Author Topic: The Light of God  (Read 2742 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Light of God
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »
Gen 1:3   And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 

Gen 1:4   And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Here we see that God's very first creation is Light. Also, He seperated the light from the darkness. This happened before the sun,
moon and stars were created. So what is this light?

Jhn 8:12   Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness,
but shall have the light of life.

Jhn 1:4   In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 

Ah ha! An answer. So Jesus is the light. But let's see if the Bible gives anymore clues to this.

Col 1:15   Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 

The firstborn of every creature. We already know from the first verse shown that light was the first creation. So what
specifically is the light?

Psa 27:1 [[[A Psalm] of David.]] The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my
life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Act 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, [saying], I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for
salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the
preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the
earth. 

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter
for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may
receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. 

So here we discover that light is salvation as well as God. Outside of God is no salvation or light. This is true not just for
Jews but Gentiles too! We also see the definition of darkness is evil and the power of Satan. What is the defining characteristic
of darkness. We need not look to sriptures to know. ( Though we will) In darkness you can't see. You don't know where you are
going. So it is for those who are under the power of darkness that Jesus came. When we reject Jesus we stay under the power of
darkness. Just as the temple guards and Pharisees did.

Luk 22:53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of
darkness.

Pro 4:19 The way of the wicked [is] as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Jer 13:16 Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and,
while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, [and] make [it] gross darkness.

We have established that Light=God=Jesus=Salvation. Jesus literally means "I am salvation". Jesus, as a man, is the physical
manifestation of God's plan of salvation. Ever wonder why He always seemed to talk about God as a seperate entity? But the Spirit
that is His is God. The spirit is what defines who you are. So the light being the first thing created by God means that His plan
of salvation was created before man ever sinned. What a merciful God we have. In His mercy, knowing no man could ever fulfill the
role of saviour, took up flesh to do what we could not.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

Hsa 13:4 Yet I [am] the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside
me. 

That Word as we see here is God. That word brought forth the light, our salvation. The only saviour we have is God. The only way
to reach God is accepting His plan of salvation through Jesus.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

And in the beginning God saw that the light was good. However God also proclaimed other things good. The problem is that all those
other things fell to sin. Jesus, born by the will of God, is the only human in all of history besides Adam that was not fashioned
in iniquity. Unlike Adam, however, Jesus as the only good thing in existence, did not fall prey to sin. To further explore Jesus,
expecting to be accepted on His terms, we read the following verse.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter
into life, keep the commandments. 

Jesus wanted them to see Him for what He is. God. For our own righteousness is as rags. To be truly righteous we need God to enter
our lives.

Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and
our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. 

Only through the shed blood of Jesus can our iniquities be taken away. So if the Bible spells out so clearly the God is Salvation,
is Jesus, is Light, then why do so many stumble in darkness and reject the only path to God?

Jhn 1:5   And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Such ignorance is expected. Because they are in darkness and don't comprehend the light they continue to stumble. Not seeing where
they are going they cannot find salvation. Only IF they turn to the light will they ever "see". The tragic irony is only when you
"see" do you understand why you were in darkness. I hope this shed's some light (pun intended) on the subject of Jesus' divinity
and God's plan for salvation.

God bless

Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon