Author Topic: Conversation with an atheist  (Read 2388 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Conversation with an atheist
« on: August 09, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
I was recently sent a Muslim video on the "how to's" of prayer showing ritual washing (Wudu).
I responded with a verse and a link, and the following conversation with an atheist ensued. I wouldn't normally include a conversation with a willful unregenerate in this forum, and I am generally not called to witness to those that can't be expected to understand because of their willful disobedience, but this one claimed to have taught scripture on several continents.

I thought it might help Muslims understand the concept of Christian posers. Many who don't even realize they are. But then that is presuming that he told the truth about his experience in the Word.

PeteWaldo (2 days ago) Show Hide

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

brotherpete. com/index. php?topic=148.0

ia (1 day ago) Show Hide

Like the Our Father??

PeteWaldo (1 day ago) Show Hide

Interesting you should bring that up IA. The verse I quoted on vain repetition is the warm up. Two verses later:

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

"After this manner...." Does that say repeat this prayer? No.

Rosary beads and "hail Marys" in the Roman Church come from pagan worship, primarily through Constantine. Clergy hats, incense smoke cans and idols adorning their buildings too.
Many parallels between Islam and the RCC.

brotherjw (1 day ago) Show Hide

Jesus warned the Pharisees about exactly the video above. Missing the whole point by believing we find God through acts of the flesh.

Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

brotherjw (1 day ago) Show Hide

(whoops followed up with wrong ID. PeteWaldo and brotherjw are both my channels.)

ia (16 hours ago) Show Hide

brotherjw, there is ample evidence that jesus never claimed to be god. My fav is post resurrectional words to Mary Magdalan in garden: Do not touch me for I have not ascended to my father anf your father, to my god and your god. You can put any spin you want on this but it still remains the words of jesus AFTER his mortal death, and therefore with full, supernatural awareness. Theres more, but this should, although it wont, suffice. Have you read the Qur'an? Nah, didnt think so.

brotherjw (4 hours ago) Show Hide

Imagine an atheist learning how to blaspheme the God of the Bible from Muslims! You know they will force you to pay the jizya tax like every other non-muslim don't you?
Spin? What else did Jesus say after His resurrection?

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER IS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH.

My favorite part of the Quran is where Mohammed describes his carnal heaven as a chicken and wine serving bordello:
watch?v=aEfKpgiYgHY

ia (3 hours ago) Show Hide

No, I didnt learn the bible from muslims. In fact I have studied, taught and lectures on the bible for over 30 yrs and on a number of continents. I probably read the bloody thing before you were born. Still, keep thinking you know everything, and keep referring to carefully selective passages that prop up the root of the problem: your personal fear of death. Imagine you never die? I am not so sure you would be so 'religious' and intolerantly so.

brotherjw (43 minutes ago) Show Hide

It is you who displayed stunning ignorance of the bible and selective exegesis below.
Unfortunately you can't understand the things of the Spirit of God as a willful unregenerate:

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

As you can see it is pointless for you to converse about things that you can't be expected to understand as a willful unregenerate.

brotherjw (25 minutes ago) Show Hide

You are accusing intolerance on my part?
I was simply detailing the fate of atheists like yourself, and other non-muslims, according to the Quran:

Surah 9.29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Why don't you Yahoo jizya?

brotherjw (10 minutes ago) Show Hide

"...that prop up the root of the problem: your personal fear of death."

There is little that could have illustrated your unregenerate nature, and inability to understand the things of the Spirit of God, and ignorance to the scriptures, more than having written that.
Even an unregenerate that knows anything about church history would label your suggestion preposterous.

Phl 1:21 For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain.
watch?v=d4rtYAO3UxA

brotherjw

Indeed Christians are martyred for the witness of Jesus all around the world today, and have? been for 2000 years:
persecution. com
watch?v=d4rtYAO3UxA

How can this atheist's self-proclaimed 30 years of "teaching" the bible be understood?

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.

Understanding what a Jew is:

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.    2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,    3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,    4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;    5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.    6  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,    7  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.    8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.   9  But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.    10  But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,    11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of [them] all the Lord delivered me.    12  Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.    13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.   14  But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned [them];    15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.    16  All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:    17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Conversation with an atheist
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »
But the conversation on the video apparently wasn't enough so he began to move comments to my channel comments and continued from there. I included all the PM comments but mostly a repeat, so you can scroll to the new comments below the underline mark:

ia  (1 day ago)

No, I didnt learn the bible from muslims. In fact I have studied, taught and lectures on the bible for over 30 yrs and on a number of continents. I probably read the bloody thing before you were born. Still, keep thinking you know everything, and keep referring to carefully selective passages that prop up the root of the problem: your personal fear of death. i dare say if you found a magic drug that gave you immortality you would very soon forget God. Dont be so quick to dismiss this idea. Let it wash over you a few times. Hmmmm..... changes things, no?

brotherjw  (22 hours ago)

I'm sorry my friend but it is you who displayed stunning ignorance of the bible. In both of the places you spoke to it on the subject video it was you who exercised selective exegesis. The record is clear: watch?v=DaKb2zX1QBs

Additionally you seem to be under the false impression that you could understand the things of the Spirit of God as a willful unregenerate:
1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

As you can see it is pointless for you to engage in conversation about things you can't be expected to understand as a willful unregenerate.

brotherjw  (21 hours ago)

"...that prop up the root of the problem: your personal fear of death."

There is little that could have illustrated your unregenerate nature, and inability to understand the things of the Spirit of God, and ignorance to the scriptures, more than having written that.
Even an unregenerate that knows anything about church history would label your suggestion preposterous.

Phl 1:21 For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4rtYAO3UxA

brotherjw  (21 hours ago)

You accused intolerance on my part when I was simply detailing the fate of atheists like yourself, and other non-muslims, according to the Quran?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKb2zX1QBs

Surah 9.29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Why don't you? Yahoo jizya?

brotherjw  (19 hours ago)

Indeed Christians are martyred for the witness of Jesus all around the world today, and have been for 2000 years:
http://www.persecution.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4rtYAO3UxA

ia  (4 hours ago)

F*** you. You are an ignorant twit. You are THE reason I am convinced there is absolutely no god or gods. You are the antithesis of all this poorly written book prescribes, yet you continue to preach to ME? You halfwit. If you actually read the book cover to cover you may actually learn something. As it is, you remind me of the losers that knock on my door selling afterlife pipedreams, who know only a few select passages, but nothing of the whole. So follow whoever you please. Unconsciously its about death but you're too stupid to either admit it or recognise its function in our hominid evolution. If I was ever frightened like you, and chose a religion, it would be Islam. At least that makes sense.

brotherjw  (20 minutes ago)

But you were the best testament against yourself, professing wisdom but displaying abject ignorance, of the things of the Spirit of God. You couldn't even see that the answer to your first false qurstion/presumption/accusation ("like the our Father??") was just 2 verses away.
watch?v=DaKb2zX1QBs

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

brotherjw  (13 minutes ago)

But the vitriol and adolescent language you chose to descend to and wallow in is easy to understand:
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
1Jo 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
Jhn 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.

brotherjw  

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be ...boasters, proud, blasphemers... 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good 4 Traitors, heady, highminded...

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

brotherjw

"If I was ever frightened like you, and chose a religion, it would be Islam. At least that makes sense."
No question it did to a lot of 7th century desert dwelling illiterates.
But your affinity toward Islam is easily understood as you are an antichrist too:

1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? HE IS ANTICHRIST, THAT DENIETH the Father and THE SON. 23 WHOSOEVER DENIETH THE SON, THE SAME HATH NOT THE FATHER:...

Sura 19:88 They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious HAS BEGOTTEN A SON!" 89 INDEED YE HAVE PUT FORTH A THING MOST MONSTROUS!