Author Topic: An interesting view.......to say the least.  (Read 1935 times)

Aegis

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
An interesting view.......to say the least.
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »
Here is a link to a rather amusing article that attempts to argue that 2 Thessalonians 2:3 refers to the "rapture". The argument starts by claiming that the Greek word "apostasia", that is translated as "falling away" and "apostasy", should actually be translated as "departure"(I don't think I need to explain where it goes from there).

Everywhere I go, Premillenial Dispensationalism and  pretrib raptures. Some arguments are better than others but I have yet to run into one that acknowledges that the Church is taken at the "LAST TRUMPET".

Oh yes, I almost forgot. The last trumpet is also different from the 7th because the last trumpet is the trump of god and the 7th is only an angelic trumpet, apparently.

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: An interesting view.......to say the least.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »
Here is a link to a rather amusing article that attempts to argue that 2 Thessalonians 2:3 refers to the "rapture". The argument starts by claiming that the Greek word "apostasia", that is translated as "falling away" and "apostasy", should actually be translated as "departure"(I don't think I need to explain where it goes from there).

I had someone try to make that argument back when I haunted Christian forums. It's funny how readily other pre-tribbers will jump on board and "ya, ya, ya" the guy. Ah the power of self indoctrination.
I just did a web search and found that there has been a considerable amount of piling on since the last time I heard this.

Everywhere I go, Premillenial Dispensationalism and  pretrib raptures. Some arguments are better than others but I have yet to run into one that acknowledges that the Church is taken at the "LAST TRUMPET".

Oh yes, I almost forgot. The last trumpet is also different from the 7th because the last trumpet is the trump of god and the 7th is only an angelic trumpet, apparently.

Mike S

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:11 AM »

Every time I have brought up the "Last Trumpet" the other person responds,"That is a Levitical trumpet" or That is the last trumpet associated with a Feast". Huh? Paul was addressing Gentile Christians. who wouldn't have any experiential knowledge of Levitical trumpets, and there is no mention of a feast going on at the time Paul wrote to the church at Thessalonica.

Aegis

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 07:16:38 PM »
Indeed. It is unfortunate to see such contrived reasoning to justify an indefensible position. The worst part is that they have nothing to lose in considering a different view.