude of Nabi Sulaiman (alayhis salaam) when it quotes the incident of the Queen of Saba (27:15 to 44). Queen Bilqees (Sheba) lived in the land of Saba, which is now know as Yemen, in the southern part of Arabia. One day a hoopoe bird belonging to Nabi Sulaiman (alayhis salaam) disappeared for a while only to return and said to Nabi. “I have been to a place where you have never been. I have visited the land of Saba and found Queen Bilqees. She is beautiful, very rich, has a huge army and has the most magnificent throne in her palace. However, I also saw her and her people, the Sabaeans, praying to the sun.” As the hoopoe was pious and righteous he ended his message with the following prayer, “Allah-there is no god but HE –Lord of the throne, Supreme. (27:26).”

Nabi Sulaiman was at first irritated with the long absence of the hoopoe bird as well as the truth in what the bird was saying. He knew that he had to convince Queen Bilqees to believe in the ONE GOD. He said, “Take this letter to Queen Bilqees and wait for their reply. The answer will indicate to me if what you are telling me is the truth.”

When the Queen received the letter she called her chiefs together to asked them for their advice and to make a recommendation. Her council had the greatest confidence in her asked her to decide, as they will be ready to follow. The queen realised that a wise decision is necessary as war will be very destructive, spoiling the comforts of the people and also turning the best and noblest people into the meanest ones (27:34). She decided instead to sent the Nabi gifts and presents so that they could have a better understanding and cooperate with one another.

When the ambassadors presented these gifts to Nabi Sulaiman (alayhis salaam) he said, “Will ypou give me abdunce in wealth? That which ALLAH has given me is better than that which HE has given you. No thank you. It is you who should rejoice in my gift of worshipping ONE GOD (27:36).” He also warned the ambassadors to inform their Queen that she will be embarrassed, disgraced and humiliated by his most powerful army if she does not accept the message of ONE GOD.

When they left for Saba the Nabi asked his men, “Who can bring me her throne before she comes to me to submit to ALLAH (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala). A powerful and huge Jinn replied, “I will bring it to you in an instant, before you rise from your council (27:39). I will bring it to you within the second glance as I have knowledge of the power of the Creator.” When the Nabi looked again he saw that the throne infront of him and said, “Alhamdoelillah by the grace of GOD I am pleased and also very grateful to our Lord for this.” He even asked the Jinn to disguise her throne so that she could not recognise it unless she has the right knowledge.

When she arrived she was asked, “Is this your throne?” She replied, “It seems the same.” She was asked to enter the lofty palace of the believer. She pulled up her dress over her ankles as she thought that she was going to walk through water. But when she realised it was not water she said, “This is but a palace paved with slabs of glass. It is so simple to be deceived by what we see. O my Lord I have indeed wronged my soul. I do now submit like Nabi Sulaiman (alayhis salaam) to the belief in ONE GOD, the Lord of worlds.”

Nabi Sulaiman ruled for 39 years and died at the age of 89 years. He was buried near the tomb of his father.

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Nabi Sulaymaan - King Solomon - as another fable of Islam
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:27:53 AM »
I thought this was from some obscure Islamic writings. I was surprised to find that it is in the Quran. Indeed the whole chapter is titled "The Ant(s)"!
AL-NAML (THE ANT, THE ANTS)
http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/027.qmt.html

A good alternate title might be "Muhammad's Prophet Dolittle"

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Nabi Sulaymaan - King Solomon - as another fable of Islam
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
It gets even better, from "Islamic Knowledge.org":

"The Real Flying Carpet

Among what the devils made for Prophet Solomon was a wide, carpet-like, wooden platform covered with gold and silk. This platform was big enough to carry humans, castles and other buildings, tents, supplies, horses, camels, and other animals. In the middle of it was a place for Prophet Solomon to sit. Around Prophet Solomon the pious people sat on golden chairs. Around them there were silver chairs for the scholars. The other people and jinn sat around the scholars.

Despite the vastness of the reign of Prophet Solomon, he fought in person for the sake of spreading the Religion. Prophet Solomon was constantly battling the blasphemers to spread Islam, teaching that God was the only God, without partners.

God subjugated the wind to Solomon. The flying carpet carried him, taking Solomon wherever he wanted. If he wanted to travel or fight an enemy, the carpet would be loaded with all that an army needs. Then a special wind that was designated by God to obey Prophet Solomon would come under the carpet, raising the carpet into the sky. This wind would be as gentle as a breeze, carrying Prophet Solomon and his army to their destination.

If Prophet Solomon wanted to travel faster, he would ask for a stronger wind, and it would come. This carpet had an amazing speed covering what was normally a one-month traveling distance in less than five hours. They would get to a place in the morning, and be back at home in the afternoon. Birds flew over them shading, and protecting them from the harmful sunrays."

The giant flying carpet tale is confirmed by the Imam at the 15:45 mark in the video at this link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ophrOH4CFsg
In another version Solomon is described as being carried underneath the mat.