Author Topic: Moses wandering 40 years in the desert  (Read 2447 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Moses wandering 40 years in the desert
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »
Resisting did a post on this some time back and I seem to have lost it's location but thought it deserved a thread in this section.

Because of the vast volume of archaeological evidence that evermore confirms scripture as reliable record of ancient history, when it comes to the exodus folks want to suggest that it never happened, because of the absence of archaeological evidence to date. Why would God's people be surprised there is no archaeological evidence, when scripture tells us that even their clothing and shoes, didn't wear out?

Deu 8:4 Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.

Deu 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

Neh 9:21 Yea, forty years didst thou sustain them in the wilderness, [so that] they lacked nothing; their clothes waxed not old, and their feet swelled not.

If their clothing and shoes didn't even wear out, what would a group of people wandering in a desert leave behind, no matter how many years they were there? A used car lot? Why not simply trust in the Word?

Liberal "scholars" seize on this in an effort to support their ever-fading view, that the bible is little more than a collection of fictional stories, even as the archaeological evidence ever increasingly demonstrates that view to be false.
But their efforts shouldn't be a surprise.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.