Author Topic: are we already in the tribulation?  (Read 5128 times)

darknessesedge

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
are we already in the tribulation?
« on: October 10, 2009, 12:40:04 AM »
could it be that right now IS the tribulation period?

thanks

resistingrexmundi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: are we already in the tribulation?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:53:05 AM »
[disappeared and recovered from database]

'Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Done. Not a place on earth not left unexplored. We even went to space

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
Done. We now understand the prophecies in conjunction with history.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Done. Islam spread like wildfire and was set back up as a major world player because of WW1 and WW2.

Mat 24:3 ¶ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Done. Over and over again. There have been so many false Christs I have lost count.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Done. That is a perfect description of the world now.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Done. Earthquakes have been happening with more frequency in this last century than in any other. Famine is rampant for much of the world in spite of all our agricultural advances and we are constantly hearing of new diseases every year. Bird flu, swine flu, west nile virus, etc. All of it happening from all over the world.
Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Done. This is one hateful world.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Done. There have been many false prophets. Joseph Smith, Emma White, David Koresh, MUHAMMAD.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Done. We live in a world with all the technological advances one could ask for and yet we concern ourselves more with whether it is economically feasible to help the impoverished or not.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Done. Where in the world is there people that haven't had the Gospel preached? If not preached where is there a place that can't access it somehow? Even in nations where the Bible has been outlawed the internet provides access to the Bible. If there is a nation that hasn't at least heard the Gospel there can't be many.
Mat 24:15 ¶ When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Done. Dome of the Rock. 688 ad.

Tribulation began the moment the Church was "born".
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Tribulation was a reality for the first century Church.
Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Jhn 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
2Cr 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 2Cr 7:4 Great [is] my boldness of speech toward you, great [is] my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.
1Th 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.
2Th 1:6 Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

And continues to be today for all our brothers and sisters in the middle east, China, Russia, and all those Islamic nations in Africa.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:52:05 PM by Peter »
Doth that man love his Lord who would be willing to see Jesus wearing a crown of thorns, while for himself he craves a chaplet of laurel? Shall Jesus ascend to his throne by the cross, and do we expect to be carried there on the shoulders of applauding crowds? Charles H. Spurgeon

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »
could it be that right now IS the tribulation period?

thanks

Hi darkenssesedge and welcome to the forum! :)

I believe it is, and has been, since John declared us his "fellow companions" in the tribulation:

(NASB): Revelation 1:9  I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance {which are} in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

(Greek/English Interlinear (tr) NT) Revelation 1:9 |  egw  <1473> {I}  iwannhV  <2491> {JOHN,}  o  <3588> {WHO}  kai  <2532> {ALSO}  adelfoV  <80> {BROTHER}  umwn  <5216> {YOUR}  kai  <2532> {AND}  sugkoinwnoV  <4791> {FELLOW PARTAKER}  en  <1722> {IN}  th  <3588> {THE}  qliyei  <2347> {TRIBULATION}  kai  <2532> {AND}  en  <1722> {IN}  th  <3588> {THE}  basileia  <932> {KINGDOM}  kai  <2532> {AND}  upomonh  <5281> {ENDURANCE}  ihsou  <2424> {OF JESUS}  cristou  <5547> {CHRIST,}....

http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=499.0

darknessesedge

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:03:06 AM »
Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Done. Not a place on earth not left unexplored. We even went to space

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Done. We now understand the prophecies in conjunction with history.

Done. Islam spread like wildfire and was set back up as a major world player because of WW1 and WW2.

Mat 24:3 ¶ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Done. Over and over again. There have been so many false Christs I have lost count.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Done. That is a perfect description of the world now.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Done. Earthquakes have been happening with more frequency in this last century than in any other. Famine is rampant for much of the world in spite of all our agricultural advances and we are constantly hearing of new diseases every year. Bird flu, swine flu, west nile virus, etc. All of it happening from all over the world.

Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Done. This is one hateful world.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Done. There have been many false prophets. Joseph Smith, Emma White, David Koresh, MUHAMMAD.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Done. We live in a world with all the technological advances one could ask for and yet we concern ourselves more with whether it is economically feasible to help the impoverished or not.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Done. Where in the world is there people that haven't had the Gospel preached? If not preached where is there a place that can't access it somehow? Even in nations where the Bible has been outlawed the internet provides access to the Bible. If there is a nation that hasn't at least heard the Gospel there can't be many.

Mat 24:15 ¶ When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Done. Dome of the Rock. 688 ad.

Tribulation began the moment the Church was "born".

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Tribulation was a reality for the first century Church.

Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Jhn 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2Cr 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 2Cr 7:4 Great [is] my boldness of speech toward you, great [is] my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

1Th 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

2Th 1:6 Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

And continues to be today for all our brothers and sisters in the middle east, China, Russia, and all those Islamic nations in Africa.

thanks for your responce!!!!
I believe that we are in the great trib.
I think that we are just waiting on that final trump so that we can be taken away to be with the Lord.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:06:55 AM by darknessesedge »

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 05:34:09 AM »
I do too. I'm afraid that so many believe the tribulation to be a fixture of the future that they can't really see how our brothers and sisters are suffering in much of the world. With 2 million killed - so far - by the leopard-bear-lion beast, in the Sudan alone.
http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?board=51.0

darknessesedge

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »
I hear you..
what was the timeframe of you studying until you came to your conclusions?
what made you think that there was no other rapture?

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 06:54:41 AM »
I hear you..
what was the timeframe of you studying until you came to your conclusions?
what made you think that there was no other rapture?

If there is not 7 year tribulation, then there is nothing for a pre-trib rapture to be pre, unless it was before John wrote those words in about 95 AD.

I was a futurist for maybe a dozen years, self-indoctrinated with Jack van Impe tapes and books. I started to memorize it and put it on the internet and wondering things like how would the whole world not believe in God if all of the Christians were suddenly removed? But the big question that I asked God directly was what my responsibility was toward my Jewish friends, whose lives revolve around God and their temple community. I didn't think about my question until about 2 weeks later, when God offered me a specific answer, to that specific question within the covers of The False Prophet. If you haven't read it yet, I guarantee it will bless your studies as much as it has mine. It's free: http://www.beholdthebeast.com/the_false_prophet.htm

Since I picked that book up, when I study, the more things fit together, rather than the more they fall apart, as with John Darby's eschatology.

It is stunning to note that the two end-time doctrines that became popular in the 20th century church, both, necessarily preclude that Mohammed could be the false prophet of the book of Revelation, though the truth is apparent. http://islamchristianforum.com/index.php?topic=446.0

darknessesedge

• ecclesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »
cool..
I have read and still reread that site you linked too..alot of good info there..
thats how I found this site..

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 06:42:26 AM »
cool..
I have read and still reread that site you linked too..alot of good info there..
thats how I found this site..

If you haven't read the book yet is will really help tie things together. I started the site in order to put an HTML version of the book online that could have page links and image links and such. The rest of the site are based on portions of the book, or what I have learned since, much of it from chatting with Muslims.
Another free book I am reading now that is really informative regarding the books of Islam is Prophet of Doom, by Craig Winn:
http://prophetofdoom.net/