Author Topic: Atheism's belief in no belief  (Read 3156 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Atheism's belief in no belief
« on: July 30, 2009, 09:18:56 AM »
I have had the opportunity to talk at lengths with an atheist in the course of my job. Ironically enough he and I ended up talking about religion. It was interesting to see that he had much to say about something he considered foolish. Now I myself am no big fan of religion in and of itself but for many it provides a framework for their life and so I see the benefit if at times I become angry with it. More to the point though he and I were discussing Islam. Now this has become a more talked about religion lately and no wonder with all that has happened in the last eight years alone. So I said "here is the reason I could never pretend to respect their point of view. They must reject God in flesh as a perfect sacrifice for sin. I must accept it as the truth and I do accept it as truth. Both of us cannot be right and so if God is sinless and I know he is it follows that we (muslims and christians) do not serve the same God. This contradiction alone should put all debate to rest on the matter." He responded "that the bible was full of contradictions." I looked up and said "name ONE." He smiled as if trying to ingratiate me to his view and said "C'mon" as if this is well established fact. So I repeated my request to "name just ONE." He either couldn't or wouldn't. So here I stood watching a man who was totally committed to his view of atheism without any first hand knowledge of what he disagreed with. And so I implore all Christians everywhere to contend the faith and study in earnest for truth in God's word so that when put in situations like this you don't find yourself agreeing to something just because it is all you know or disagreeing with something because you know nothing of it. Otherwise you may end up in a situation like this lost one found himself in when contending his own faith.

God bless
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Atheism's belief in no belief
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
I have had the opportunity to talk at lengths with an atheist in the course of my job. Ironically enough he and I ended up talking about religion. It was interesting to see that he had much to say about something he considered foolish.

The unregenerate - particularly willful unregenerates - can be expected to be exactly as you report unless and until they are ready to surrender their lives to Jesus Christ and repent:

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

Now I myself am no big fan of religion in and of itself but for many it provides a framework for their life and so I see the benefit if at times I become angry with it. More to the point though he and I were discussing Islam. Now this has become a more talked about religion lately and no wonder with all that has happened in the last eight years alone. So I said "here is the reason I could never pretend to respect their point of view. They must reject God in flesh as a perfect sacrifice for sin. I must accept it as the truth and I do accept it as truth. Both of us cannot be right and so if God is sinless and I know he is.....

Did you know that Muslims also consider Jesus to have been sinless?
And that he was miraculously conceived by a virgin by the will of God?

Then preposterously then they are stuck having to say he was "just another messenger" - and even worse, in Jesus' case, a fatherless one.
If they confess that He is the Son of God they have committed the most egregious and ONLY unpardonable sin in Islam.

It really seems to border on the insane for someone to suggest that Islam is of God: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

...... it follows that we (muslims and christians) do not serve the same God.

The PERFECT OPPOSITE.
The only anti-another-religion, religion, by design.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=148.0

Islam is antichrist: 1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].

So perfectly opposite is 1/4 of mankind to Christianity that is should cause those like even your atheist friend to consider the odds of this being an accident. Here's a couple of tracts for him if you are so inclined:

Print and Z-fold in both directions:
Islam the PERFECT opposite
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/m5.pdf
antichrist
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/c1a.pdf

More tracts for your Christian friends as well, with folding instructions:
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/free_bible_tracts.htm

This contradiction alone should put all debate to rest on the matter." He responded "that the bible was full of contradictions." I looked up and said "name ONE." He smiled as if trying to ingratiate me to his view and said "C'mon" as if this is well established fact. So I repeated my request to "name just ONE." He either couldn't or wouldn't. So here I stood watching a man who was totally committed to his view of atheism without any first hand knowledge of what he disagreed with. And so I implore all Christians everywhere to contend the faith and study in earnest for truth in God's word so that when put in situations like this you don't find yourself agreeing to something just because it is all you know or disagreeing with something because you know nothing of it. Otherwise you may end up in a situation like this lost one found himself in when contending his own faith.

God bless