Author Topic: More Islamic Dissimulation - This One Claims the Quran confirms the Crucifixion  (Read 2569 times)

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Received this by email, more Islamic dissimulation or "taqiyyah". Amidst a bunch of other hogwash, this one claims the Quran confirms the crucifixion of Christ.
It is a hopeful sign that at least some of Muhammad's followers may be increasingly convicted by the false prophet Muhammad having proclaimed the exact opposite of the whole subject of the Gospel. Scroll down to point 3 so as not to waste your time:
Then to the third post:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=3889.msg15782#msg15782

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:01 AM, [redacted] <[redacted]@outlook.com> wrote:

Quran confirms Herbert W. Armstrong type Doctrines!

Years ago I was challenged over the Quran. I took up the challenge and studied some of its verses. Many surprises await people once they have a "key" to understand it--Allah is the God of Israel. In fact many of the writings in the Quran confirm Herbert W. Armstrong type doctrines. Mohammed has to confirm the Torah and Testimony to be considered to a true prophet of God (Isaiah 8:20).

1. Quran Upholds the Torah and Gospel

The Quran claims to be a "commentary on the Bible" without superseding its authority confirming the existing scriptures. The Quran agrees with the Torah and Gospel. The Quran upholds obeying and seeking the knowledge of the Torah for believers (see particularly Surah 5:43).

Surah 2:89, "And when there came to them, a book, Quran from God confirming what is with them (Torah) and the (Gospel)".

Surah 2:97, "This Quran...confirming what came before it Torah (Taurat) and the Gospel (Injeel) and guidance and glad tidings for the believers."

Surah 5:43, "But how do they come to you for decision while they have the Torah, in which is the plain decision of God, yet even after that, they turn away. For they are not really believers."

Surah 5:46, "And in their footsteps, "We sent Jesus (Isa), son of Miriam (Mary), confirming the Torah that had come down before him, and We gave Him the Gospel (Injeel)in which is guidance and light and confirmation of the Torah (Taurat) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for the godly (or pious)."

Surah 5:66, "And if only they had acted according to the Torah, and Gospel, and what has now been sent down to them from their Lord (the Quran)."

Surah 5:68, "O People of Scripture! You have nothing (as regards guidance) till you act according to the Torah, the Gospel, and what has now been sent down to you from your Lord (the Quran)."

Surah 7:171, "Hold firmly to what We have given you the Torah, and remember that which is therein (act on its commandments), so that you may fear God and obey Him."

Surah 10:37, "And this Quran is not such as could ever be produced by other than God (Lord of the Heavens and the Earth), but it is a confirmation of the (the revelation) which was before it (the Torah) and the (Gospel) and a full explanation of the Book wherein there is no doubt from the Lord of mankind."

Surah 12:111, "It the Quran is not a forged document but a confirmation of God's existing books which were before it (The Torah) and (The Gospel) and other scriptures of God and a detailed explanation of everything and a guide and a Mercy for the people who believe."

2. Jesus is the Messiah

Surah 5:17, "...Who then has the lest power against God, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Mary, his mother and those who are on the earth together?"

3. Crucifixion of Christ

Islamic scholar, Gabriel Sawma, in the article, The Death and Crucifixion of Jesus in the Quran correctly translates Surah 4:157 which confirms the crucifixion of Christ on the cross.

Surah 4:157, "And they say we did kill the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God, what they slew and what they crucified, and to you (the women who followed Jesus at the crucifixion) he is blessed and to them (his followers) as well."

4. Resurrection of Jesus

The Quran confirms Jesus' resurrection and is in the heavens.

Surah 4:158, "But God raised him Jesus (Isa) up with his body and soul unto Himself and he is in the heavens. And God is Ever All Powerful, All Wise."

5. Return of Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ returns and gathers Israel out of a mixed multitude of nations on the Day of Resurrection - confirming the lost ten tribes of Israel, and the captivity prior to Christ's return.

Surah 17:104, "And We said to the Children of Israel after him: "Dwell in the land, then, when the final and the last promise comes near (Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ (Isa), Jesus, son of Mary on the earth), We shall bring you altogether as a mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations).

Surah 43:61, "And he Jesus, son of Mary, shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection (ie Jesus) descent on the earth). Therefore have no doubt concerning it (the Day of Resurrection). And follow God (ie be obedient to God and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)!"

6. Sirius - God's Star

The ancient pagans used to worship Sirius, the dog star, but this is attributed to be God's star in the heavens.

Surah 53:49, "And that He (God) is the Lord of Sirius (the star which the pagan Arabs used in worship)."

7. Seven Heavens

The Bible speaks of Paul going into the third heaven (2 Cor 12:4), but in fact there are seven heavens. The book of Enoch and Quran and Jewish Kabbalah, all confirm the existence of seven heavens. God's throne is in the seventh heaven according to the Quran.

In Surah 58:7, God is their fourth, maybe a reference to the Temple (which according to the Jewish Kabbalah is in the fourth heaven presided by Archangel Michael) -- but God's Throne is in the Seventh Heaven.

Surah 17:44, "The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him, and there is not a thing but glories His praise. But you understand not their glorification. Truly, He is Ever Forbearing, Oft Forgiving."

Surah 23:17, "And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation."

Surah 58:7, "Have you not seen that God knows whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth? There is no secret of three but He is their fourth (with His Knowledge, while He Himself is over the Throne, over the seventh heaven), nor of five but He is their sixth (with His Knowledge), nor of less than that or more but He is with them(with His Knowledge) wheresoever they may be. And afterwards on the Day of Resurrection He will inform them of what they did. Verily God is the All Knower of everything."

8. Sabbath

The Sabbath is a commandment enjoined upon the people of the Covenant, it is the fourth commandment in the Ten Commandments(Exodus 20:8) and is mentioned only four times in the Quran.

The Quran is a confirmation of the Torah and Gospel. To reject the message of the Quran is bring down the curse of the Sabbath breaker. God expects people to uphold the Sabbath, otherwise no curse would apply.

Surah 4:47, "O you who have been given the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Believe in what We have revealed (to Muhammad) confirming what is (already) with you, before We efface faces (by making them like the backs of necks; without nose, mouth, eyes) and turn them hindwards, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers. And the Commandment of Allah (God) is always executed."

God gives a commandment to observe the Sabbath as a covenant. Allah made a covenant with Israel, so He must be the same god as Israel.

Surah 4:154, "And for their covenant, We raised over them the Mount and (on the other occasion) We said, "Enter the gate prostrating (or bowing) with humility," and We commanded them: "Transgress not (by doing worldly works), on the Sabbath (Saturday)." And We took from them a firm covenant."
God tests the Jews who refused to observe the Sabbath on Saturday. They were given fish only on the Sabbath to test their faith. A key verse that points to Allah as the God of Israel enjoining Sabbath worship on His followers.

Surah 7:163, "And ask them O Muhammad about the town that was by the sea; when they transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath (ie Saturday): when their fish came to them openly on the Sabbath day, and did not come to them on the day they had no Sabbath. Thus We made a trial of them for they used to rebel against Allah's (God) Command (disobey Allah-God)."

The punishment for Sabbath breaking only to be carried out for those who dispute its observance. No punishment for Sabbath breaking is to be carried out until the Day of Resurrection. There has to be a valid commandment for a punishment to exist.
Surah 16:124, "The Sabbath was only prescribed for those who differed concerning it, and verily, your Lord will judge between them on the Day or Resurrection about that wherein they used to differ."

9. Feast of Trumpets--Resurrection

Trumpets are blown on the Day of Resurrection and each one will be judged according to their deeds. The deeds are weighed on a scale. Faith and works is required for salvation (James 2:20). 1 Thess 4:16, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with a voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first." First and second resurrection are accompanied with the sound of a trumpet.

Surah 23:100-102, " So that I may do good in that which I have left behind!" No! It is but a word that he speaks; and behind the is a barrier until the Day they will be resurrected. Then, when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no kinship among them that Day, nor will they ask of one another. Then, those whose scales (of good deeds) are heavy, they are successful. And those whose scales (of good deeds) are light, they are those who lose their ownselves, in Hell will they abide."

10. King Solomon and Magic

The Testament of Solomon is a book written by Solomon before he sinned, when he asked for divine power from God, and was given the power to summon up demons (jinn in the Quran) and set them to work to build the Temple in Jerusalem. King Solomon was given a signet ring which had power to bind up the demons to do his will. There is nothing about using magic circles or any magical rituals except for a ring that was given to King Solomon. Magic is not permitted in Christianity and both the Jewish and Islamic positions on magic vary depending on scholarship. In some circumstances both Islam and Judaism believe magic can be studied but not practiced, but demonstrated or used to thwart evil magic. The Testament of Solomon can be downloaded here.

King Solomon practiced what we might consider magic but even he is found amongst the righteous in Paradise according to the Quran, but, it could be argued he used the "power" that came from God.

Surah 38:35, "He said, "My Lord! Forgive me, and bestow upon me a kingdom such as shall not belong to any other after me: Verily, You are the Bestower." So, We subjected to him the wind; it blew gently by his order whithersoever he willed, and also the Shayatin (devils) from the jinn (including) every kind of builder and diver, and also others bound in fetters." God said to Solomon: "This is Our gift: so spend you or withhold, no account will be asked (of you)." And verily for him is a near access to Us, and a good (final) return (Paradise)."

Surah 27:17, "And there were gathered before Solomon his hosts of jinn (demons) and men, and birds, and they all were set in battle order (marching forward)."
King Solomon lost his kingdom and repented (Surah 38:34). God gave Solomon power over the weather and control over the demons -- "no account will be asked of him" implies he acted righteously with the power he had and he will be in Paradise. "others he bound in fetters" - refers to The Testament of Solomon where King Solomon subjected the demons to building work around the Temple. King Solomon never lost his salvation.

King Solomon found the Queen of Sheba , a practicing witch, worshipping the sun (Surah 27:24) and she marvelled at the wisdom of Solomon (Luke 11:31).

The Testament of Solomon: "And among them also the queen of the south, being a witch, came in great concern and bowed low before me to the earth. And having heard my wisdom, she glorified the God of Israel, and she made formal trial of all my wisdom, of all the love in which I instructed her, according to the wisdom imparted to me. And all the sons of Israel glorified God. ... And the queen of the south saw all this, and marvelled, glorifying the God of Israel; and she beheld the Temple of the Lord being builded. And she gave a siklos1 of gold and one hundred myriads of silver and choice bronze, and she went into the Temple. And (she beheld) the altar of incense and the brazen supports (dvaq)opovs) of this altar, and the gems of the lamps flashing forth of different colours, and of the lamp-stand of stone, and of emerald, and hyacinth, and sapphire; and she beheld the vessels of gold, and silver, and bronze, and wood, and the folds of skins dyed red with madder. And she saw the bases of the pillars of the Temple of the Lord. All were of one gold ....2 apart from the demons whom I condemned to labour. And there was peace in the circle of my kingdom and over all the earth.

Surah 34:12, "And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise to midnoon) was a month's journey, and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's journey (ie in one day he could travel two month's journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinn (demons) that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord. And whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire."

The Quran allows King Solomon to use the jinn for the service of the Temple (when compared with the Testament of Solomon) and the Leave of God permitted these things. But what about the magic which came down from Babylon? According to the Quran two angels came down to the city of Babylon and taught men magic.

Surah 2:102, "They followed what the Shayatin (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Solomon. Solomon did not disbelieve, but the Shayatin (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Harut and Marut, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, "We are only for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)." And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not harm anyone except by God's Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their own selves, if they but knew."

Few of the scholars see "falsely of the magic". If there is false magic is there true magic? The false magic causes "separation between husband and wife" and "sells oneself". This is black magick that destroys free will and violates the Commandments of God. This is also a reference to "blood pacts" between humans and demons which exists in black magick, the Quran, interprets this as selling one's soul and loosing salvation. The power of God was given to King Solomon to rule over the demons and this was permissible by God's authority. The Bible describes people burning magic books once confronted with the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 19:19). Yet Enoch was called up into the heavens and was shown the mysteries of God in the heavens (download The Book of Enoch for more information). We have to rely on God's holy spirit as a means of empowerment.

11. The Infancy of Jesus Christ

A story about Jesus making a clay figure of a bird in the Quran  parallels the story in the gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ.

Surah 5:110, “O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour to you and to your mother when I supported with the Ruh ul Qudus so that you spoke to people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing (the power of understanding), the Torah and the Gospel; and when you made out of clay a figure like that of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission, and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) as you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: “This is nothing but evident magic.”

1 Infancy 19:16-19, “Again on another day the Lord Jesus was with some boys by a river and they drew water out of the river by little channels, and made little fish-pools.  But the Lord Jesus had made twelve sparrows, and placed about his pool on each side, three on a side.  But it was the Sabbath day, and the son of Hanani a Jew came by, and saw them making these things, and said, “Do ye thus make figures of clay on the Sabbath?  And he ran to them, and broke down their fish-pools.  But when the Lord Jesus clapped his hands over the sparrows which he had made, they fled away chirping.” (The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden Edition).

The book of Luke 1:41 has Jesus leaping in the womb. The Infancy of Jesus has Jesus talking to Mary in the cradle.

The Infancy of Jesus 1:1-3, “The following accounts we found in the book of Joseph the high-priest, called by some Caiaphas: He relates, that Jesus spake even when he was in the cradle, and said to his mother: Mary, I am Jesus the Son of God, that word which thou didst bring forth according to the declaration of the angel Gabriel to thee, and my father hath sent me for the salvation of the world.”

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Hello my friend. Your argument isn't with us but with true fundamental followers of Muhammad, that have for the last 1400 years, denied that Christ was crucified. The same ones that would be happy to cut your head off for disagreeing with them.
But your email seems to have missed the whole point of Jesus' crucifixion, which is atonement for sin through the shed blood of the sacrifice of the sinless Messiah.
Have your sins been washed away by the blood of the Lamb of God? Have you been born again or not?
http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/index.htm

Please also review the hundreds of verses that proclaim Jesus to be the Son of God.....
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/jesus_the_son_of_god.htm
..... and God His Father:
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/god_the_father.htm

Now please review the verses that define and describe what an antichrist is, and what is suggested, regarding the eventual reward of antichrists:
http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/islam_is_antichrist.htm

May the ONE true God YHWH lead you to the truth of His Son, my personal Savior, Yeshua.

Pete

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
This has not yet been sent in reply:

Muhammad Asad       and their boast, "Behold, we have slain the Christ Jesus, son of Mary, [who claimed to be] an apostle of God!" However, they did not slay him, and neither did they crucify him, but it only seemed to them [as if it had been] so; and, verily, those who hold conflicting views thereon are indeed confused, having no [real] knowledge thereof, and following mere conjecture. For, of a certainty, they did not slay him:   

M. M. Pickthall       And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.   

Shakir       And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.   

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985)       That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-   

Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938)       That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) know ledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Dr. Laleh Bakhtiar       and for their saying: We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God. And they killed him not, nor they crucified him. Rather, a likeness to him of another was shown to them. And, truly, those who were at variance in it are in uncertainty about it. There is no knowledge with them about it but they are pursuing an opinion. And they for certain killed him not.    

Wahiduddin Khan       They declared, We have put to death the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God. They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it only seemed to them [as if it had been so]. And those who differ in this matter are in doubt concerning it. They have no definite knowledge about it, but only follow mere conjecture. But they certainly did not kill him.   

T.B.Irving       and (also) for their saying: "We killed God´s messenger Christ Jesus, the son of Mary!" They neither killed nor crucified him, even though it seemed so to them. Those who disagree about it are in doubt concerning it; they have no [real] knowledge about it except by following conjecture. No one is certain they killed him!    

[Al-Muntakhab]       And their false allegation that they slew the Messiah, Isa, the son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah, when in fact they never killed him nor did they crucify him but they thought they did (See introduction). And those who disputed his fate were themselves in a state of uncertainty as to the truth and reality of the incident; their belief was based on empty knowledge and their supposition was formed on grounds admittedly insufficient, for indeed they just did not slay him but the guilt nevertheless resided in the intention.   

[The Monotheist Group] (2011 Edition)       And their saying: "We have killed the Messiah Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of God!" They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they had. Those who dispute are in doubt of him, they have no knowledge except to follow conjecture; they did not kill him for a certainty.   

Abdel Haleem       and said, ‘We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God.’ (They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, though it was made to appear like that to them; those that disagreed about him are full of doubt, with no knowledge to follow, only supposition: they certainly did not kill him-

Abdul Majid Daryabadi       And for their saying: verily We have slain the Messiah 'Isa son of Maryam, an apostle of Allah, whereas they slew him not, nor they crucified him but it was made dubious unto them. And verily those who differ therein are in doubt thereof, they have no knowledge thereof; they but follow an opinion; and surely they slew him not.   

Ahmed Ali       And for saying: "We killed the Christ, Jesus, son of Mary, who was an apostle of God;" but they neither killed nor crucified him, though it so appeared to them. Those who disagree in the matter are only lost in doubt. They have no knowledge about it other than conjecture, for surely they did not kill him,   

Aisha Bewley       and their saying, ´We killed the Messiah, ´Isa son of Maryam, Messenger of Allah.´ They did not kill him and they did not crucify him but it was made to seem so to them. Those who argue about him are in doubt about it. They have no real knowledge of it, just conjecture. But they certainly did not kill him.    

Ali Ãœnal       And their saying "We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God " – whereas they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the matter was made dubious to them. Those who differ about this matter and about Jesus are indeed confused; they have no definite knowledge thereof, following mere conjecture; and they killed him not of a certainty.   

Ali Quli Qara'i       and for their saying, ‘We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the apostle of Allah’ —though they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but so it was made to appear to them. Indeed those who differ concerning him are surely in doubt about him: they do not have any knowledge of that beyond following conjectures, and certainly they did not kill him.   

Hamid S. Aziz       And because of their boastful saying, "Verily, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor did they crucify him, but it was obscured for them (or it appeared so to them). And verily   

Muhammad Mahmoud Ghali       And for their saying, "Surely we killed the Masih, Isa son of Maryam, (The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary) the Messenger of Allah." And in no way did they kill him, and in no way did they crucify him, but a resemblance of him was presented to them (i.e. the matter was made obscure for them through mutual resemblance). And surely the ones who differed about him are indeed in doubt about him. (Or: it, "that") In no way do they have any knowledge about him except the close following of surmise, and in no way did they kill him of a certainty.

Muhammad Sarwar       and their statement that they murdered Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God, when, in fact, they could not have murdered him or crucified him. They, in fact, murdered someone else by mistake. Even those who disputed (the question of whether or not Jesus was murdered) did not have a shred of evidence. All that they knew about it was mere conjecture. They certainly could not have murdered Jesus.   

Muhammad Taqi Usmani       and for their saying, .We have certainly killed the MasiH ‘Isa the son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah., while in fact they did neither kill him, nor crucify him, but they were deluded by resemblance. Those who disputed in this matter are certainly in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it, but they follow whims. It is absolutely certain that they did not kill him,   

Shabbir Ahmed       And for claiming, "We killed the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah's Messenger." They never killed him and never crucified him. But it appeared so to them and the matter remained dubious to them. Those who hold conflicting views on this issue are indeed confused. They have no real knowledge but they are following mere conjecture. Very certainly, they never killed him.   

Syed Vickar Ahamed       And because they said (in boast): "We killed the Messiah, Isa (Christ, Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary), the messenger of Allah;" — But they did not kill him, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ in this (matter) are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge; They follow nothing but idle talk, for sure they did not kill him:—   

Umm Muhammad (Sahih International)       And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.   

Farook Malik       They even say: "We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah." Whereas in fact, neither did they kill him nor did they crucify him but they thought they did because the matter was made dubious for them. Those who differ therein are only in doubt. They have no real knowledge, they follow nothing but merely a conjecture, certainly they did not kill him (Jesus).   

Dr. Munir Munshey       (We punished them because of) their (blatant and boastful) statement, "We killed Jesus, the son of Mary, the Massiah, the messenger of Allah!" But they did not kill him, and they did not crucify him! It just appeared to them to be so! Those who differ are certainly in doubt about that matter. They do not have a definite knowledge. (They have nothing) except their assumptions and conjectures. They definitely did not kill him!   

Dr. Mohammad Tahir-ul-Qadri       And (also) because of their uttering (the boastful claim): ‘We (have) killed Allah’s Messenger, the Messiah, ‘Isa, the son of Maryam (Jesus, the son of Mary),’ whereas they neither killed nor crucified him. But (in truth) someone was made the like (of ‘Isa—Jesus) in their view. But those who disagree about him have surely fallen prey to doubt (concerning) this (murder). They know nothing (what the truth is) except (that they are) following fancy. And they certainly did not murder ‘Isa (Jesus).   

Dr. Kamal Omar       and their statement (in boast): 'we killed Al-Maseeh, Iesa, Ibn-e-Maryam (Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary) Rasulullah (Messenger of Allah)!' And they killed him not and they crucified him not. And rather it remained an incident of doubt for them. And surely, the people who differed therein (are) definitely in doubt thereof. There is not (available) to them, about it any thing from knowledge except an adherence to conjecture. And they did not kill him. (It is) certain.   

Talal A. Itani (new translation)       And for their saying, 'We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the Messenger of God.' In fact, they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they did. Indeed, those who differ about him are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it, except the following of assumptions. Certainly, they did not kill him.   

Bilal Muhammad (2013 Edition)       And they said, “We killed Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of God. But they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it was only made to appear as such. And those who differ therein are full of doubt, with no knowledge, and only speculation to follow. For certain, they did not kill him.   

Maududi       and their saying: ´We slew the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary´, the Messenger of Allah - whereas in fact they had neither slain him nor crucified him but the matter was made dubious to them - and those who differed about it too were in a state of doubt! They have no definite knowledge of it, but merely follow conjecture; and they surely slew him not,   

[The Monotheist Group] (2013 Edition)       And their saying: "We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, messenger of God!" And they had not killed him, nor crucified him, but it appeared to them as if they had. And those who dispute are in doubt regarding him, they have no knowledge except to follow conjecture; they did not kill him for a certainty.

Bistabuster

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
Wow.  You covered that point whereas "They killed him not"! ;) :P

Excellent article.