Author Topic: Jehovah's witness' candy coat Jesus' words  (Read 4159 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jehovah's witness' candy coat Jesus' words
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »
A little over a year ago a couple of Jehovah witness' came to my door. I went outside to greet them and talk. They went into their usual set up so as to feel me out and see how well I knew the scriptures. I was very careful not to divulge too much so as not to be steam rolled. People are at their most honest with you when they feel they have the high ground.

More to the point this particular couple tried to convince me that hell did not truly exist as a place of eternal punishment. Rather that after we die if we have not been saved we simply cease. I found this hard to take in and questioned them as to where they got this idea. The man leading the discussion went on to tell me the original greek that was used to identify hell actually meant grave rather than hell.

Now I haven't had many dealings with Jehovah's witness' and so I don't know if this is widely believed by their church or something they simply took upon themselves to press on the people they came across to make Jesus' message more accecable to non-believers. However given the fact that Jesus spent more time of his ministry warning of the dangers of hell than he did emphasizing the rewards of heaven I think it would be safe to assume that Jesus felt that hell was very real. The parable of the man waking up in hell illustrates this point as hell was described in detail.

At any rate the point is that this teaching is dangerous as it promotes the idea that no punishment awaits those who do wicked. An idea many in this world especially atheists would love to grab hold of. I know because I have heard it personally that if no everlasting life exists (in heaven or hell) then why bother wit higher truths or morals. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on the views of Jehovah's witness' of hell.

God bless
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Jehovah's witness' candy coat Jesus' words
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 02:30:42 PM »
It saves a lot of words to go straight to the heart of their cult and ask them if they know that their religion is based on a corrupt 19th century Greek text written by two English spiritualists named Westcott and Hort.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=81.0

I suppose we should compile some info, and then put it in tract form, and make a shirt-pocket sized PDF (since they generally seem to have shirt pockets). That way folks could keep one handy by the front door.

If any folks have been called to witness to these folks and has some experience please don't be shy.

thespeaker

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »
This "religion" is truely a cult. Their bible is called the new world translation. They don't have the spirit of God, so all of their doctrine falls under a doctrine of devils. They usually won't approach you a second time if they see that you can rightly divide the word of truth. Our objective should be to bring them into the knowledge of the truth.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:14:14 AM »
This "religion" is truely a cult. Their bible is called the new world translation. They don't have the spirit of God,....

There may be no shortage of this in every church.
Blessedly we aren't saved by the doctrine we hold by the condition of our hearts.

...... so all of their doctrine falls under a doctrine of devils. They usually won't approach you a second time if they see that you can rightly divide the word of truth. Our objective should be to bring them into the knowledge of the truth.

Welcome to the forum, thespeaker. :)

thespeaker

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:08:33 AM »
Thank you brother Pete, i am humbled and blessed to take part in how God is using you to advance the Kingdom!

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »
Thank you brother Pete, i am humbled and blessed to take part in how God is using you to advance the Kingdom!

If you had told me a half dozen years ago (before I was saved) that I would be spending the vast majority of my time 6 years later, bringing the Gospel to Muslims, I would have told you you had a screw loose.
I was only called to ministry in the last few years, and over that time I've barely had a plan, for a day, a website entry, or a YouTube video, yet my time is filled. I just wake up and start in.
It is I that am humbled bro as a lowly sinful wretch and just another member of the body. We truly do serve an awesome God. http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=1Cr&c=12&v=12&t=KJV#1

Please feel free to challenge Muslims to come here wherever you find them. I don't have a lot of luck any more. I suspect they are overwhelmed by the evidence against Islam on a review of the forum. That's why I resort to copy and pasting personal message conversations in here, with Muslims from YouTube. It offers others a chance to see answers to questions that they may have been inclined to ask themselves.
YouTube is a great frontier in this spiritual battle.
I am in PM chat, or commenting back and forth in YouTube comment sections with Muslims, every day. Just one of my videos is viewed over 500 times every day, mainly by Muslims searching Deedat and "antichrist". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN-_20sjHVI
Coptic priest Zakaria Botrous reaches over 300 million Arabic speaking Muslims every week with his online and TV ministry broadcast in the middle east.

If you don't have a channel I recommend creating one. Everyone in here, as I invite all my brethren on YouTube, are welcome to download and upload any videos you would like. The nice thing is that when you upload you can put links in the "more info" sections, to this forum and websites - related or other, on the specific topics.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PeteWaldo
http://www.youtube.com/user/brotherjw

If you need help with doing any of the above, please let me know.

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
To thespeaker: Hello my brother in Christ. I am glad you joined us here. Let me know if there are any particular posts you found interesting. I am still reading new ones everyday and am always amazed at how truth always shines through.

God bless
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

thespeaker

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 10:51:59 AM »
Thank u sirs, i do challenge muslims ,for i know many to check out the site. they of course are reluctant but never-the-less the war rages on and guess what, we win!!!!!

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »
Thank u sirs, i do challenge muslims ,for i know many to check out the site. they of course are reluctant but never-the-less the war rages on and guess what, we win!!!!!

Do you mean you know many Muslims that check out this site?