Author Topic: Jesus = God  (Read 6998 times)

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jesus = God
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
(disappeared, then restored from database on 8-18-16)

'Here I will discuss some lesser known or perhaps lesser emphasized verses that show just how Jesus viewed Himself.

Jhn 5:23  That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Why would Jesus expect others to honor Him as they honor the Father if he viewed them as seperate entities? The short answer is because Jesus viewed Himself as of one essence with the Father. Furthermore we find earlier in the chapter that Jesus mentioned his soveriegnty over matters as equal with the Father.
Jhn 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. Later he expresses that He alone has the right to judge. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

And even later we see Jesus express His own eternal prescence in very direct words.

Jhn 5:26  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself

All of these claims were distressing to the Pharisees because they heard them for what they were. Jesus' admonition that He is God incarnate. That is why they considered His words blasphemy. And had Jesus been lying, which He wasn't, the Pharisees would have been right.

There has been some confusion over the title of Son of man. Many claim that this was Jesus' way of emphasizing His humanity. But let us consider what the scriptures say on the matter.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed.

Who would have such a kingdom but God? Furthermore would God abide any worship or such adoration to fall to anyone save Himself? I hope this helps shed some light on the subject of God and Jesus. I will add to this post as I have more revealed to me.

God bless
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:27:52 PM by PeteWaldo »
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Jesus = God
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:43:37 AM »

Additionally here's another thread on the subject:
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=211.0

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

To our Muslim friends, does that read like Jesus is saying He is "just another prophet" of God?

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

randomfeats

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:49:44 AM »

Jhn 8:23 — And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

I believe this also points to the fact that Jesus was far more than just some man and when pieced with other pieces of evidence helps support the conclusion that Jesus = God.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:00:49 PM by PeteWaldo »

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »
I would like this post to be moved to the divinity of Christ as well as Psalm 24 if you have time Peter.

God bless
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »
I would like this post to be moved to the divinity of Christ as well as Psalm 24 if you have time Peter.

God bless
Done

randomfeats

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 06:39:45 AM »

Here's one stumbling block we might find though.

John 1:18 — No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

We know for a fact though, that some people have seen Jesus and if Jesus = God then we have a small problem.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:01:14 PM by PeteWaldo »

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »

Then to address this issue let's look at the whole passage.

Jhn 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Jhn 1:19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
Jhn 1:20  And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
Jhn 1:21  And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

Jhn 1:22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

Jhn 1:23 He said, I [am] the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Jhn 1:24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

So we see at this point Jesus had not come on the scene yet. So at this point none had seen God. Furthermore we see that these men were of the Pharisees. What does the scriptures say in regard to them seeing things of the Spirit?

Mar 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and [their] sins should be forgiven them. Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Mat 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous [men] have desired to see [those things] which ye see, and have not seen [them]; and to hear [those things] which ye hear, and have not heard [them].

Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

So in regard to these men they had not seen God. For we are instructed in the manner to worship God.

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:01:30 PM by PeteWaldo »

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 08:19:37 AM »
Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father

So you see only IF we see Jesus can we see the Father. We can only "see" Jesus if we worship God in spirit and truth.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »
For folks unfamiliar with the passage it is important to note that in the book of John verses 1:6-46 the Apostle John is making frequent reference to John the Baptist.

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 08:34:44 AM »
Luk 20:42   And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,  
Luk 20:43   Till I make thine enemies thy footstool
Act 7:49   Heaven [is] my throne, and earth [is] my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what [is] the place of my rest?  

Here we see that God made it abundantly clear on what terms Jesus should be taken.

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »
Act 7:50   Hath not my hand made all these things? 
Col 1:13   Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: 
Col 1:14   In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: 
Col 1:15   Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 
Col 1:16   For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 

Here we see that Paul calls Jesus God emphatically. That by Him all things were created. That He existed before all things. That Jesus' flesh was in the image of the invisible God. And since only God has the authority to wipe away sin why then would Jesus be allowed to if He is not God? All of these are claims of God alone. So Jesus either had to be God incarnate or crazy. So it is time for people to make a decision and accept God on His terms or try another route and see where it leads.

randomfeats

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »
Hbr 1:1 KJV - God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hbr 1:2 KJV - Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Hbr 1:3 KJV - Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Hbr 1:4 KJV - Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Hbr 1:5 KJV - For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hbr 1:6 KJV - And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

So here, as far as I can see, we are being told that Jesus was exalted above the other angels and that they should worship him, but if Jesus = God, why would he speak of himself in the third person.

I'm not saying that Jesus was just some random person though, he is definitely a part of God from what I've gathered and he is definitely not of this world as per:

Jhn 8:23      And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

So Jesus himself is a heavenly entity.

Phl 2:5 KJV - Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Phl 2:6 KJV - Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:7 KJV - But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

So, Jesus was the exact representation of God in flesh, but was separate from him. Though he still had all the power and authority of God as we know from:

Mat 28:18      And Jesus came, and spoke to them, saying, All power is given to me in heaven and upon earth.

but the power was given to him, by God, but why would God have to give himself power? So, Jesus is exactly what God would be in the flesh, but there still seems to be a slight distinction.

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 09:49:15 AM »
But this understanding is in direct contradiction to Jesus' own words.
Jhn 10:30   I and [my] Father are one
He understood that He is God. Just in a fleshly shell. Meant to be percieved as God and worshipped in like manner.
Jhn 5:23 That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
We honor God through worshipping Him in truth and spirit. Likewise we may only understand Jesus' relationship with God in that manner

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »
Here I give a full account of who Jesus is and taught He is. I include verses from the OT and NT to present a very complete picture. Many of these verses have been discussed in this forum but I felt their inclusion was needed to paint a more complete picture. I will provide a link where these verses are discussed in length in their relation to false beliefs and I give credit now to the site for compiling them in a readily accessable form as well as credit for most of what is written in between the verses. What is important though is teaching the truth that Jesus is God. As I am sure the people of this site will agree Here is the link http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/realj.html I strongly recommend looking at this link if you are still in doubt.

Isaiah wrote about seeing Jehovah in Isaiah 6:1-10.

In John 12:31-42, we are told that Isaiah saw Jesus' glory and spoke of Him

In Exodus 34:14 we are to worship no one but Jehovah.

In Hebrews 1:6 the angels worship Christ.

In Isaiah 44:6 Jehovah is called the first and the last (confirmed in Revelation 1:8 ),

but in Revelation 22:13 Christ is the first and the last.

In Matthew 1:23, Christ is called "Immanuel," which means "God with us."
When Thomas touched Jesus' wounds, after the resurrection, he exclaimed, "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28). Thomas called Christ both his Lord and his God. And Christ did not correct him!
Colossians 2:9 clearly confirms the deity of Christ.  Col 2:9   For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Stephen called Jesus "Lord" (Acts 7:59,60), and we are to confess Jesus as Lord (Rom. 10:9; I Cor. 12:3). "Lord" in these verses is Kurios, which is the Greek word for Jehovah in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament. It is evident from this that Christ the Lord (kurios) is Jehovah God.

Jesus Christ knows all things (John 1:48; 2:25; 6:64;14:30;21:17). He is all-powerful (Matt. 28:18; Heb. 1:3), sinless (John
8:46), eternal (Mic.5:2), and unchanging (Heb. 13:8 ). Since only God possesses these attributes, Christ must be God.
Jesus Christ has the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7; Eph. 1:7), give eternal life (John 10:28; 17:2), judge the world (John
5:22,27), and control nature (Matt. 8:26). Since only God can do these things, Christ must be God.
Jesus is worshiped by the angels (Heb. 1:6) and by man (Matt. 14:33), and yet only God is to be worshiped (Ex. 34:14). Christ
Himself said that worship is due to God alone (Matt. 4:10), and yet He accepted worship. If Jesus is not God how could He have received worship, since even angels are not allowed to receive worship (Rev.19:10)? If Christ were not God, then worshiping Him would be idolatrous.

Jesus Christ is called "the mighty God" in Isaiah 9:6.

Isa 9:6   For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

Christ is God, the Creator of all things according to Colossians 1:15-17.

Col 1:15   Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 
Col 1:16   For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 
Col 1:17   And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 

Christ claimed to be equal with God in John 10:30.

Jhn 10:30   I and [my] Father are one. 

What does the bible teach on those who will not accept Jesus on His terms or teach a heresy against what He taught?

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce
destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. And many will follow
their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; and in their greed they will exploit you with false
words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep." (2 Peter 2:1-3) The apostle Paul also warns
of judgement on those who teach false doctrine, "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel
contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is
preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed." (Gal. 1: 8,9)

God bless

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »

Here are some verses dealing with the divinity of Jesus. I apologize if this covers the same verses again. Also this may need review and revision. It is still a work in progress but I wanted to share and get some feedback. There are questions and statements added between verses to foster thought and study. I hope this helps anyone unsure of Jesus' divinity.

Jhn 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

How does anyone have the authority to bear witness of himself? Throughout the Bible only God could do such a thing.

Jhn 10:30 I and [my] Father are one.

The "one" used in this verse in its' original koine greek text means "of one essence"

Jhn 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

An irrefutable statement of Jesus' identity given by Himself. He acknowledged His pre-existence and gave His name, "I Am"

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The triune nature of God. Three facets of the same being.

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God with us. What could this mean other than what it says? GOD WITH US.

Mat 2:11  And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Who else is worthy of worship but God?

Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

We read in scripture that when Satan contended for the body of Moses that Michael dared not to level an accusation against Satan but instead said, "The Lord rebuke you". Notice Jesus not only levels accusations against Satan but rebukes him of His own authority. Also Jesus was informing Satan of his gross error in tempting his God. Jesus.

Mat 4:10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Same as above. Jesus rebuked the devil with His own authority.

Mat 4:11  Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

The word minister is often mishandled today. It actually means "to serve". So it begs the question, "Who do angels serve but God?"

Mat 7:29 For he taught them as [one] having authority, and not as the scribes.

He taught with authority. His own authority. If you read of His miracles and teachings you will note that Jesus' miracles were done of His own authority. He never asked God to do those things for Him. Why? He is God.

Mat 8:2  And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Again the point has to be made that Jesus did not reprimand this man for worshipping Him.

Mat 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Later the pharisees grow indignant stating, "only God can forgive sins." Oh the irony of their statement.

Mat 9:4  And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

Who knows anyone elses thoughts but God?

Mat 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Again Jesus never told this man not to worship Him.

Mat 10:1 And when he had called unto [him] his twelve disciples, he gave them power [against] unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Now here Jesus gave the disciples power. Did any prophet in all the Bible ever have the ability to grant such power of themselves?

Mat 11:9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.

More than a prophet? Hmmm...

Mat 12:6  But I say unto you, That in this place is [one] greater than the temple.

Greater than the temple? Hmmm...

Mat 12:8  For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Lord of the sabbath. Only God is Lord of the sabbath.

Mat 12:24  But when the Pharisees heard [it], they said, This [fellow] doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Mat 12:25  And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Jesus knew their thoughts. Again, who can do this other than God?

Mat 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

The above verse actually strayed just a little from the original greek. Probably due to its' grammatical problem. But it should read, "Be of good cheer; I Am;..."

Mat 15:25  Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Jesus recieved worship again and did not rebuke the person worshipping Him.

Mat 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Prepare the way of the Lord. It must be pointed out that John was preparing the way for Jesus. Our Lord.

Mat 2:8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found [him], bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

Again, Jesus is to be worshipped. Now this instance was a ploy by Herod to kill Jesus, but the wise men were still intending to worship Him.

In the next verses we will see what God has to say on the issue of saviour.

Isa 43:11 I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? [who] hath told it from that time? [have] not I the LORD? and [there is] no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; [there is] none beside me.

Hsa 13:4 Yet I [am] the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside me.

Ok. So there is no saviour beside God. No other than He. Then why do we read Jesus being a saviour? Could it be He is God?

Act 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to [his] promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Phl 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, [which is] our hope;

2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Tts 1:4 To Titus, [mine] own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Tts 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Tts 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

In the next few verses we see that God is the light.

1Jo 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Psa 27:1 [[[A Psalm] of David.]] The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Isa 60:20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

Mic 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD [shall be] a light unto me.

But in these next verses Jesus is the light. What does that mean?

Jhn 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jhn 12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

Jhn 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

everlasting
1) without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
2) without beginning
3) without end, never to cease, everlasting

Gen 21:33 And [Abraham] planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God.
Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [art] God.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, [that] the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? [there is] no searching of his understanding.

Jer 10:10 But the LORD [is] the true God, he [is] the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

So God is everlasting. The everlasting king.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Hbr 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Col 1:16& For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

So Jesus is everlasting as well. He is the beginning and the end and was before the beginning and will never have an end.

Col 2:2  That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

I have heard many people make the argument that Jesus could not be God because He referred to the will of the father, or talked about His father seperately. By that same measure then we should read the above verse as referring to the Father and God as seperate entities. Absurd to be sure.

Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

How could the Godhead dwell fully in anyone but God?

Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Jesus has eternal power and comprises the Godhead.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

It would seem that the foolish do not glorify Jesus as God.

Here are verses talking directly of Jesus' deity.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:10  He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Jhn 1:11  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 1:15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Phl 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

Phl 2:11  And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

kyrios-1) the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
2) in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor) this title is given to: God, the Messiah adown-2) reference to God
a) the Lord God
b) Lord of the whole earth<

2) reference to God
a) Lord of lords (probably = "thy husband, Yahweh")

2) reference to God
a) my Lord,my Lord and my God
b) Adonai (parallel with Yahweh)

Jhn 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jhn 10:34  Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

This was a reference to this verse.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

The thing that has to be emphasized here is the fact that Jesus said that HE said this.
Later we read this.

Psa 82:8  Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Why would God need to inherit all nations. He is God. They are already His. Unless something else is meant.

Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.

Rev 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for [thou] only [art] holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

(John 10:30-38, Matthew 16:13-17, Mark 14:61-64, John 14:6, Hebrews 1:8, Colossians 1:16, John 12:40-41 [quoting Isaiah 6:1-10]).

Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

The Lord will come after His messenger. Then He shall come to His temple and be the messenger of the covenant. Jesus came after John the baptist, His messenger, then started His ministry at the temple. Jesus was and is the messenger of the covenant.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The Messiah will be called, The mighty God and The everlasting Father. Would God allow anyone but Himself to be recognized as such?

Jer 33:17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

So if David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne then who does He want? God wanted to be the only King to the Israelites but they requested a human king. So God gave them one, but it has always been His intent to restore the throne to the only one suitable to reign. God. He did this through His manifestation as Jesus.

Jer 33:18  Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

So they want no man being priest. Who then? Jesus is the high priest that intercedes for us. As God He alone can wash away our sins.

Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

The Messiah will be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Again, why would God allow such a thing to happen?

Zec 12:9  And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

In these verses God is relating to Isaiah what will transpire in the last days. Here God says that He will destroy all nations that come against Jerusalem. Then God will pour upon the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and supplications. For the purposes of this post we see the MOST significant part of the verse. &quot;and they shall look upon ME whom they have pierced,&quot; This verse is a clear indication that God is Jesus. The Gospels bear it out.

Jhn 19:37  And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Hbr 1:3  Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

So Jesus, by Himself, purged us of our sins. I thought only God could do that.
Hbr 1:6  And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Would God want anyone worshipped other than Him?

Hbr 1:8  But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.

So God calls the Son, God. Hmmm...interesting.

Hbr 1:10  And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

More recognition of Jesus as God by God.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:27:24 PM by PeteWaldo »