Author Topic: "Allah can do anything but he didnt become a man"  (Read 4548 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
"Allah can do anything but he didnt become a man"
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:27:02 PM »
This thread is locked to avoid redundant posting.
A more clear cut and consolidated version of this subject, and forum discussion, can be accessed at this link.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=2358.0

When Muslims reject the Sonship of the Messiah, as He is also prophesied in the Old Testament, they often do it through blasphemous declarations in which they assign to God what He can and can't do. They declare these limitations on God solely because they are compelled to put God in a box the size that ONE illiterate 7th century SW Arabian desert dweller could conceive, and by Mohammed they reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well as the blood that would save them.

Well there's no question that Mohammed's alter-ego "Allah" could never manifest, or reveal, himself as a man but what about YHWH?
"Well.... Allah can't eat like a man!"
Certainly Mohammed's "Allah" can't but how might Abraham weigh in on the matter?
http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=18&v=1&t=KJV#top

Genesis 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

And the LORD
Old Testament Hebrew Definition:
03068 Y@hovah {yeh-ho-vaw'}
from 01961; TWOT - 484a; n pr dei
AV - LORD 6510, GOD 4, JEHOVAH 4, variant 1; 6519
Jehovah = "the existing One"
1) the proper name of the one true God
1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of 0136

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw [them], he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

My Lord
0136 'Adonay {ad-o-noy'}
am emphatic form of 0113; TWOT - 27b; n m
AV - Lord 431, lord 2, God 1; 434
1) my lord, lord
1a) of men
1b) of God
2) Lord - title, spoken in place of Yahweh in Jewish display of reverence

4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

Getting ready to dine too.

Gen 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set [it] before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

And dine they did!

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Allah can't manifest, or reveal, Himself as a man
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »
I presented the above to a Mohammedan YouTuber - even with Strong's definitions - and he replied.

[[[[bro you twisted the whole bible.no jew would ever utter that abraham spoke to god in the form of a man and especially not a scholar. your interpretation is based on fantasy not fact.]]]]

So then why don't you tell me just who that was who came, and ate bread in front of Abraham, that Abraham called God?

Gen 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set [it] before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Who was that who told Abraham that Sarah would have a son? How did the man that Abraham called God know that?

Gen 18:10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard [it] in the tent door, which [was] behind him.

Sarah overheard it and laughed to herself because she thought herself too old to have a son.

12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

And what did the man that Abraham called God say?

13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

Sarah scoffed at YHWH's words just as Satan through Mohammed makes you do.
So then what did this man that Abraham called God say next about Himself?

14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

for the LORD

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=18&v=1&t=KJV#top

"Is anything too hard for the LORD?"
As you admit it certainly is for Mohammed's alter-ego "Allah", but nothing is too hard for my great God YHWH.

But should we be surprised that you sought to find comfort in those that don't yet recognize Yeshua as their Messiah? Of course not! Muslims, as Jews, reject Yeshua.
While Jews may remain sovereignly blinded to the Messiah, Satan fooled Mohammed's followers into rejecting Him. Many I have conversations with also turn to atheist's materials to blaspheme YHWH and His Word too.

But hey, why follow YHWH when you prefer to blaspheme Him through the father of lies who the Arabian pagans called "Allah" and his prophet Mohammed?
Why follow YHWH when you prefer fables from Mohammed and his boys about his flying donkey-mules, talking ants, hoopoe birds, miracles like babies from blood clots, sun setting in mud, and birds that stone armies to their obliteration.
Why follow YHWH when it is so much fun to march around the pagan's kaaba 7 times and kiss their black stone idol, and run back and forth in the Saee like the jinn worshipers did! All in good fun eigh? Well it may be fun now but....

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where THE BEAST and THE FALSE PROPHET [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

(Followed with another PM)

Gen 18:22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. 23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that [are] therein? 25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

So tell me, who was the man that Abraham called God? Some other "Judge of the earth"?

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
[[[[[didnt the angel come to mary and tell her she would have a son? yes. he came in the form of a man. common sense. and that was also an angel that came to abraham in the form of a man. so as you can see,GOD does not change. because he also sent the angel to sarah and told her she would have a son. that makes more more sense,and the jews confirm this. like i said its pure fantasy that you would think GOD came into a form of man. and yes abraham spoke to GOD,and it is confirmed in quran,but that was through a veil or tent of some sort,it was not literally face to face. stop fantasizing. you realize you just confirmed that it was an angel that came to sarah and told her about her pregnancy,because it is the axact same thing with the wife of Zachariah and the mother of jesus. an angel came to all of them. it was the angel gabrial that came to them to deliver the good news like he always does. and he comes in the form of a man. common sense,bro. who is teaching you the bible?]]]]]

[[[[anywhere i stand is before the lord.common sense. and drew near" means in supplication asking GOD to have mercy on the believers. not literally next to GOD. wow! how do you read into the bible passages so literally? pay attention to the text. now i can see why you think the quran says the sun went in murky water" you took it literally. you suck as an interpreter and you dont know whats metaphorical or reality. your judgment is way off. you should learn from a muslim or jewish scholar,because they are the best in interpretation of your bible.]]]]]

In reply....

[[[[ didnt the angel come to mary and tell her she would have a son?]]]]]

Irrelevant

[[[[[[ yes. he came in the form of a man.]]]]

From where do you draw that conclusion?

[[[[[ common sense. .......]]]]

You've made it abundantly clear that is dangerous ground for you. Just look at what it did to your exegesis.
Why don't you try a little study instead?

[[[[[...... and that was also an angel .......]]]]]

Where is the term "angel" used in Genesis 18? It isn't.
Why are you adding another element to Gen 18 that isn't there?
We both know why. The typical smoke screen of Mohammedan obfuscation through irrelevancy. The typical effort to bury the truth in a blizzard of words.

That's A MESSENGER FROM God.

the angel
New Testament Greek Definition:
32 aggelos {ang'-el-os}
from aggello [probably derived from 71, cf 34] (to bring tidings);
TDNT - 1:74,12; n m
AV - angel 179, messenger 7; 186
1) a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger
from God

Now consider both elements in the Hebrew.

Genesis 22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here [am] I.

Does that verse make it sound like that angel is in the form of a man? Where's he calling out from?

And the angel
04397 mal'ak {mal-awk'}
from an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy; TWOT - 1068a; n m
AV - angel 111, messenger 98, ambassadors 4, variant 1; 214
1) messenger, representative
1a) messenger
1b) angel
1c) the theophanic angel

NOT named JEHOVAH!!! - A MESSENGER FROM, FROM, FROM, JEHOVAH.

of the LORD

[[[[[....... that came to abraham in the form of a man.]]]]]

Why is the man in Gen 18 known as "JEHOVAH"?

25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

What angel has the authority to do that?

I received no further replies from the YouTuber for obvious reasons. Another blizzard of empty words and unrelated content would not hide the truth any better than his second attempt then it did his first attempt.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »
The whole chapter here

Genesis 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;   2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw [them], he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,   3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:   4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:   5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. {comfort: Heb. stay} {are...: Heb. you have passed}   6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead [it], and make cakes upon the hearth. {Make ready...: Heb. Hasten}   7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave [it] unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.   8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set [it] before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.   9 And they said unto him, Where [is] Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.   10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard [it] in the tent door, which [was] behind him.   11 Now Abraham and Sarah [were] old [and] well stricken in age; [and] it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.   12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?   13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?   14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.   15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.   16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.   17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;   18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?   19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.   20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;   21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.   22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.   23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?   24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that [are] therein?   25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?   26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.   27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which [am but] dust and ashes:   28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for [lack of] five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy [it].   29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do [it] for forty's sake.   30 And he said [unto him], Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do [it], if I find thirty there.   31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy [it] for twenty's sake.   32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy [it] for ten's sake.   33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:50:38 AM »
From the Torah from a rabidly anti-christian site.

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8213

1. Now the Lord appeared to him in the plains of Mamre and he was sitting at the entrance of the tent when the day was hot         
א. וַיֵּרָא אֵלָיו יְ־הֹוָ־ה בְּאֵלֹנֵי מַמְרֵא וְהוּא יֹשֵׁב פֶּתַח הָאֹהֶל כְּחֹם הַיּוֹם:

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:34:24 PM »
Does this passage suggest that God turned into a man, and that somehow He wasn't God any more?
Well that's the kind of preposterous nonsense that Muslims suggest when they put so much effort into putting YHWH in a box the size that an illiterate 7th century Arabian desert dweller might have put Him in, when they say things regarding the crucifixion like "God can't die".

It wouldn't be a surprise if Jews too, might try to dance around the scripture, and for the same reason as Muslims. If they were to look at it plainly, Jehovah appearing plainly to Abraham as a man and even eating, then there would be no reason to believe that God didn't manifest or reveal Himself in the person of Jesus Christ.

Just like the Jews seem to do with the Christophany of Jesus appearing as the "Son of God" in an oven in the book of Daniel. They substitute the term "angel" in that verse, and turn right around and translate the same word as "son" just a few verses later.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=615.0

In the passage above, and in the New Testament, YHWH manifest or revealed Himself as a man.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

was manifest
New Testament Greek Definition:
5319 phaneroo {fan-er-o'-o}
from 5318; TDNT - 9:3,1244; v
AV - make manifest 19, appear 12, manifest 9, show 3, be manifest 2,
show (one's) self 2, manifestly declare 1, manifest forth 1; 49
1) to make manifest or visible or known what has been hidden or unknown,
to manifest, whether by words, or deeds, or in any other way
1a) make actual and visible, realised
1b) to make known by teaching
1c) to become manifest, be made known
1d) of a person