Author Topic: The leopard-bear-lion "beast"  (Read 27557 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
The leopard-bear-lion "beast"
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »
From a more detailed web page with lots more links. Best viewed there.
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/the_beast.htm

Best to background with "Daniel's Four Beasts" first.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=11.0

Daniel's lion, bear and leopard kingdom "beasts" discussed in Daniel's prophecy, reappear together in scripture only one more time - in Revelation Chapter 13 - but combined into a composite "beast" - kingdom.

Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. (Daniel assigned the masculine gender to kingdom beasts)

This beast was to continue 42 months.  The seats of the ancient successive kingdom beasts of lion, bear and leopard - Babylon, Medo-Persia & Greece - that Daniel prophesied of, are occupied today by the countries of Iraq, Iran, and Syria/Lebanon. The dragon in the verse above is Satan.

While these countries and sects of Islam may have differences, and some with national sovereignty, they are united spiritually through following the false prophet Mohammed, and by their holy book the Quran.  As a result they are filled with the spirit of antichrist because their belief that God has no Son, or "shirk", is the most important element in Islam.

Bible prophecy is ethnographic and therefore is largely about the Middle East.  Terms like "whole world" are likely not about Peoria Illinois.  "that deceiveth the whole world" - Strong's explains:   3625 oikoumene {oy-kou-men'-ay} 1) the inhabited earth 1a) the portion of the earth inhabited by the Greeks, in distinction from the lands of the barbarians 1b) the Roman empire, all the subjects of the empire

The sketch map above is an excellent illustration of the seat of the Islamic Empire "beast", and the countries that compose that seat today. But the Lord's interest isn't likely to lie in the artificial boundaries of men, but rather in the spiritual condition of mankind.  The spirit of antichrist, in this case.  Each of Daniel's successive kingdoms conquered the whole known world (Middle East area) in its turn. 

Below are maps of the succession of kingdoms that Daniel wrote of, that ruled the Middle East.
There is broad consensus on the identity of these beasts.  As we learned on the prior page, Daniel defines a beast as a kingdom when used in the figurative language of a dream or vision in prophecy.

BEAST = KINGDOM

Lion - Babylon

Bear - Medo-Persia

Leopard - Greece

Daniel's 4th "dreadful" beast - Roman Empire
Not included in John's leopard-bear-lion beast description. 

Below is a map of the composite leopard-bear-lion "beast" (kingdom) and the spiritual condition of the Middle East today.

Leopard-Bear-Lion - Islamic Empire

While some Muslims may be unaware that other Muslims mark the Quran with the number 666, former PLO terrorist Walid Shoebat also said that the moment he saw the GREEK symbol for 666, he read it as the ARABIC symbol for "Bismillah", or "in the name of Allah".  There are ISLAMIC web sites that discuss how the number 666 demonstrates the perfection of the Quran, and that the Quran "is the 666". This number association of 666 was prophesied in Scripture 500 years before Mohammed was born and is explored more completely on this page.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

On this link are videos of Muslims who have come to know the love of God.

[edit add 2-3-13]
Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

10 horns = 10 caliphates?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate#End_of_the_Caliphate.2C_1924
History

1.1 Rashidun, 632–661
    1.2 Umayyads, 7th–8th centuries
        1.2.1 The Caliphate in Hispania
    1.3 Abbasids, 8th–13th centuries
    1.4 Fatimids, 10th–12th centuries
    1.5 Shadow Caliphate, 13th–16th centuries
    1.6 Ottomans, 16th–20th century
    1.7 Sokoto, 19th century
    1.8 Ahmadiyya Caliphate, 1908-Present
    1.9 Khilafat Movement, 1920
    1.10 End of the Caliphate, 1924
[end edit 2-3-13]

Mike S

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
Re: The leopard-bear-lion "beast"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »
I was posting on prophecy talk.com the other day abou how the people of Darfur are in "the tribulation", and my progression took me to the LBL beast. I was explaining how all tbeasts (minus the dragon) were empires. and it hit me that Islam is a spritual emprire. That in effect, makes Islam the LBL beast. The region of Syria-Lebanon, Iraq, and Iran, is serving as the geographical base of that empire. I took off with that thought, and wrote how I thought it would play out to the end, without qualifying it, and the one person that replied directly to the post thought I was way off base. I am planning on building a point by point case in a reply to him, but I don't know if he will get it even if he does read it. It seems he wasn't aware of the common thought among all who study the Bible on what the 4 beasts in Daniel 7 represent. Here is my post, and you can follow down to tom's response:Pre-Trib has the devil dancing, reply # 100 - Mike S

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »
I was posting on prophecy talk.com the other day abou how the people of Darfur are in "the tribulation", and my progression took me to the LBL beast. I was explaining how all tbeasts (minus the dragon).....

The dragon is never described as a "beast" so there is no reason to make this distinction.
And the term "beast" means kingdom when used in the figurative language of a dream or vision in prophecy. In some other more literal areas of scripture beasts are literally beasts.
The guy that wrote back said God never defines beast as kingdom but that simply isn't so: Daniel 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth...

..... were empires. and it hit me that Islam is a spritual emprire.

Indeed it is. While there separate and independent sovereign Islamic states, and there are different Islamic sects, while Sunnis and Shiites even murder each others innocent men, women and children over their differences, all Muslims are united spiritually by THE false prophet Mohammed, and by the quran, and they are all filled with the spirit of antichrist. Indeed each and every Muslim is an antichrist.

That in effect, makes Islam the LBL beast.

The relationship of Daniel's lion, bear and leopard beast kingdoms, and John's composite leopard-bear-lion beast make the Islamic empire the LBL beast.

The region of Syria-Lebanon, Iraq, and Iran, is serving as the geographical base of that empire.

Revelation 13:2 ... the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
The power and authority coming through oil.

I took off with that thought, and wrote how I thought it would play out to the end, without qualifying it, and the one person that replied directly to the post thought I was way off base. I am planning on building a point by point case in a reply to him, but I don't know if he will get it even if he does read it. It seems he wasn't aware of the common thought among all who study the Bible on what the 4 beasts in Daniel 7 represent. Here is my post, and you can follow down to tom's response:Pre-Trib has the devil dancing, reply # 100 - Mike S
These 2 pages may help you build your case:
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/daniels_four_beasts.htm

Mike S

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 12:21:57 AM »
 To JW- Great post a couple days ago on the ProphecyTalk board. It got a lot of positive responses, and a few of us helped reinforce the concepts when some posters asked questions.

SAB

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Locusts/Images/locust_map.gif

i don't know how to post the pic but it makes a good comparison to the maps you've posted here

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 07:11:39 AM »
To JW- Great post a couple days ago on the ProphecyTalk board. It got a lot of positive responses, and a few of us helped reinforce the concepts when some posters asked questions.
Got a link?
My handle is sometimes JW, but I haven't posted in there since I was banned for pointing out the problems with their preterist doctrine. The "times of the Gentiles" in particular.
RRM's been haunting a Christian forum or two, but I don't think he has mentioned that one.

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:14:44 AM »
No I haven't ever even heard of that board until now. I find it easier to witness to people on eschatological matters after I can affirm that they are sound in their foundational doctrines first. That being the case I usually go to boards other than those dealing with prophecy that way they aren't already entrenched in an "ism". I tried the direct approach but didn't get very far. I can't even get people to read a free book in a country full of people who love free stuff.LOL. But if you post a link I will see if I can help. May be a little while before I can because I have had to put a few things on hold until I get through my final exam.
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Mike S

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »
Been a while since I've posted or read anything here. The link you requested isThe Mathematical Precision of Prophecy. I noticed a bit ago it was originally posted in March 2007, but Midwest or someone else found it and posted a comment, and it went on from there.

Many on that board are still resistant to the mathematical proof . Sometimes I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall when I'm trying to get people to see the truth.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 04:59:05 PM »
Been a while since I've posted or read anything here. The link you requested isThe Mathematical Precision of Prophecy. I noticed a bit ago it was originally posted in March 2007, but Midwest or someone else found it and posted a comment, and it went on from there.

Many on that board are still resistant to the mathematical proof . Sometimes I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall when I'm trying to get people to see the truth.

Yes, that was my thread. John Williams is one of my forum usernames. That's where my brotherJW YouTube channel gets it's handle. Might have been an unfortunate handle because a couple of people have asked if I was Jehovah's Witness! :D
Regarding beating your head against the wall I did that very same wall for 2 years. The eyes of the "church" are quite hopelessly scaled over regarding the false prophet Muhammad and his Islamic kingdom beast.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=14.0

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14:30 AM »
Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. (Daniel's beast is "his")

I don't think I have emphasized this enough. Can there be any question that the power that Satan gives the Islamic kingdom "beast" is oil? The Arab states didn't even discover or develop it themselves. All western corporations. I don't know, but I doubt they even sever it themselves.
Now the west whores itself out to countries that are filled with 100% antichrists like Saudi Arabia, just to keep the oil flowing, while we continue to compromise the freedom and liberty of the only free people in the Middle East. The only democracy. The only people that are like the U.S. The 20th largest customer of our goods. Indeed Muslims also enjoy more freedom in Israel than they do in any Muslim controlled state in the world.

CodeRed.Alert666

• View Profile
2010/2011 Revolution Countries
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 08:07:12 AM »
Hallo everyone :)

This is my first official post. Thought I may share one of my researches in my first post.  ;D

Not too long ago, I had the sudden urge to see what the countries going through revolution have in common. My information were taken form wiki websites. I will post the links to my notes I did on Facebook - you will need to be friends with me before you can see them. I did this for a reason, hope you understand. You will need to invite me - please just comment "Islam Christian Forum" so that I will know to give you access. I will provide my Facebook page link at the end.

1. 2010/2011 Revolutions
2. The Revolution Countries - Map Discussed

The area colored in MAROON form the Revolution Countries. Quite similar to some of your maps Peter.

CodeRed.Alert666 on Facebook

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: 2010/2011 Revolution Countries
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 11:04:03 AM »
Hi CodeRed and welcome to the forum! :)
Here's a hermeneutic solution that reduces the speculation and guesswork, that your images seem to require.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=12.0

Probably best for me to merge your topic with that one.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: LBL Proof... ?? You decide...
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »
[edit later. Hi Scott. I removed your post with the inexplicable html in it. The problem did not reveal itself when I pushed the quote or edit function, nor was it in your signature, as I posted "testing" into your signature, and it provided yet another section in your post.
Since I quoted your post in it's entirety in the following, it wasn't lost. Your later post didn't have anything weird about it so maybe the problem was a single post issue. Never before had such a problem. Never before has a video shown up in a post as an actual mini-TV screen. Yours was the first! I'll amp up the font in the video link that you presented so folks won't miss it.]

Hi Scott, and welcome to the forum! :)

My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Right category and right thread. (let alone right forum! ;D )

Watch this video and judge for yourself the validity of the LBL "beast" interpretation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Ti-dNTw0M

Blessings In Christ

It is valid and evermore so as we watch the entire middle-east Islamic world further consolidating under the rule of the Muslim brotherhood.
Though in regard to his secular number crunching to suggest a conquest of Israel, I believe the times of the gentiles in Jerusalem were fulfilled - for good.

But watch how this other forum's thread develops, to see how the very idea which seems so obvious to you and I through sound hermeneutics, catches in the craw of 21st century futurists and preterists who both must necessarily turn a blind eye to 1900 years of Christian era history.

PS. I am a little concerned about the complexity of your signature. In fact it wasn't until very recently when a member asked me if he could post one, that I allowed the function for the first time, after years of being online. I am concerned it could goof up the database backup. If you could restrict it to a verse or sentence it would be appreciated.

Scott_S

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »

Watch this video and judge for yourself the validity of the LBL "beast" interpretation:

Blessings In Christ

It is valid and evermore so as we watch the entire middle-east Islamic world further consolidating under the rule of the Muslim brotherhood.
Though in regard to his secular number crunching to suggest a conquest of Israel, I believe the times of the gentiles in Jerusalem were fulfilled - for good.

But watch how this other forum's thread develops, to see how the very idea which seems so obvious to you and I through sound hermeneutics, catches in the craw of 21st century futurists and preterists who both must necessarily turn a blind eye to 1900 years of Christian era history.

PS. I am a little concerned about the complexity of your signature. In fact it wasn't until very recently when a member asked me if he could post one, that I allowed the function for the first time, after years of being online. I am concerned it could goof up the database backup. If you could restrict it to a verse or sentence it would be appreciated.
I've been studying watching this for most of my life, at first I believed in the Herbert W. Armstrong interpretation... and he got the "punishers" right in his book "The U.S and GB in Prophesy" (Islamic Nazi Arab hordes) but the rest of it... no so much, at least as the future events are concerned.
I have to say that I have found no other interpretation (False Prophet, AoD etc. etc. right down the line) as cogent and biblically sound as this. (I've studied pretty much all of the "Behold the Beast" website etc. for years now... first time I've posted though.
The Remnant is out there... and God leads them to the truth, one by one... :)
 Kudos and God bless.
As far as the signature thing:
Sorry but I am a total newbie and I'm not sure what you mean about my signature exaclty lol... I didn't do anything except just post that text + pic... ????
Don't even know how to quote on here correctly yet... lol (I'm a fast learner though)
So you can edit my signature however you want because I didn't even do anything with it and don't even know what it is...(the ending I guess maybe)?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:03:53 AM by Scott_S »

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:26 AM »

Blessings In Christ

I've been studying watching this for most of my life, at first I believed in the Herbert W. Armstrong interpretation... and he got the "punishers" right in his book "The U.S and GB in Prophesy" (Islamic Nazi Arab hordes) but the rest of it... no so much, at least as the future events are concerned.
I have to say that I have found no other interpretation (False Prophet, AoD etc. etc. right down the line) as cogent and biblically sound as this. (I've studied pretty much all of the "Behold the Beast" website etc. for years now... first time I've posted though.

When I first became involved with bro Skolfield's study I asked permission to upload an html version of his book, so search engines could find and catalog it more easily. I spent the next 2-3 years in Christian forums, copy and pasting, inquiring and testing, being queried of and thus having to dive deeper into the study (particularly with preterists and the Olivet Discourse), which wound up developing the rest of the content of that site (and IsraelInBibleProhecy.com). As I noted that the Berean spirit was so conspicuously absent in the church from participating in Christian forums, I was also given an increasing burden for Muhammad's sorely deluded followers, that was followed by the development of the other two sites.

It was only until years later, within the last few months, that I participated in a Christian forum to any extent. A search of a subject led me to a post in CARM. Racking up several hundred posts over the last few months even surprises me.

The Remnant is out there... and God leads them to the truth, one by one... :)
 Kudos and God bless.
As far as the signature thing:
Sorry but I am a total newbie and I'm not sure what you mean about my signature exaclty lol... I didn't do anything except just post that text + pic... ????
But it wound up being a clickable link to a video. After many massive attacks by cyber terrorists I had several go-arounds with trying to get the forum back on its feet with a compromised forum database backup. One of them took 2-1/2 weeks - full time - to straighten out (100% the result of my ignorance to such things).
Recently, for example, I copy and pasted directly from a quoted portion in another forum that included html tags, and it wrecked the database backup, because they were different than the ones this software uses. I didn't realize it for a week or two when I tested the database, and after some time it eventually dawned on me, what had happened. I thought the nightmare was starting all over again.
Whatever you posted wound up inserting enough html to make it a clickable video. Not just text and pic.
Please remove your present signature in it's entirely and limit your signature to text only - no pics as they use too much space and reduce the number of posts per page of forum thread.

Don't even know how to quote on here correctly yet... lol (I'm a fast learner though)

I don't know if it's the best way, but the following link details what works for me.
http://www.islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=39.0

So you can edit my signature however you want because I didn't even do anything with it and don't even know what it is...(the ending I guess maybe)?

Scott_S

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
This is exactly what I did before...

I used the attachments link below to add a picture.. (is that what you're getting confused with? that's just a picture not a video link)

and I added the link here:

then I hit the pic button above: and got the two tags (and erased them)
and I think I clicked the hyperlink one too just to see...(and erased them)
and posted it.
That's all I did.

No signature or anything. Just an attachment of a screen shot of the video. and the link. Are you sure it's not the attachment that's got you buggered?

Scott_S

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »
Well let's see if this works then...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m-Ti-dNTw0M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a mini-tv screen...

Scott_S

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »
Nope. Can't imbed YT videos I guess.... so

this picture below is just an attachment of a screen shot... not a video link. it's a .jpg image... if it shows up.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »
This is exactly what I did before...

I used the attachments link below to add a picture..

I use the "insert image" link to add a picture.

(is that what you're getting confused with?

The short answer is yes, as I've never used the "attachments" window. Plus I just noticed that it doesn't play the video, but requires an extra step, rather than just clicking on the link to the video and having it play automatically, like when you click this:

that's just a picture not a video link)

and I added the link here:

then I hit the pic button above: and got the two tags (and erased them)
and I think I clicked the hyperlink one too just to see...(and erased them)

Please do not alter or write any html. Use only that provided by a button. If I wasn't so ignorant of this stuff I might not be so afraid.
If you had gone through the desperation and heartache over 2-1/2 weeks I went through, trying to reinstall a database, and all the while fearing 2-3 years of work was going down the drain, you might be better able to understand my concern. (after which I was dogged by DDoS attackers, within the first few hours of uploading the site, after arriving at each the next three consecutive hosts (who all assured me they could handle such an attack), to top it off! Several more days in search of a host. InMotionHosting valiantly battling for days, while having blocked thousands of IP addresses, before finally tossing in the towel.)

Whatever a button doesn't do, please don't do.

and posted it.
That's all I did.

No signature or anything. Just an attachment of a screen shot of the video. and the link. Are you sure it's not the attachment that's got you buggered?

Links to videos work just fine. I see no reason to desire otherwise. The link to a youtube video itself indicates to the reader that it is a video.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »
Nope. Can't imbed YT videos I guess.... so

this picture below is just an attachment of a screen shot... not a video link. it's a .jpg image... if it shows up.

No, the software currently does not support embedded video screens.