Author Topic: Re: The "Trinity"  (Read 4512 times)

NeutralZone

• View Profile
Re: The "Trinity"
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »
Though the term "trinity" is a doctrinal term, perhaps coined in the 3rd century by Constantine, it is used as a convenient way to refer to the triune nature of the Godhead. For Muslims, if you are adverse to the term, it's not necessary to use it, since it doesn't occur in Scripture.

However the substance of the "trinity" is evident through the hundreds of verses that describe the Son of God
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=611.0
and God the Father
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=610.0'
and God's Spirit
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=2999.0

Peter:
Let me start off by saying that I am a Christian and that I have deep respect for the Judeo-Christian Bible.  I consider it to be the infallible word of Almighty God.

I clicked each of the weblinks you presented above, but none of the verses within those threads provide any confirmation that there is a triune god in the Judeo-Christian Bible.  If anything, your list of verses say the exact opposite.

For example, the verses in the first weblink simply confirm that Jesus Christ is the created Son of Jehovah the Father.  According to the Trinity doctrine, Jesus Christ the Son is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father.  None of the verses from your thread entitled: "The Son of God - Jesus Christ - Yeshua" thread confirm such.  In fact, three of the verses towards the top of that thread actually indicate that Jesus Christ is not eternal.  Below are those particular verses quoted directly from your thread.  Notice the words that I have bolded in red.

It is true scripture refers to sons of God in the Old Testament, missing THE prophesied Son of God in these (and other) Old Testament verses:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

The words that I bolded in red at Isaiah 9:6 and Isaiah 7:14 indicate the Son, Jesus Christ, was getting ready to be born.  Being born indicates mortality.  It means the person had a beginning at some point.  An eternal person cannot have a beginning.

Likewise, Psalms 2:7 says the Son Jesus Christ was "begotten".  The word "begotten" refers to beings that were created at some point.  Someone who was "begotten" can never be considered eternal.

Similarly, the verses you referred to in the third weblink (your thread entitled "The Spirit of God") merely confirm that the holy spirit belongs to God the Father.  None of those verses suggest that the holy spirit is a person and that it is part of a triune God.

Let's discuss, while using the Judeo-Christian Bible as the authority.

NeutralZone

". . . be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath. . . . " (James 1:19-20)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:20:27 AM by NeutralZone »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Re: The "Trinity"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:37:48 AM »
For example, the verses in the first weblink simply confirm that Jesus Christ is the created Son of Jehovah the Father.

Then which of those verses confirmed that Jesus is the created Son of YHWH the Father?

As compared to say:

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.   2  The same was in the beginning with God.    3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/gospel_of_john.htm

Let's discuss, while using the Judeo-Christian Bible as the authority.

NeutralZone
". . . be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath. . . . " (James 1:19-20)

Hi NeutralZone, and welcome to the forum! :)

Perhaps it would help if you begin by letting me know which Bible you are using as the authority.

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

That is a more descriptive verse representing the trinity, and obviously a cornerstone of the Christian faith.
But that verse is in addition to the 234 verses regarding God the Father
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=610.0

The well over a hundred verses regarding THE Son
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=611.0
And about 120 verses regarding God's Spirit
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=1225.0

All of the links, of course, had been provided in the original post.

Peter:
Matthew 28:19 simply provides a list of three entities.  That verse of scripture does not indicate that the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit are co-equal and co-eternal and combined into a single Godhead. 

If we were to use Matthew 28:19 as proof of a triune god, then we would have to apply that same rule to your own father, yourself, and the spirit of your father and present the argument that you and your father and your father's spirit are combined into a single individual.  Would that make sense?  In fact, would one even assume that the spirit of your father is even a person?

NeutralZone

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:19:45 AM by NeutralZone »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:02:26 AM »
I would appreciate it if you provided a response to my prior post before moving forward.
Also please eliminate the large spacing in your posts, and limit it to single or double spaces, so it doesn't index the thread page sooner than it would otherwise need to.
Thanks

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 09:17:44 AM »
For example, the verses in the first weblink simply confirm that Jesus Christ is the created Son of Jehovah the Father.

Then which of those verses confirmed that Jesus is the created Son of YHWH the Father?

Peter:
I quoted the three verses from your own thread, and all three indicate that Jesus Christ is a created being.  Notice your quotation again, after which I will elaborate on why the verses are talking about a created being.

It is true scripture refers to sons of God in the Old Testament, missing THE prophesied Son of God in these (and other) Old Testament verses:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Let's begin with Isaiah 9:6.  You ignored the red flags where the verse starts off with: "a child is born".  Being "born" indicates that Jesus is a created being. According to the trinity doctrine, Jesus and YHWH/Jehovah are CO-ETERNAL and CO-EQUAL. Isaiah 9:6 says Jesus Christ (after he came from heaven to earth) was getting ready to be born.  An eternal person cannot be born at anytime, because being born is proof that the person had a beginning.

Now, look at Isaiah 7:14.  It again says that Jesus Christ was being born as a human, after he was sent to earth.  An eternal person does not have a beginning and therefore cannot be born.

If Jesus Christ had been eternal before he showed up on earth, it would have been impossible for him to be born as a human.  In other words, he would have had to have been mortal from the get-go, before he even showed up on earth.

I will elaborate on Psalms 2:7 in a separate post.

NeutralZone

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:21:18 AM by NeutralZone »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 09:23:14 AM »
Perhaps if I inquire part by part:

".....it would help if you begin by letting me know which Bible you are use as the authority."

And more directly, if you have ever used the New World Translation.

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 09:54:40 AM »

As compared to say:

John 1:1  In the beginning  was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.   2  The same was in the beginning with God.    3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
http://www.islamandthetruth.com/gospel_of_john.htm

Peter:
John 1:1 confirms that Jesus Christ is a created being.  That is made clear in the very first clause where it starts off with: "In the BEGINNING was the Word."  The word "beginning" is applied only to Jesus Christ/the Word in that very first verse of scripture. 

Now, look at what happens in verse 14 of John chapter 1.

Not only does verse 14 tell us that Jesus became flesh--which immediately contradicts the Trinity, but the verse says Jesus Christ is "begotten" by the Father, meaning he was CREATED by YHWH/Jehovah the Father. 

DEFINITION OF "BEGOTTEN":  "Begotten means something created something else or someone fathered a child."
http://www.yourdictionary.com/begotten

A created being can never be eternal, because in order to be eternal, there cannot be a beginning of the person's life. 

DEFINITION OF "ETERNAL":  "Eternal means not having a beginning or an end."
http://www.yourdictionary.com/eternal

The Trinity doctrine says Jesus Christ the Son is eternal with the YHWH/Jehovah the Father.  The Judeo-Christian Bible says the exact opposite.  It says the Son was created/had a beginning.

NeutralZone

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 10:00:04 AM »

".....it would help if you begin by letting me know which Bible you are use as the authority."

When you registered for this forum you agreed to engage in an exchange, yet you ignored the quoted yet again. Your having done so suggests it's safe for me to presume that you are a Jehovah's Witness. Would I be correct in that presumption?

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 10:12:29 AM »

Peter:

I quoted the scriptures directly from your thread entitled "The Son of God - Jesus Christ - Yeshua." http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=611.0

So whatever Bible translation you used when you quoted those scriptures, it clearly has not helped your argument that the Judeo-Christian God is three persons combined into one god.  All of the verses you quoted in that thread contradict Christendom's Trinity. We can discuss each of those verses, a few at time, and I will show you why.

NeutralZone

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 10:17:19 AM »
So then you find it difficult to even be honest enough with us, to simply admit that you are a Jehovah's Witness?

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:17:35 AM »

Peter:

I use a wide variety of Bibles because they all say the same thing.

NeutralZone

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 10:19:25 AM »

Peter:

I use a wide variety of Bibles because they all say the same thing.

NeutralZone

We posted within seconds of each other.

Are you a Jehovah's witness or not?
Why not simply answer that question so we can move forward with your presumptions?

(and you are still using a large gap beteen "NeutralZone" and the underscore. Please adjust your posts accordingly.
Nor is there a need for you to sign your posts, as they are already identified with your user ID)

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
Well it's been nearly an hour since I posted that, and our friend has checked out for some reason. With all the repeated reluctance, one would guess that someone that behaved like that would be more ashamed of being a JW, than willing to proclaim it. If indeed he is a JW.

My friend if you are browsing the forum again, I added a few threads to our JW section, and I believe of particular importance will be for you to understand the source and who the translators of the New World Bible were:

"The translators of The New World Translation were: Nathan Knorr, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, Fred Franz, M. Henschel

"Fred Franz was the only one with any knowledge of the Bible languages to attempt translation of this kind. He had studied Greek for two years in the University of Cincinnati but was only self-taught in Hebrew." ["Crisis of Conscience"; by Raymond Franz; Commentary Press, Atlanta; 1983 edition; footnote 15; page 50.]

Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all, and only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek."

So you will only be misguided by a Bible translation that was created in an effort to support Charles Taze Russell's 19th century doctrine.
You really need to set it aside altogether, as it is not an option.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=4510.0

Also I added more threads on the New World  Translation.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?board=11.0

Here's a thread on the divinity of Christ:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=108.0

Here are links where former Jehovah's witnesses can help you overcome Charles Taze Russell:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=527.0

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
Until you can become honest enough to engage in an exchange, and answer as to whether you are JW or not, please do not post further. It's much easier to have a discussion when I know where a person is coming from.

However if you do return, and answer that simple question, and/or for any forum browsers that may come later that ponder your posts, in simple answer to all of your prior false presumptions regarding Jesus being "created" as a result of His birth:

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

In answer to whether Christ was equal with God, Christ IS God, manifest in the flesh, as declared by that first chapter of John.

John 1:1  In the beginning  was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.   2  The same was in the beginning with God.    3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

was manifest
New Testament Greek Definition:
5319 phaneroo {fan-er-o'-o}
from 5318; TDNT - 9:3,1244; v
AV - make manifest 19, appear 12, manifest 9, show 3, be manifest 2,
show (one's) self 2, manifestly declare 1, manifest forth 1; 49
1) to make manifest or visible or known what has been hidden or unknown,
to manifest, whether by words, or deeds, or in any other way
1a) make actual and visible, realised
1b) to make known by teaching
1c) to become manifest, be made known
1d) of a person
1d1) expose to view, make manifest, to show one's self, appear
1e) to become known, to be plainly recognised, thoroughly understood
1e1) who and what one is
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=2349.msg9786#msg9786

Father, Son, Spirit - all ONE.

And as Jesus Himself stated:

John 10:30 I and my Father are one. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

The Koine Greek word for "one" being neuter gender, meaning of one essence or one being. The Jews wanted to stone Him for that declaration of divinity. Jesus declared His divinity several times.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=108.0

Through the flesh of Jesus Christ is how God chose to manifest (or reveal) Himself as John 1 indicates. And that wasn't the first time He had done such a thing. Our great God Yahweh chose to reveal Himself as a man in the flesh to Abraham as well.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=2349.0

All of the verses you quoted in that thread contradict Christendom's Trinity.

I guess it isn't hard to understand why you seem to consider yourself to be outside of "Christiendom".

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 11:24:25 PM »

When you registered for this forum you agreed to engage in an exchange, yet you ignored the quoted yet again. Your having done so suggests it's safe for me to presume that you are a Jehovah's Witness. Would I be correct in that presumption?

Correction.  I agreed to debate the topic of various threads by replying directly to scriptures posted by others.  I've been doing exactly that since I showed up in this thread.

NeutralZone

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 11:34:41 PM »

Why not simply answer that question so we can move forward with your presumptions?

I do not answer to personal questions that are irrelevant to the topic of a thread. Clearly, you are under the misguided impression that simply because you own this website, you have the right to harass posters who come here.  The only thing you seem to have succeeded in doing is running off good debaters.

(and you are still using a large gap beteen "NeutralZone" and the underscore. Please adjust your posts accordingly.
Nor is there a need for you to sign your posts, as they are already identified with your user ID)

See what I mean about your harassing behavior?  You are complaining about the spacing within my posts, telling me that I am not to put a one-line signature on my post, while you have no problem posting walls of text in your various threads.

NeutralZone

NeutralZone

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 11:41:18 PM »
Until you can become honest enough to engage in an exchange, and answer as to whether you are JW or not, please do not post further. It's much easier to have a discussion when I know where a person is coming from.

However if you do return, and answer that simple question, and/or for any forum browsers that may come later that ponder your posts, in simple answer to all of your prior false presumptions regarding Jesus being "created" as a result of His birth:

Rest assured that I will not be posting here again.

I am done with this website.  Now you can go back to posting to yourself, like you have been doing for the last couple of years since the last person decided to up and leave.  With websites like this a dime a dozen across the internet, who, in his or her right mind, do you think will put up with your behavior?

NeutralZone

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 04:41:07 AM »

I do not answer to personal questions that are irrelevant to the topic of a thread.

I didn't ask your shoe size. The question is completely relevant, because those indoctrinated into Charles Taze Russell's group, and Bible, develop a false understanding of the very heresy you came in here to promote. You only wish my question were irrelevant, because of your fear in answering it.

Clearly, you are under the misguided impression that simply because you own this website, you have the right to harass posters who come here.

Perhaps what you should be trying to come to terms with, is why it would seem you were too ashamed to answer a simple question, when one's denomination is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask about in a Christian forum.

The only thing you seem to have succeeded in doing is running off good debaters.

My friend, the "debate" regarding this issue ended nearly 1700 years ago in Nicaea. And that wasn't so much about debate, as it was dispelling a heresy that had arisen.

Though Charles Taze Russell wasn't the only 19th century preacher of another Jesus, and another Gospel:

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4  And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/traditional_framework.htm#cults

See what I mean about your harassing behavior?  You are complaining about the spacing within my posts,.......

That just boils down to simple courtesy, as it fits more posts on the same page, so we don't have to keep flipping back and forth.

......... telling me that I am not to put a one-line signature on my post,......

If you review our chat you will find that is a false accusation.

........ while you have no problem posting walls of text in your various threads.

Nor did I attempt to limit the volume of your text.
However on that point, it tends to be more fruitful when discussion is done on a point by point basis.

NeutralZone

Because you weren't "slow about wrath" you pushed yourself into false accusation.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 04:54:21 AM »

I am done with this website.  Now you can go back to posting to yourself, like you have been doing for the last couple of years since the last person decided to up and leave.  With websites like this a dime a dozen across the internet, who, in his or her right mind, do you think will put up with your behavior?

NeutralZone

It isn't about my behavior, but about your reluctance to answer a simple question, and the reason for that. It's about truth. Since this forum challenges Islam in a rather compelling fashion, it will not be popular with Muslims who aren't seeking truth but rather come to engage in proselytizing/Dawah, since THE false prophet Muhammad's Islam is soundly exposed as false through scripture, history, archaeology and matter of fact physical geographical impossibility. We also challenge the eschatology of nearly all Christians - preterist and futurist - and folks tend to turn away from those things that challenge what they have been indoctrinated to believe. As in your case. But there is that one in a thousand, that has experienced that first spark of cognitive dissonance, and as a result has begun an honest search for the truth and find fruitful discourse here. Did you expect to find confirmation for a belief that you already know is almost universally recognized as a heresy, and that perhaps even you yourself, deep down, see as such?

Your promotion of the idea that Jesus was "created" when he was conceived, went down with the first verse I quoted. Even in the JW version:

John 17:5  So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.

Something you might ask yourself if you are a Jehovah's Witness, is why it is that they are ostracized and shunned by their family and community - basically disowned - when they overcome Charles Taze Russell, just as Muslims are when they overcome the false prophet Muhammad.
I know one set of grandparents, that weren't even allowed to see their grandchildren, unless and until they "converted" to the new-found Jehovah's Witness faith, of their daughter and son-in-law. Sadly, one of the grandparents actually did, just to be able to see her grandchild.

"The shunning or harassment of former Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) by active members of the sect is behaviour that is mandated by the governing body of the Jehovah's Witnesses' church (officially titled the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society). Shunning has been known to cause sever emotional distress to estranged Witnesses, occasionally even leading to their suicides. Church-decreed ostracism of ex-JWs will be the subject of this paper."
http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/112349/jehovahs-witnesses-disfellowshipping-shunning?size=10&page=1

Something else you might ask yourself if you are a JW, is just why it is that Muslims find JWs to be so useful, to support the lies that they have been indoctrinated to parrot.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=2148.0

Isn't the purpose of ostracism, to instill the same fear of overcoming, that was tacitly expressed in your fear of answering a simple and completely relevant question?

The truth will set you free, my friend, just as it does Muslims. Even if you do risk loosing your friends and family.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=4518.0

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 06:17:00 AM »

Correction.  I agreed to debate the topic of various threads by replying directly to scriptures posted by others.  I've been doing exactly that since I showed up in this thread.

NeutralZone

It isn't up to you to "correct" forum decorum. You agreed to:

"5. I affirm that I will engage in good forum citizenship as explained in the link to "forum decorum" that follows.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=35.0"

Which takes you to:

Thus our only rule is that members that initiate topics, or post in existing topics, be willing to engage in a dialog - in an exchange. When you begin, post a thread or comment, or even a couple, including just a point or two, then wait for a response, and then reply to responses. In other words don't just spam away while ignoring replies of other members to your posts.

It was a long time before our forum needed any rules whatsoever. Then a couple of Muslims came in together and copy and pasted blizzards of threads, flushing away existing threads, without responding to questions that were asked in regard to what they were posting.
But you didn't even offer the courtesy of saying "I don't want to answer that question". You simply ignored the question and went on as if it were never asked. Would you characterize that as being courteous?

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 10:20:47 AM »
Here is a nice explanation that was given to a Saudi Muslim that includes some Arabic expressions:
http://engagingislam.org/articles/2011/6/14/how-to-explain-the-trinity-to-muslims

Bistabuster

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 12:56:20 PM »
Here, I'd say NeutralZone is a JW. 

To not answer is to justify that you are.

I have no problem saying that I am a FIRM believer in Jesus Christ, and that He is one of the three in trinity, He is God and man, ect, ect, ect.  Jesus is my Savior and my personal friend.  We go EVERYWHERE together.  Although I no longer attend church, I just naturally talk to Him daily.  I am the church.  Not saying because of that I don't need the physical building called Church, except that the building "Church" to me, is not the same anymore.  Going to building Church doesn't teach me the real Word as it used to many years ago.  Today, everywhere I look, I constantly think and feel the presence of Jesus in me.

If you were to ask me what denomination I am, I really can't say.  I don't know what type of denomination to call myself.  I guess to me it doesn't matter.

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 05:33:58 AM »
Here, I'd say NeutralZone is a JW. 

To not answer is to justify that you are.

It seemed pretty obvious from his first post, but I tried to carefully couch my posts, because we couldn't know unless he admitted to it.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

But he doesn't need to wear the label Jehovah's Witness for us to know that he is wandering in the same error.

If you were to ask me what denomination I am, I really can't say.  I don't know what type of denomination to call myself.  I guess to me it doesn't matter.

I would say the same. But the reason I asked, is because it makes it easier to discuss these things once we know where a person is coming from, rather than through a long drawn out process of discovery.

BLKsheep

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 10:13:25 PM »

NeutralZone

NeutralZone has been inactive since posting the above post.  He made it to 9 replies here.  I will do the same.  This makes 9 for me and will be my last post as well.

First of all, I too do not accept the trinity doctrine.  Never did and never will.   Jesus himself said God is greater and admitted that God knew things that Jesus himself does not know.  Actually, the trinity doctrine is one of the easiest doctrines to debunk in Christianity.

Pete says that literal passages are not open to interpretation.  That's about as stupid a comment I've ever heard.  Here's a literal passage Pete quoted in support of the trinity, but doesn't understand it's meaning...

Mathew 28:18  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Trinitarians like Pete and all the others misinterpret this LITERAL PASSAGE.  Actually, it's the word ALL that most people misinterpret.

When the word ALL is used without the article it means, "every kind or every variety."  So the passage is not saying that Jesus has all the power God has.  What it is saying is that Jesus has access to the many powers that emanate from (the throne of) God.  These powers likely come from the "SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD."

What is the Holy Spirits name anyway?

Pete,

I'm really surprised at your presumptuous attitude.  You've labelled me as a follower of Darby (dispensationalist) which is absolutely false.  You said that's what I believe because that's what I've been taught.  Wrong again.  I've been taught NOTHING by others.  My eschatology is my own!  I'm a self taught prophecy student.  I actually don't accept ANY (actually...very little) of the futurist view.  My beliefs are my own.

I have to agree with neutral zone.  It doesn't matter if he's a JW or not, and it doesn't matter what bible he's using.  They do all pretty much say the same thing!  The issue at hand is "the trinity!"  And just for the record, I do believe Jesus IS God.  But believe that God is greater just like JESUS SAID!

I agree with neutralZone on this comment too...

I do not answer to personal questions that are irrelevant to the topic of a thread. Clearly, you are under the misguided impression that simply because you own this website, you have the right to harass posters who come here. The only thing you seem to have succeeded in doing is running off good debaters.

I too am leaving and this is my last post. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:16:12 PM by BLKsheep »

PeteWaldo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2015, 09:25:56 AM »

We understand that it does get tough to keep witnessing one's doctrine melting down in the light of the Gospel.

NeutralZone

NeutralZone has been inactive since posting the above post.  He made it to 9 replies here.  I will do the same.  This makes 9 for me and will be my last post as well.

First of all, I too do not accept the trinity doctrine.  Never did and never will.

God gave you the free will to choose to stand outside of 1900 years of universal Christian core doctrine. Your choice, your obstinance, your consequences.
But this certainly explains the reason behind your confusion about and blasphemy against the Gospel, that causes you to wish you had license to nullify verses willy-nilly simply because they don't fit the heresy you choose to follow:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=4680.msg18271#msg18271

So if you are a Jehovah's Witness you can get help to overcome that heresy from your former brethren. We have a whole forum section devoted to Charles Taze Russell's cult:
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?board=11.0

Jesus himself said God is greater and admitted that God knew things that Jesus himself does not know.

Spoken just like a Muslim, or a Jehovah's Witness.
But the Gospel didn't end with that verse, while Jesus was manifest on earth, as a mortal man. It ended with His declaration that He has all power in heaven and on earth.

Actually, the trinity doctrine is one of the easiest doctrines to debunk in Christianity.

Sure it is! That's why it has been a part of universal Christian core doctrine for 1900 years.

Pete says that literal passages are not open to interpretation.  That's about as stupid a comment I've ever heard.  Here's a literal passage Pete quoted in support of the trinity, but doesn't understand it's meaning...

Mathew 28:18  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Of course your claim is incorrect since the Trinity had not even been brought up as a subject in our conversation. But your claim may well illustrate a tacit admission that you yourself recognized that verse as supporting the Trinity, which I do believe it does. But if I was going to cite one verse that supports the Trinity it would be this one:

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

That "one" in the Koine Greek is in the neuter gender, indicating of one essence or one being.

Trinitarians like Pete ........

I believe you mean like 1900 years of Christians, through universal Christian core doctrine.
Unlike 19th century cults like, say, the Jehovah's Witnesses followers of Charles Taze Russell.

....... and all the others misinterpret this LITERAL PASSAGE.  Actually, it's the word ALL that most people misinterpret.

When the word ALL is used without the article it means, "every kind or every variety."  So the passage is not saying that Jesus has all the power God has.  What it is saying is that Jesus has access to the many powers that emanate from (the throne of) God.  These powers likely come from the "SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD."

Like I said, your choice, your consequences.

What is the Holy Spirits name anyway?

The Holy Spirit is singular.
It is through the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, that Jesus is around, with and in His people, teaching and guiding us.