Author Topic: Paul Meets Muhammad: A Christian-Muslim Debate by Michael R. Licona  (Read 1024 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I was walking down the Religion section of Barnes and Noble years ago and the title of this book stuck out to me like a neon sign. Because if there was one meeting I would love to see the most, second only to that of Jesus and Muhammad, is the meeting between Paul and Muhammad. There has been no figure in the New Testament that has received more animosity and vitriol from Muslims than Paul.

The premise of the book is a futuristic face-off between Paul and Muhammad where a computer program with advanced algorithims causing each representation to answer as they would according to what they wrote in the respective texts they authored. It may seem odd but it was a suspenseful read and I am picking it up for the third time today to begin it again.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:36:47 PM by resistingrexmundi »
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon